[3.12] Aziire's Earthshatter Juggernaut - Screenwide Slamming! | League Starter

Aight yall act like I don't actually read this bad boy. Lemme give a quick update and reply in general to everyone, mostly the forum boys who actually read these pages. Updates have been lacking as I spent half a week moving house, and once you lose momentum it can be hard to pick PoE back up sometimes.

First off huge thanks to everyone who is playing and enjoying the build, especially those that are further adapting and helping people out in the forum. There's quite a few of you, yall know if you are a homie or not. I feel bad for not getting to all your questions, some of them are easily answered even just in the guide itself, or within the videos I have made. I understand it can be annoying to search for these, but I find even making a FAQ won't stop some of these questions. Either way I appreciate that you have taken the time to play my build and even have enough vested interest to comment. I am much easier to reach in YouTube comments or even Twitch, where I will be live and more active soon. The forum while great can be awful for trying to find answers, even just this post will only be read by a few but that's okay. I love looking at how all your builds are going, and while I don't reply all the time trust that I am reading all your updates and enjoying them.

Now to address some of these haters. I get that you might be struggling with the build, or you might think it is 'trash tier'. You need to realise that these forum guides aren't really for you. If you have the ability to go on poeninja and find some sick build, and relatively put it all together yourself, then go do it. If you improve it and feel like commenting, why not do it in an informative way? I try and format these things for actual casual players. Very casual players aren't going to be loading up with a 6 Linked God Tier Axe, or Curse on Hit Rings etc. I'm aware things could be more optimal, Axes Vs Maces for example. This is only really a deal for pushing Red Maps, and even then. For the most part, or how I think anyway, is that a beginner just kinda wants to slam. They aren't stressing about insta phasing conquerors or any of that, they are just trying to even get into maps.

Some of you got to understand that the build was theorycrafted before Earthshatter was even out, and before we knew how it functioned. On top of this I value Memes > God Tier Builds pretty highly. AoE is more viable for Maces and that was the decider for me.

Lastly I am mostly posting to address two guys, the latest post @xakor and someone who posted quite a while ago @saizosol.

@saizosol Just because your forum guide did trash no need to come in here blasting me for mine. Claiming I gave up on it is mostly what made me want to reply, as it is kind of a baseless claim.

@xakor you have made quite a few errors and haven't done much research considering you are trying to talk down the build. On top of this you are trying to paint it like I intentionally ran a weak map to show off the build. I make it very apparent in my videos and guides what my builds can and cannot do. I even have a literal death montage in one of my videos. The only map mod I avoid is Phys Reflect, which is self explanatory. Flesh and Stone Blind applies to Enemies Nearby, you have it reversed. We are almost always in the enemies face, which means it provides a huge defense layers of them having a 50% chance to miss their attack. Regardless, once you get your Ascendancies down we regenerate all the damage we take perfectly fine. I'm sorry the build didn't work for you, hopefully you can make a few adjustments and it will function fine.

While this post may come accross very negative, I don't want it to take away from all you gamers commenting. I appreciate them all, and have loved hearing from everyone. For the few people that jumped into my Twitch, was cool to hear how you have gone levelling and getting into the game. Hopefully you are enjoying Path of Exile :D
Plus big shout out to @Pyrok. Always out here in the forums chilling even though he doesn't really need to be because he is indeed quite the gamer. Glad you have had fun with the build. There are plenty of other, dw im always lurking :D
Just to clarify my post:

1- I'm not trying to talk down your guide rather talk down my current delivery of the character I feel I designed. I went through your guide to find out what you were doing to deal with Elemental damage where I found you weren't doing more than me. I'm grateful for your guide as I discovered a lot of things about the game with it.

2- I want people to know what they are in for and I disagree the monikers Tanky and Reliable apply. I feel like the PoE community has some strange definition of "Tanky" and "Unkillable". In my view a Tanky characters should be able to handle 4 delirium orbs, 120%+ Qty t14 map, and I'm not sure yet I'll see it happening here.

3- I'm indeed way off-base about Blind however I'm unclear whether that works on spells and will give that another shot, however if an elemental hit can one-shot me when Molten Shell is down I end up with 1/2 chance of dying.

I feel many players call their builds tanky but end up leveling on breachstones (not talking about you).

4- I got a tanky build from Ultimate EDTrickster Unkillable guide. In particular that build isn't Unkillable at all and it is appropriately called tanky. I died a LOT with it yet am dying an order of magnitude more with my 2h juggernaut. I'm simply bewildered the Juggernaut isn't tankier than that as it's the first time I play one and I expected more.

5- DPS is excellent regardless of Axes/Maces, if people have trouble killing stuff they aren't trying hard enough (either following your guide or playing with PoB) as Earthshatter is ridiculous even without Seismic Cry. I stopped using Seismic Cry early on since I was dying to mistakes caused by the additional complexity.
"
xakor a écrit :
Just to clarify my post:

1- I'm not trying to talk down your guide rather talk down my current delivery of the character I feel I designed. I went through your guide to find out what you were doing to deal with Elemental damage where I found you weren't doing more than me. I'm grateful for your guide as I discovered a lot of things about the game with it.

2- I want people to know what they are in for and I disagree the monikers Tanky and Reliable apply. I feel like the PoE community has some strange definition of "Tanky" and "Unkillable". In my view a Tanky characters should be able to handle 4 delirium orbs, 120%+ Qty t14 map, and I'm not sure yet I'll see it happening here.

3- I'm indeed way off-base about Blind however I'm unclear whether that works on spells and will give that another shot, however if an elemental hit can one-shot me when Molten Shell is down I end up with 1/2 chance of dying.

I feel many players call their builds tanky but end up leveling on breachstones (not talking about you).

4- I got a tanky build from Ultimate EDTrickster Unkillable guide. In particular that build isn't Unkillable at all and it is appropriately called tanky. I died a LOT with it yet am dying an order of magnitude more with my 2h juggernaut. I'm simply bewildered the Juggernaut isn't tankier than that as it's the first time I play one and I expected more.

5- DPS is excellent regardless of Axes/Maces, if people have trouble killing stuff they aren't trying hard enough (either following your guide or playing with PoB) as Earthshatter is ridiculous even without Seismic Cry. I stopped using Seismic Cry early on since I was dying to mistakes caused by the additional complexity.

No one said that this build is unkillable, but this build is tanky. I haven't yet seen a single mechanic that was able to one-shot me in maps.

Blind does not work against spells, but once again, no spell should be one shotting you. As I said in my previous post, you skipped some of the defensive jewel slots on the tree in favor of damage, you have literally half of the life on your gear that I have, you're not using Enduring Cry - which is huge, and you're wearing Abyssus while bitching about being fragile... These things don't make sense.

Coming here to ask questions about why you're struggling with certain aspects, or what you could do differently - no one is going to have any problem with that. Making a big write-up that starts off with the equivalent of "I want to warn people about using this build" - you're gonna ruffle some feathers when you changed a bunch of shit on your tree, used different gems than what the rest of us are using, and using an item that specifically makes you take a shit ton more damage and there have been warnings about using on every other page of this thread.

"
AziiRe a écrit :
Plus big shout out to @Pyrok. Always out here in the forums chilling even though he doesn't really need to be because he is indeed quite the gamer. Glad you have had fun with the build. There are plenty of other, dw im always lurking :D

Thanks for the build idea bro, I've had a blast with it.
Dernière édition par Pyrok, le 9 juil. 2020 14:56:00
First off thanks for making this guide as it made me decide to leaguestart with this skill and at first I went with your build 1 for 1 but i decided to put my own twist on it and decided to go big tank boi without impale just trying to scale my hits to be big. It's a great guide honestly and everyone saying it's weak are probably fucking something up this build absolutely smashed everything as long as you have decent pdps weapon you can slam so much shit into the ground.

I'm almost "done" with this char just trying to get some last super items before moving on but I wanted to say thanks for making the guide and inspiring my to date best character <3

and this build can definitely do all content in the game even hall of grandmasters (without gg gear)
You haven't seen me complain about anything I simply stated that tanky is a miscaracterisation for this build.

Also I didn't say I had any problem with Physical damage which is what Abyssus could've been a problem with however I have zero problem with physical which Juggernaut is perfectly well equipped to deal with. Abyssus is irrelevant to elemental damage modulo max life. I also acknowledged and stated I was working on my life problem.
How do you deal with the mana cost? I often find myself too low on mana to consistently shatter and warcry.
"
AziiRe a écrit :

Some of you got to understand that the build was theorycrafted before Earthshatter was even out, and before we knew how it functioned. On top of this I value Memes > God Tier Builds pretty highly. AoE is more viable for Maces and that was the decider for me.

I enjoyed your guide. The mechanics are new, and thus hard to evaluate, but updates should be made once new information becomes available. E.g. I've changed my build alot over the course of the league so far - from Bleed EQ to Mace ES and now to Axe ES.

My 2 cents:
I bought my current axe for 15C yesterday, slapped a 30% quality corrupt on it and never looked back since than. It's a good chunk more damage than my 600 DPS mace which should be worth ~1 EX. A good DPS axe is way cheaper than a comparable Mace and Fleshripper with its extremely high crit is excellent for our build.

Axes also allow us to grab a bunch of juicy nodes - and I cannot stress enough how good Medium Range Thread of Hope is. At ~1-1.2 EX, it's a steal for what it does in our tree. Just look at all the nodes it can grab - it's beautiful: https://pastebin.com/abucUFb6

Suggesting maces is misleading and people who complain about how slow Marohi Erqui feels are numerous. While maces do work, they're left in the dust by axes.

That said, one thing that absolutely MUST be discussed is +Exerted damage. PoB doesn't model it, so I had to do some spreadsheet calculations . The 15% exert damage node you left out? That's another +7% DPS, for a single node. Compare that with other DPS nodes realize how good that is - I didn't know until I ran the numbers. The way Exert scales is nuts and well worth the value. I'm considering to buy or craft a medium cluster jewel with Exert damage and Mob Mentality/Provocateur. Even with diminishing returns for each Exert node, it should be worth the per point investment.

Another thing worth mentioning is that Hunter-influenced rings can also get Exert damage - up to 35% (or 42% with attack quality). That's a nifty 15% DPS increase from one ability - per ring. Are those expensive? Yes - but you can use lower ranked ones as budget options even <30% exert is a heavy DPS increase.

So where does this put us if we invest heavily into exert?

After doing some theorycrafting, it turns out you could do 600-840% damage (depending on the Seismic Stage, in combination with Intimidating Cry) with a good Exert cluster jewel and 768-1008% with double maxed rings in addition to that. That's dozens of millions in burst DPS. Does even something in the game exist that doesn't get one-shot/instaphased by that kind of fire power?

"
vestakyrie a écrit :
How do you deal with the mana cost? I often find myself too low on mana to consistently shatter and warcry.

Level 4 Enlighten solved my mana problems for the most part.

Thanks for the build. Most mobs and bosses die rather fast, although I still die sometimes to mobs and some mechanics. Sirus A8 takes about 4 minutes to kill and feels clunky but I guess I'm doing my rotations wrong cause guardians exept drox die within seconds. My gear can be considered somewhere in the middle tier (by this league standarts) but still feels fine. Don't know why people cry so much. https://pastebin.com/sdFucvmE
So whats the best option, now that we've had some time? Full phys with brutality maces, or swap to axes?

Also, swap cries as well?
Dernière édition par Gardneramw, le 9 juil. 2020 23:07:48

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires