3.13 Updated Shrapnel Ballista Build-League Starter+Boss Killer+Good Clear Speed

You rock!

And tell me... you use ballistas with tornado shot for clearing and for bosses you made a gem swap?

How we generate frenzy and endurances?

And... would be worth it to drop frenzy tree and go for the second fortify wheel? (Steadfast node) or maybe don't worth the points...
Dernière édition par FedeS, le 18 janv. 2021 22:26:26
I have the updated POB in build now--- I actually put a 2nd chin sol in off weapon slot for tornado and am leveling the gems so that I can just hit "x" and swap between the totems types. I will quality up my shrapnel gems first for sure---since that is our boss bread and butter. For Tornado shot I think the ultimate bow is arborix---you will get 5 arrows out of that bow for super clearing....and the free lvl 30 dash. Iron Reflexes is absolute garbage on bosses however----in 3.9 Arborix used to swap between iron reflexes and speed running.....and all of a sudden you'ld lose all your evade and speed and get smoked. Most likely why they changed it.

Below is where this build generates frenzy and endurance charges...chance on kill for each. Typically you cant get endurance charges in most archery builds...so it is a nice perk. I tried this build as a ranger....the dps was there but the survive was not...Champion is definitely the ascendency type to use.

I would say 2nd fortify set of nodes is a no go---4 wasted nodes before you get to anything worthwhile and its melee based set of nodes.
"
Wharhogg a écrit :
"
SilentDescent a écrit :
"
Another option I am playing with for faster map clearing is gemming a 2nd bow and using ballista totem+Tornado shot

Can you elaborate on the full 6-link for that please? Loving the idea, thanks!

Yes and I have changed my tree a tad, I dropped Master Fletcher for Piercing shots so I don't have to run that weak pierce gem....instead I run slower projectiles for more damage on Shrapnel.

Gems for Tornado shot(which is what I am running 90% of the time ----its super handy on Rituals to reach everything) Tornado shot>Ballista Totem>Vicious Proj>Impale>Brutality.

You only get 6 totems with Tornado shot vs the 8 for Shrapnel, but it is more than enough to clear effectively on maps/leveling.

thanks for the fast reply, build feels super fun. I will try out the TS setup!
"
Wharhogg a écrit :
I have the updated POB in build now--- I actually put a 2nd chin sol in off weapon slot for tornado and am leveling the gems so that I can just hit "x" and swap between the totems types. I will quality up my shrapnel gems first for sure---since that is our boss bread and butter. For Tornado shot I think the ultimate bow is arborix---you will get 5 arrows out of that bow for super clearing....and the free lvl 30 dash. Iron Reflexes is absolute garbage on bosses however----in 3.9 Arborix used to swap between iron reflexes and speed running.....and all of a sudden you'ld lose all your evade and speed and get smoked. Most likely why they changed it.

Below is where this build generates frenzy and endurance charges...chance on kill for each. Typically you cant get endurance charges in most archery builds...so it is a nice perk. I tried this build as a ranger....the dps was there but the survive was not...Champion is definitely the ascendency type to use.

I would say 2nd fortify set of nodes is a no go---4 wasted nodes before you get to anything worthwhile and its melee based set of nodes.

Maybe I am doing something wrong (not that high lvl yet), but I never have more than the minimum 1 endurance charge, or 1 frenzy charge without actively using frenzy. Which would make sense, as the wiki states:
"Any charges generated by the totem are simply discarded, and will not transfer back to the player." and "Kills made by totems are credited to the creator of the totem for the purposes of experience gain, but effects such as life gain on kill will not affect the player. "

Is it then even worth it to invest that many points for just 1 charge?
"
SilentDescent a écrit :
Maybe I am doing something wrong (not that high lvl yet), but I never have more than the minimum 1 endurance charge, or 1 frenzy charge without actively using frenzy. Which would make sense, as the wiki states:
"Any charges generated by the totem are simply discarded, and will not transfer back to the player." and "Kills made by totems are credited to the creator of the totem for the purposes of experience gain, but effects such as life gain on kill will not affect the player. "

Very good questions, I wish to know too. Thanks for the answers Whar.
"
FedeS a écrit :
"
SilentDescent a écrit :

Very good questions, I wish to know too. Thanks for the answers Whar.

I've been having the same issue----probably not worth messing with the enduance/frenzy charges. Instead I've changed the tree to include the + to ele resist nodes, this will make gearing for dps/life much easier. Below I've included this changed tree----Master Fletcher is the last node I would go to for 92-95...and I would respec back to it once I got to 95----prior to that I would pump life nodes.

In 3.9 I used this build without any frenzy or endurance charges----and bosses melted, I was always a minion guy in other xpacs, but boss killing was slow and required much more in the way of defense because the mechanics got to play out for a much longer duration. This build eliminates the duration issue....and allows you to be fully focused on avoiding mechanics while your ballistas do the damage.

Another option would be dropping vaal grace for enduring cry---that is a possiblity for generating endurance charges...I just dont know how much I would want to taunt enemies-----your ballistas are like mini meatsheilds.

https://pastebin.com/ktWayvBd
Dernière édition par Wharhogg, le 19 janv. 2021 12:50:56
Thanks for your input again.

I'd LOVE some gamplay videos BTW!
Here is me currently clearing a Safehouse, lvl 85-- 6L arborix(tornado shot), 5L shrapnel in a chin sol. I desperately need - to non channeling skills....havent found it yet....so mana flasking like crazy. ATM running precision+ dread banner+vuln w/blasphemy. Also need a dying sun so my tornado shot shoots 7 projectiles for ultimate screen clear.

The Safehouse bosses at the end melted so fast with shrapnel it lagged my capture.

Just realized my ice golem wasnt casted when i showed stats---i have 2k more dps and 100% to hit normally.

Also ran out of chromatics---so using slower projectiles in the Arb until I can fix 3 red sockets to get brutality in there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KelYKSvMFlk
Dernière édition par Wharhogg, le 20 janv. 2021 14:11:12
Tried out a Volley support gem in place of Maim with Tornado shot-----this is the ultimate clearing gem.....
Torando shot>ballista support>brutality>visc projectiles>volley support>impale support

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckMTJpBYi2g
Mate, im having a lot of fun with this build but i dont understand the reason why we pick "Crimson Dance". Can you explain this to me? (sorry for my bad english, its not my lenguage)

Nice build. Love it.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires