[3.11] Gladiator Masochist - Active Guarding, Bleed, Dual-Curse, Full Counterattack Build

Hi, I am loving this build as it has been so much fun to play with.

I literally just run from area to area and the mobs kill themselves on me keeping me leveled. The only thing is that when they drop loot and I have to run back to collect it because I want it.

I started the league with another character and saved up some good loot I found along the way so have been able to equip my guy well enough along the way. Even if I was starting with nothing, although I would be forced to kill the mobs with my main attack it would still be easy to get through the game with this build. I think from now on it will be my go to starter league build.

Anyway I am loving it and I have been having a blast and know I will continue to do so.

I do have one question/thought on taking Gladiatorial Combat shield node as it sort of conflicts with Resolute Technique and even if you take it for the 2% damage increase, is that really a lot? It doesn't show up on the builder so I don't know if it is broken (as in the offline builder program) or in effective as a mechanic. NEVER MIND: I check in the pob.party site and it works and works well. The offline builder must be bugged for me then.

Also I was thinking for using oils to grab the Command of Steel node off to the side of the Duelist or the Defection node by the Shadow.

Edit: Lol, I just checked the build gear listed here and it has Command of Steel unlocked on it. I am not sure if I subconsciously saw it and thought I had the idea or when going over the tree and thinking it would be good to take it with oils (which I did do).
HaHaHa - YES!
Dernière édition par Zalpha, le 21 juil. 2020 04:44:42
I've recently start using your build on Harvest HC and it's been a breeze so far. Very fun indeed to watch mobs kill themselves in no time :) I'm only level 57 atm and just gotten the second ascension Versatile Combatant. Now the build is really starting to pick up steam.

Is your POB correct that are 104 of 121 points allocated? That would be nice, because I could allocate more points in defensive nodes for my HC character.

A nice levelling item I've managed to buy for a relatively low price is the Lycosidea shield (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lycosidae). As it frees up an extra skillpoint, would it be worth to use this as in endgame item?
Dernière édition par Redaxe, le 22 juil. 2020 02:27:23
"
Redaxe a écrit :
I've recently start using your build on Harvest HC and it's been a breeze so far. Very fun indeed to watch mobs kill themselves in no time :) I'm only level 57 atm and just gotten the second ascension Versatile Combatant. Now the build is really starting to pick up steam.

Is your POB correct that are 104 of 121 points allocated? That would be nice, because I could allocate more points in defensive nodes for my HC character.

A nice levelling item I've managed to buy for a relatively low price is the Lycosidea shield (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lycosidae). As it frees up an extra skillpoint, would it be worth to use this as in endgame item?

I would say no it is not a good item to use. The reason being is that you get huge buff to your damage from the amount of armor the shield has on it as well the build being a pure physical build avoiding elemental damage and focusing on bleed along with the physical damage. Nodes you take such as Gladiatorial Combat (bottom of the Duelist)will mean a ton of damage if you have an armored shield as they can get well over 750 armor (and I am not sure but I think they can reach about 1200 amour or so in what a single shield tower shield could offer you). There are also the gems that you use that do things like prevent you from doing elemental damage, so that makes any elemental damage you gain pointless. (This is a good thing as it protects you from elemental reflect).

Also yes, the build is stopped at level 83.

How I plan to finish the build.
HaHaHa - YES!
Dernière édition par Zalpha, le 22 juil. 2020 17:12:36
Thanks for the clarification :)

Seeing your plan for the finished tree, what will be your 4th ascension? I guess you left it out intentionally, as all three don't add much to this build.

Outmatch and Outlast looks the best of the bunch. Conditional extra damage and mitigation.

Bleed in the Eyes stays with your bleed theme, but it also gives blind. Which could be a problem for the three counterattacks.

Arena Challenger also looks not okay, as it seems too much hassle to get Blood or Sand stances.
Dernière édition par Redaxe, le 23 juil. 2020 04:03:05
Can i do endgame boss with this build? anyone kill endgame boss with this build?
"
Can i do endgame boss with this build? anyone kill endgame boss with this build?

I would like to know too.
The way of this playstile seems to be fun!
I would love to see a video of mapping and bossing of this build.
Just to get a feel for how it looks, i contemplate league starting this!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires