[3.24] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content done. Rant time.

"
Fire_Archer a écrit :
"
TheEighthPanda a écrit :
(...)

(...)

Thank you for the response and clarification!
I forgot about the new Pantheons, it makes sense to me now. I also see that with your tree + Aberrath you get 100% ignite duration reduction so that just leaves us with Shock whose effectiveness is reduced by 40% from Fortress Covenant and nodes, neat!

I'll then just stick to the plan, using Purity maybe only for the early game res and ailments.

I have another question though, how much does the Divine Shield keystone node do for us? Is the ~1,2k armour total in the latest PoB version of the build fuelling it sufficiently?
Dernière édition par TheEighthPanda, le 22 oct. 2021 03:53:28
"
TheEighthPanda a écrit :

I have another question though, how much does the Divine Shield keystone node do for us? Is the ~1,2k armour total in the latest PoB version of the build fuelling it sufficiently?

Honestly? I don't know. The build you see now is made of ES shield and gear. Last league armor was not the way.

This league, you might return to a heavy armor shield and go about 10k Armor.

As for Divine Shield, it is very debatable. It can be good, it can be not worth taking. Gotta see. But restoring Energy Shield, when you have about 2k ES is a problem. So even if Divine Shield provides ~200 or more ES regen it would be really good.
"
Fire_Archer a écrit :
"
TheEighthPanda a écrit :

Honestly? I don't know. The build you see now is made of ES shield and gear. Last league armor was not the way.

This league, you might return to a heavy armor shield and go about 10k Armor.

As for Divine Shield, it is very debatable. It can be good, it can be not worth taking. Gotta see. But restoring Energy Shield, when you have about 2k ES is a problem. So even if Divine Shield provides ~200 or more ES regen it would be really good.

Makes sense. Armour now seems easier to achieve some good mitigation with. I'd love to grab Sanctum of Thought for crit protection there while stacking armour a bit but vaal timeless jewel eats it up 😅
"
TheEighthPanda a écrit :
Makes sense. Armour now seems easier to achieve some good mitigation with. I'd love to grab Sanctum of Thought for crit protection there while stacking armour a bit but vaal timeless jewel eats it up 😅

I still doubt armor is gonna be as good as raw ES. Phys damage generaly is not something this build ever strugled with.

And phys shield is something you start with anyway. Getting a good ES shield takes some time. You can read up in a main post in shield section.

As for Purity - you need to give it proper creddit. It also removes Scorch, Brittle and Sap.
As for the build, you get 100% Chill reduction from Soul + passives, 100% ignite reduction from lesser soul + passives and 100% shock reduction from passive + jewel craft.

Dernière édition par Fire_Archer, le 22 oct. 2021 04:49:27
"
Fire_Archer a écrit :
"
TheEighthPanda a écrit :
(...)

I still doubt armor is gonna be as good as raw ES. Phys damage generaly is not something this build ever strugled with.

And phys shield is something you start with anyway. Getting a good ES shield takes some time. You can read up in a main post in shield section.

As for Purity - you need to give it proper creddit. It also removes Scorch, Brittle and Sap.
As for the build, you get 100% Chill reduction from Soul + passives, 100% ignite reduction from lesser soul + passives and 100% shock reduction from passive + jewel craft.

Okay, noted. don't see anything about ES shields in the main post though, only armour shield suggestions there for end game shield gear slot... unless I am not noticing something again haha. I can see you using an ES shield in the PoB, though.

So our way to go in terms of shield progression is Sentari/Ahn's Heritage -> Life, block, spell block shaper armour shield -> Life, block, spell block shaper ES shield?
"
TheEighthPanda a écrit :

Okay, noted. don't see anything about ES shields in the main post though, only armour shield suggestions there for end game shield gear slot... unless I am not noticing something again haha. I can see you using an ES shield in the PoB, though.

So our way to go in terms of shield progression is Sentari/Ahn's Heritage -> Life, block, spell block shaper armour shield -> Life, block, spell block shaper ES shield?

That's what I did last league, yes. The shield you see in PoB also costed me like 12 ex or something. Phys shields are generaly cheaper.

But having that extra ES felt so much better than having armor.

This might change because of the armor rework and Divine Shield.

Then again, I have info that blocking a hit = reducing damage by 100% - and that feeds into Divine Shield as well. If that is true, you will have infinite ES regen pretty much. Then ES shield becomes moer desired.

With so many new things this league, everything is subject to change. And, of course, you can try things yourself, see what you like more.
A little bit update, build is doing well.

Currently I am fully block capped. Ignite and Shock immune.

The damage feels a bit low, but its always like that at the start.

Current PoB https://pastebin.com/YCM94T5f

Divine Shield is insane!

Dernière édition par Fire_Archer, le 23 oct. 2021 23:01:02
Should we go for any specific value of Skill Cooldown Recovery on the Geofri's helmet? Is the 5% spread of big importance there?
Doesn't matter.

In end game max roll + 23% quality Divergent gem will give you extra DPS, but its it very specific upgrade.

You can also check your relic cooldown in PoB to make sure its the same as your static strike activation frequency in Static Strike tooltip.
Okay, time to make an update.

So if you gonna ask me, is this build still good?

I will have to respond

So here is a quick summary of me getting through the game with the build.
Spoiler

A great start.
Spoiler
Depite changes, starting the build felt as smooth as before. Rampage gloves+Spiritual Aid were doing some heavy work.

Later on, getting Skin of the Lords, for VERY VERY CHEAP gave the much needed damage boost to relics to comfortably clear maps up to like t11-13. But then problems started. A lot of them.

A horrendous mid game.
Spoiler
Oh boy, I don't even know where to start...

I guess lets start with the simple fact, that because of the changes to a tree, and just to the tree, build went for ~90EHP in PoB down to 60EHP.

Then you add in the loss of fortify.

The loss of blind.

The loss of 300 HP (~6% max HP) heal on block from Bone Offering.

The loss of a reliable anoint.

Al that together made it so, you just die. No other way around it, you die and you die and you die, even to a regular white mobs in a t14-16.

And so I began trying to fix this problems one by one.

Spoiler
First furthermost, having a good boost from early game, I managed to save enough money to actually buy

4 exalts down the drain.
Looking back, I still can't say, was that a right thing to do or a mistake.
I saved a lot of time clearing maps faster, blowing things up before they touch me, and still dying a lot. By the end of unlocking A8, I had about 70 deaths. And while you may say that number is low, its unheard of for this build from the past.

I simply could not figure out what kills me through 75/75 block.

The very next thing I tried to fix is getting a shield with heal on block.
That didn't go well, as there was no Shaper shields on the market at that time, and regular shield mods of 100 HP on block didn't do ANYTHING to keep me alive. So I just keep dying more. Might as well kept the Sentaris Answer. Wouldn't make too big of a difference.

Seeing as I can't possibly stay alive, I started saving for Glorious Vanity. Another 4 exalts to fortify the build.
It helped a bit. Having extra 1500 ES and removing pressure from life to heal it up with 'on block recovery' felt reasonably well. But it was not enough. As big hits that would come through the block would still oneshot me.

It was not until I got a Shaper Shield with %Life on block it felt better.
Having all that barely, just barely put me on a level of tankines this build had before without any upgrades in gear.

With the removal of block nodes from a tree, it also got really hard to cap both of my blocks.
What it turned into is - you are pretty much FORCED to use Tempest Shield.
And let me tell you, when GGG said reservation would be better, that was a straight fucking lie. With all the nodes we had before, you have to drop the banner (10% dmg) to fit all the stuff. And you have to spend extra passive points for reservation as well. At least in return you get Shock immunity. And an extra gem slot as Enlighten no longer does anything.

Longer tree paths and removal of resistance nodes made it so capping Chaos resistance became impossible early on. It also made it so you don't have points to invest in life. Build that previously was 5600 HP now is 4700. Even up to this point I'm not Chaos Res Capped.

The faster progress of atlas, made it so difficulty spikes in faster too, and I can't say this build was ready for that.

It felt, very... very sad dying on A8 Sirus fight 3 times. While previously you would never be able to do it, even if you face tank all his attacks.

Dying to Veritania tornadoes, that would previously HEAL you also felt very bad.

A promising future?
Spoiler
And while midgame felt terrible, the end game might be promising. At this point I was able to get some chaos resist, make some changes to the amulet, using Stone of Lazhwar little brother - The Anvil.

Getting my block to 80/75 to try and ignore all the attacks.
A lot of power also locked behind leveling Awakened gems that I currently have at level 1. With the chest you need at least lvl 3 for unlock the full power.
Investing into resist on rings boots and belt promises unlocking extra life as I could respec resistances from the gear.

Already I've done Cortex and Guardians deathless.

Now lets skip to the changes that were made to the build.
Spoiler
There were not many.

1) Anoint and Amulet is gone. Early game I was using Stone of Lazwhar with Testudo to cap my block.

Later, when you allocate Safeguard, I was able to drop both of the amulet and anoint for The Anvil.

2) No more Reckless Defence needed. That means an extra open jewel slot. Possibly for Life+ Minion damage. Maybe for Intuitive Leap like I did. Haven't decided on that one.

3) For the Shiled, you must use 'Recover %life when you block' instead of %ES like before. You just have to do it.
The change to the shield mods made it so, you can't easily craft a shield you want anymore. So you just have to hope you roll into Life on block and High block chance.

4) Divine Shield is really good. Its a replacement for %ES on block you had before. A worse one, but still viable.

5) Changed location of Glorious Vanity and removed Thread of Hope. Means you have extra jewel slot unlocked. I used it for Anatomical Knowledge.

6) Culling Strike gem goes into Static Strike setup instead of Fortify. For now. Subject to change if I can find a good megalomaniac jewel.

Have a look at current PoB
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/UGT0d704

And a TL;DR
Spoiler
Build is worse than before, but still okay. Good to start. Fun to scale, fun to play, terrible to cross midgame gap.
Dernière édition par Fire_Archer, le 31 oct. 2021 15:45:55

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires