3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! TRIGGER HAPPY: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

"
Jayaa a écrit :
Spoiler
"
Wrecker_of_Days a écrit :
"
Jayaa a écrit :
Hey Team Trigger Happy,

I'm wondering if you can take a peek at my character, VertigoHarvestLeague and let me know what gear I should be changing ASAP. Now that I'm pushing into T13+ I find I'm pretty RIP-y which is never a fun feeling. I don't feel like I'm putting out a decent amount of damage with some bosses either. Hope you can help me complete the Atlas for the first time ever. :S

Shoot! I'd love to help you out Jayaa. GGG by default makes all character tabs private. So we can't see your character(s). If you're up for it, login to the GGG website and make your character tab public. Then we can see your stuff and comment. Sorry it took a day and a bit to reply and then you didn't get an answer.

Hmm, my profile should be public as nothing is "hidden" in account settings, but I can't see my character when I log through a different browser. I'm sorry about that. I've tried fiddling with it and nothing seems to work right now.

All the same, this is my game I'm using right now:

I have been playing with those Haemophilia gloves and I like the clear speed, but I also use:

I find the clear speed on the Haemophilia nice, even though we're not built for bleed, but corpse explosions in tight hallways with all our on-triggers feel nice.

I generally don't have troubles with map clear speed, but some bosses either take forever, or I can't face tank long enough and I'm kiting which kind of goes against the theory of the build. I've followed your passives to a "T", but I took out the cluster jewel and the two strength nodes before it. In a few more levels I intend to invest there when I have a decent cluster jewel, and for now those extra points are sitting in some axe-specific nodes.

I'm about T13-16 and those levels are extremely hit or miss with bosses. Anything below is fairly easy. I guess I'm confused with where I need to go; more armor / health? More damage? I seem to be in that awkward area.

Hoping for any help!

That's odd Jayaa. I'd contact support. Thanks for taking the time to work around it and posting your gear. I'm sorry you had to wait so long for a response.

Upgrade your weapon first. It's a nice yellow map weapon. Look for both a high flat physical damage roll and an increase of 170%+ increased physical damage. You'll notice the improvement right away.

Your accessories are all offence. That's ok if your survivability is up to your standards. But after you've improved your weapon, play around with offence or defence within your accessories. You want 75+ life rolls on them for sure. Same goes with your boots. Life rolls on everything.

After you have nice high life on all your gear, then you can look at min/maxing with Steel Rings, Rustic Sashes (though your belt is sexy...I'd probably keep it), Spiked Gloves, and Influenced Items. Or start looking for those items now, but don't ignore life rolls.

I hope that helps. Do the weapon first (of course that may take time). Then play with the rest.

Thanks again for your patience. Sorry it took so long.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Deckweiss a écrit :
Spoiler
Here is a video of me running a T15 map (corrupted and rare) with my version of this build.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo0P0rsrQgU

I tried using Arena Challanger instead of Outmatch and Outlast, but I really dislike switching stands all the time, so I will probably switch back soon.
Spoiler

"
Deckweiss a écrit :
This is my version of the build.
Changes to the original:

- Dropped Vaal Pact as it killed me during Labyrinth trials, the Labyrinth itself and on maps with ground effects while looting A LOT.
- Dropped Resolute Technique and equipped Lycosidae Tower Shield (But you can also get the "Hits can't be evaded" craft for a weapon.)
- Dropped the whole right hand side of the tree for more point efficient dps nodes
- Included Impale and Bleed
- Utilizing automatic curses (you don't need the "Can apply an additional curse" corrupt as CwDT and Tempest shield will usually curse different enemies and the Punishment curse is only used to give yourself its buff)
- Utilizing Hungry Loop for more gem slots, leveling the support gems to 20 takes about as much as getting your character to lvl 85 so personally I love using that setup (Level the wanted support gems in swapped out weapon to lvl 19 with full exp, put them in Hungry Loop, then level up to 20. Or buy them at lvl19 for under 10c each)
- Reserving more mana, as leech will make it able for us to attack continuously anyway
- Commandment of Light enchant on gauntlets counts as another counter attack

I used my current cheap gear as a calculation point, even though it is not yet completely set up for the skill gems I have (Hungry Loop not ready yet, no 6link body armour)
But all the gear I use in the build was pretty cheap - most pieces were only 1 alc, some a couple of chaos. I bought it right after finishing the storyline and I had very crummy drops this league, so most people should be able to afford something like this for sure. Especially a good one handed Rare sword is going to increase DPS dramatically. I didn't properly set up flasks yet either.

PoB:
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/vjxwXMpz

It includes the original tree as well as my version for easy comparison.
I feel like the calcs are not completely correct in PoB (Because we don't utilize part of the Punishment curse and Bleed dps seems off for the low chance we have) but the combined DPS should realistically be somewhere in the neighbourhood of 130K dps.

I find the build generally fun to play but I feel like adding some way of permanent phasing would benefit the build a lot, as I often find myself stuck on mobs (during dash cd) and unable to get into the center where pack clear is best.

Cheers
Nice job Deckweiss! I love seeing how other players go about these guides. Thanks! It looks great!

I sometimes find I don't like switching stances too. There's nothing wrong with playing in Bloodstance the whole time. Clear would be a little slower but it's a lot less meddling too.

Thanks again!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Dernière édition par Wrecker_of_Days, le 10 juil. 2020 14:36:28
"
Tutori a écrit :
Loving the build so far. It's perfect, now I can finally play HCSSF on my 10 FPS laptop (it alternates between 5FPS and 30FPS every .5-1 seconds) that I have while travelling. If I get swarmed (like always happens in those 5FPS times) than the monsters die instead of me.

Any tips for running legions? Maybe this is more hardware limitations on my part than it is of the build, but I can never seem to unlock more than one group of guys.

Anyway, loving the build, I'm super glad this league isn't a clearspeed one so I can enjoy it on my laptop.
Thanks Tutori! I'm glad you're liking the build! 10FPS hey? Sounds like you're pretty limited in what you can play. This would work for sure! Maybe an aggressive zombie build or something as well so they can kill while your computer catches up. Thanks for your kindness.

Regarding legions, this build kinda sucks. It doesn't suck in the battles, it thrives in the battles! But to unlock the battles...we need to get hit to get our damage bonuses up. So since those "statues" don't hit...we're kinda at a stale mate. Sorry. I've been thinking of how to change this since Legion but the tree spreads us really thin trying to get max block %s. So I just run to the big enemies with rewards and wack them and hope I unlock them. You could also lure a big group of enemies into the statues and see if that helps.

Annnnnd

"
Good build but has major dps issues for endgame content. Not recommended vs bosses that can hit over 50% hp as most damage from block triggers are not used. Also bad vs most 'laser' bosses (ie literally most bosses these days) as this is another place where pure dps is much better than block.

All in all this carried me through to late game mapping but will need to respec for better dps.
Thanks for the honest reply NaifanChen! I'm glad you enjoy the build. I'm sorry it fell flat for you.

Regarding DOT skills, anytime someone chooses a Block build, they'll know, or learn quickly that they can't block DOT skills. So blocking builds have their pros and cons for sure. Any DOT skills used by bosses can't be blocked since those skills don't Hit so as we gain experience with bosses, it's just something to avoid if you're doing any block build. POE's endgame content requires lots of familiarities. And even if you've been there lots, different builds play different ways around them. It's tricky to watch out for different things as you switch builds up over time.

I'm glad the build carried you as far as it did. Unless you want to respec no matter what, you could try a couple of upgrades first and see if that helps your DPS expectations. (But, by all means, do what you like.)

- You have an awesome flat damage roll on your weapon but an ok % roll. A higher % roll would have a huge impact on your damage output. The weapon's implicit doesn't help much of course so that's a min/max thing at some point.
- Your accessories are all defence focused (nothing wrong with that unless you want more damage). I like your belt for sure so it'd be a hard choice between that and a nicely rolled Rustic Sash. But your rings and amulets can have more offence fore sure (even and defensively rolled Steel Rings would help).
- I know they can be crazy to find/craft, but a 6 link would be a substantial difference maker (which of course you know).

Anyway, the build and gear look awesome! You've done a great job! I just included the suggestions in case you weren't looking forward to a respec.

Thanks again for your honesty. Hopefully, it improves for you!

Annnnnd

I can't do incursion with this build with just the first ascendancy so far.
I caught that wiff of ice crash on the opening page and thought I could maybe just replace bladestorm. Turns out that since I'm only ever dealing physical damage, that's dramatically bad to do. NOW. I was still murdering everything that I blocked (or didn't block) but was confused till I figured it out that ice crash was doing 0. Ha. I presume it'd take a whole lot of movement on the tree to get to a point where it'd work properly.

Wrecker- thanks for the amazing guide. Can I make one suggestion? I don't think the video guide for this, doing death and taxes, really captures the feel of wading into a map and seeing everything around you break itself upon you. Is the best.

Again though, thanks for all the time you put into these.
Hi, thank you for the build. As usual, easy to follow
Just a little question :
Why dont you take iron reflex? It's really close by, make us get hit more often (so we can parry and proc vengeance) and open all the evasion and hybrid gear for an even easyer gearing
Since evasion is applied before block...

Also, i'm a big fan of tempest shield but i find the ability to dash on a group of ranged mob to proc all our retaliation directly on them is a bit more useful so i think i'll go dash/second wind/warcry on the last 3 socket
Dernière édition par Krël, le 11 juil. 2020 02:47:34
Why do we not use The Surrender for lvl30 Reckoning and also no movement skill?
"
XanTheInsane a écrit :

I try a retalation build almost every league and from my experience so far i find that there is a tedious part in leveling before you get the 2nd ascendancy (that allow you to block spell) especially since it last quite long and at the same time that the difficulty ramp up, act 6.
This time i picked challenger charge first to ease it and it seems to work well.

Your weapon is..not that great. You have a lot of added ele damage so you should probably take off brutality from your retalialtion skills until you get a better gear. Or replace it with elemental damage with attack if you want to continue scaling flat elemental damage
"
XanTheInsane a écrit :
Hey XanTheInsane! Definitely look at improving your weapon. All melee characters need to be constantly prowling for an upgrade. Even for level 55, the weapon that is currently equipped should be replaced as soon as possible. Obviously a weapon needs to drop for that to happen...But I'm sure you'll find a huge improvement upon your next proper upgrade.

Annnnnd

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires