[3.12] A Comprehensive SSF Earthshatter Guide [EASY ALL CONTENT]

Question - has anyone tried going ailment immune with this? I've played a lot of Toxic Rain/Caustic Arrow builds, which use 'Chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments' on Shaper boots, for example. Paired with gloves, helmet, and Crystal Skin that should get close to 100%, but given that we clear all ailments at low life, is it worth it?
Nice to see people helping each other with the build :)

So, for the answers:

"
Question - has anyone tried going ailment immune with this? I've played a lot of Toxic Rain/Caustic Arrow builds, which use 'Chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments' on Shaper boots, for example. Paired with gloves, helmet, and Crystal Skin that should get close to 100%, but given that we clear all ailments at low life, is it worth it?

I didn't try going Immune because I don't think it's worth. Not really because of the clear ailments on low life, because that is not realy that reliable, but you can remove ailments with War Crys, and since you'll be using that alot... I only use a remove freeze flask and the other ailments the War Crys can take care of it.

"
Nice guide.

I've been considering SSF for a couple of leagues now. I'll give this build a go.

Nice! That is one of the goals with the guide. Hope you have a good experience!

"
Thanks. I'm not seeing it anymore on poe.ninja, so maybe it was wrong. Are people able to fit Flesh and Stone, Pride, Dread Banner and Blood and Sand? I currently don't have the mana for it, so I've been dropping Blood and Sand. I've seen a few Enlighten Supports in builds. Is that the way to go, or is it just a QoL thing?

One other question - I pop Molten Shell pretty much on cooldown, but when should I be popping Vaal Molten Shell? On bosses, or just big packs?

Thanks!

Enligthen should allow you to squeeze some extra aura for dmg/utility and should be pretty good at lvl 3. Or even 4 if you're that lucky. Is just about min/maxing the character. On SSF it's kinda hard to rely on this kind of gem, but if you're trading or just found one, should be pretty good to use it.

Vaal Molten Shell, I use mostly on bosses and Legion, since they're kinda hard.

"
Hey all! Right now I've just been looking at PoBs on PoE.ninja and currently it seems like Facebreakers do more damage than even a 700pdps axe lol... Just bought some perfect rolled Facebreakers and will be testing out how it feels.

Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder! With correct gear Facebreakers can give you some pretty good damage, and if you get curse corruption, it even better. I'll de adding this option and annoints on the guide soon.
Thanks for the response!

After looking at poe.ninja a bit more, it looks like some people are running Blood and Sand over Dread Banner. Currently it 74% of Earthshatter Champs use Blood and Sand vs only 48% for Dread Banner. I haven't had a chance to look at the numbers in PoB, but thoughts on this?

Right now my mitigation seems to be pretty spiky. I'm able to survive, but I'm constantly popping Molten Shell, Enduring Cry, and my Lion's Roar to get through damage spikes. Is there a life/armor threshold I should aim for? Currently my gear is very underwhelming, as I' only at 6K life and 13K armour. /grimace emoji

Finally, I'm digging how this build straight bullies bosses. Afte playing the last few leagues with DoT builds, this is a nice refresher. Took down Sirus A1 yesterday (no big feat) with only a couple fluke deaths as I got used to Leap Slamming around vs. my usual Flame Dash.

Thanks again!

Dernière édition par Ruxxe, le 1 oct. 2020 12:51:55
Are there any specific flasks that we should use?
Solid guide for a solid league starter & end game build! Guides This well written and full of tips are ones I wish I found when I started playing POE. It can be overwhelming for newer players just learning about the game!

Thanks again
wrong
Dernière édition par yissus, le 3 oct. 2020 19:36:42
"
After looking at poe.ninja a bit more, it looks like some people are running Blood and Sand over Dread Banner. Currently it 74% of Earthshatter Champs use Blood and Sand vs only 48% for Dread Banner. I haven't had a chance to look at the numbers in PoB, but thoughts on this?

The main reason for going for Dread Banner is to save some Impale points on the tree. The best option, is to squeeze Dread Banner when your mana can handle,either by Enligthen, or enough -flat mana on rings. Otherwise, Blood and Sand should be better.

"
Right now my mitigation seems to be pretty spiky. I'm able to survive, but I'm constantly popping Molten Shell, Enduring Cry, and my Lion's Roar to get through damage spikes. Is there a life/armor threshold I should aim for? Currently my gear is very underwhelming, as I' only at 6K life and 13K armour. /grimace emoji

If you already have the +1% max res and fortify effect node on the tree, you should just adjust your playstyle to the maps mods, since your life and armor seems ok.

Avoid rushing into packs with leap slam or flame dash, your can kill them from a reasonable distance. Other than that, maybe some life leech can help you.

Hope you doing fine on your build! :)

"
Are there any specific flasks that we should use?

Hey Quicko, since you're always removing ailments from the War Crys, the only one you should have is freeze removal. With other flasks, you can be roll them how you like. I enjoy %increased armor on granite, and remove curses. And, ofc, insta recovery on life flask.

"
wrong

right

"

Solid guide for a solid league starter & end game build! Guides This well written and full of tips are ones I wish I found when I started playing POE. It can be overwhelming for newer players just learning about the game!

Thanks again

Thank you for the support!
Dernière édition par Morphlyne, le 4 oct. 2020 10:26:27
Thanks for the tips! I'm almost to the point where I can get Dread Banner in there with the Elreon -Non-channeling Mana Cost mod.

Also, good point about not Leap Slamming into packs - thats a bit of a bad habit for me, and I'm starting to learn to skirt around the edges and slam at range. I also realized that I wasn't keeping my endurance charges up. I was using Enduring Cry for life regen, but not noticing that it also grants charges based on the enemies nearby. So now I'm popping that before packs rather than during/after, and that's helped a lot.

I also added an Endurance Charge on Melee Stun to my Leap Slam setup and that seems to help (me at least) keep my charges up and simplify my rotation a bit in more complex/busy fights.

Couple of questions:

- Is it better to be running Vulnerability or Enfeeble? I was able to fit my Vulnerability in at level 20, but it does have a steep Int requirement, so wondering if it's worth it.

- Blood Rage level: do I level it to 20, or should I stop earlier? I see a fair amount of variation on poe.ninja, so curious about this.

Thanks!

I'm now at the higher red maps, and I'm struggling. My clear speed is slow, and boss damage isnt as good as I'd have expected.

Can someone take a look at my character and give me some hints?

Thanks!

PS: SSF BTW :)
@Vickery

1) Level up gems to 20.
2) You can use Sulphur Flask.
3) Try to roll good Spiked Gloves if you have the item.
4) You can change the Leather Belt with a Rustic Sash for % Increased Global Physical Damage.
5) If you can find another weapon and similar stats and also get Increased Attack Speed on it, that'll help too.
6) You can also get another jewel at level 90.

Dernière édition par QuickoPOE, le 5 oct. 2020 09:06:48

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires