[3.11] Shattering Steel Gladiator - tanky & solid mapper - crazy boss dps - all content

Hello Exile,

Welcome to my Shattering Steel Gladiator Guide.

For those who don't know, i already have a SST Bleed Gladiator Guide here in the Forum.

I really love those kind of Projectile Attack Skills and played Shattering Steel for multiple seasons now.

I created this guide in 3.10 as a Champion with cluster jewel and impale stacking. This got a big nerf and i decided to rework the guide to a Gladiator.

The class for the guide was always flexible. I tried Shattering Steel as Deadeye / Slayer / Champion / Gladiator.

The character can easily clear all content.

Did 20/20 Simulacrum in Delirium.

Awakener is also not hard.

Also finished some older content like Shaper / Elder / Über Elder / Atziri without problems.

Pros & Cons:

+ good & save mapping
+ crazy boss dps
+ can do all content
+ tanky through multiple layers of defense, 79/79 block
+ enjoyable shotgun playstyle
+ already strong on a budget
- can be expensive to min/max
- not the mapping speed like a herald/storm brand build

Changelog:
Spoiler

-> 26.07.20 - update for 3.11 / class change to Gladiator
-> 18.04.20 - initial thread

Gem Links:
Spoiler

Main Link:
4 Link
Shattering Steel - Impale - Vicious Projectiles Support - Brutality Support - Support

5 / 6 Link
Increased Critical Strikes / Increased Critical Damage / Maim Support : Best DPS Options

Pierce / Fork / Greater Multiple Projectiles : Clear Options

Aura Setup:
Pride: 50%
Pride is a good way to go for a pure physical build.

Flesh and Stone: 25%
Gives us blind so we are at least 50% evasive. You can go for Iron Reflexes and profit from the armour buff.

Precision:
I use it to boost my Accuracy / Crit. Just adjust the level to your mana needs.

Link those 3 to Enlighten Support

Dread Banner:
Boosts our Impale effect and gives some defence.

Utility:
Blood Rage:
Leech, Frenzy Generation, Attack Speed.

Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic - Enduring Cry
Movement setup. I use my movement more positional and don't want to have the need to charge in a group just to proc Fortify.

Enduring Cry with Call to Arms is pretty strong for every build. Just use it on left mouse button and profit.

Steelskin - Cast when damage taken
Lazy defensive boost

Flexible Setups:

Ancestral Protector - Culling Strike Support:
Gives a boost on bosses.

Phase Run:
Phasing is Quality of Life. You can trigger Beltimbers while standing still.

Items:
Spoiler

Weapon:
Beltimber Blade is crazy for this build.

2 Additional Projectiles and reasonable Physical Damage for almost no investment cost. Also Accuracy and some extra defense while moving is nice.

Alternative:
Paradoxica + The Saviour Rare Foils. Greater Multiple Projectiles is needed as one of your links.

Chest:
Crafted Astral Plate
- Crusader Mod with explode
- reduced Mana Cost to Skills
- Attacks have +% Critical Strike
- Consecrated Ground while stationary
- Power Charge on Crit

Pick some combination you like.

As a Prefix craft i use +7% Block

Alternative:
Lioneye's Vision.
Always a good chest for Projectile Based Attacks. Pierce is a nice multiplier and you get a ton of armour.

Yriel's Fostering (Rhoa).
This chest is a bit underused in my opinion. Good amount of life, crit & attack/movement speed, intimidate as multiplier.

Amulet:

Rare with Physical damage, life, Resist, Crit Chance, Crit Multiplier.
Use a base with Intelligence.

Annoint:
Command of Steel. Hard to beat 79% increased Damage.

Ring:
Just 2 rares with alot of Resist and Life.
You can also aim for mana leech, physical to attacks.

As a base i would use Steel rings vs Coral/Vermillion. Either you want more damage or a bit more tankiness.

I use one mastercrafted Prefix for -9 Mana cost

With Warlord influence you can try to fit vulnerability on hit here, otherwise check for glove corruptions.

Belt:
Stygian Hunter Belt with Life, %Life and Resist

Eye Jewel with Life + Onslaught on Kill

Alternative:
A Hunter Leather Belt should be really cheap and give even more life. But you missing out a jewel.

Gloves:
Rare Gripped Gloves with Life, Attack Speed, Resist

Crusader can give you crit.

Alternative:
Hand of the High Templar with good corruptions
Haemophilia, Explosions help with clear

Glove Corruptions. Vulnerability on Hit, Attacks X to Critical Strike Chance

Boots:
Rare Boots with Life, Resist, Movement speed.
With Harvest it's super easy to get Tailwind on a pair of hunter boots.

You can also get things like Pierce on boots. But multiple mods can get expensive need some more crafting

Helm:
Rare Helmet with Life, Resist.
I would use the Fortify helmet enchant as it gives you solid uptime. Otherwise you can use +1 Projectile and use Fortify on Leap Slam.

With an Elder Base you can get -physical resist modifier. You need ilvl 85. With only 1 Suffix open and Augment Phys you are guaranteed to get it.

Jewels:
We just use 3 normal Jewel Slots.

Watcher's Eye: 2 Additional Impales is awesome. If you have the money go for it.
But there are also some really cheap Pride / Precision mods that give good damage boosts.

Rare Jewels:
Look out for
- Maximum Life / Physical Damage / Crit Multiplier / Crit Chance

Thread of Hope: Medium range.
In the pastebin there is a alternative for this Jewel. You can grab some really nice nodes.

Flasks:

Bubbling/Seething Divine Life Flask of Staunching
Instant heal flask as in most of life builds with bleed removal.

Alchemist's Quicksilver Flask of Heat
Going fast. Freeze Removal

Diamond Flask of Warding
Flask is mandatory for any crit build.

Experimenter's Granite Flask of Iron Skin
The Iron Skin suffix boosts our armour by a ton. Great flask for Molten shell

Dying Sun
2 Additional Projectiles is great for this build. Helps a lot on mapping.

Bottled Faith
Best dps flask if you can afford it.

Prefix are changeable.

Ascendancy / Bandits:
Spoiler

Arena Challenger -> Painforged -> Versatile Combatant -> Violent Retaliation

Help Alira

Pantheon:
Spoiler

Major:
I often take Lunaris on my characters for some extra movement / defense in most situations.

Arakaali is strong on this character, as Damage Over Time is a weak point and i run no Grounding Flask

Switch to Solaris if your doing crit map / delve

Brine King is not useful as Stuns are no issue.

Minor:
You could swap this regarding the encounter you do.

I'm lazy and just run Shakari for Poison and Chaos reduction.

Leveling:
Spoiler

Currently the best leveling for any melee character is just move outwards to a cluster jewel. Put One With Nothing in and take Hollow Palm Technique. Now just Brain afk with something like Smite until Maps.

Otherwise there are some really good Bladestorm leveling guides on youtube e.g. tyty.

Insights:
Spoiler

Shotgun effect:
Shattering Steel is one of the few skills who can shotgun the enemy. That means if you are standing directly in front of the enemy and fire e.g. 5 projectiles all can hit the same enemy. so you dealing 5 times damage. The new Path of Building fork has an option "All Projectiles Hit". But keep in mind projectile stacking is not infinite. The more you get the harder it is to hit even bosses with all of them. I would aim for 7-10 projectiles.

My gear:
I linked most of my gear in the item section. Also my profile is public and you can just click on my account. Character: paLeChallenger

FAQ:
Spoiler

I will try to answer questions from the thread in here.

Tree and Videos:

Please let me know if you think something important is missing. I'm also available for feedback and questions via Forum / Ingame.

I will try to update the build for new patches or changes

I hope you enjoy playing this build.

Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
Dernière édition par paLe1337, le 4 août 2020 05:15:42
Dernier bump le 20 sept. 2020 09:19:03
Hi thanks for the build. Looks promising. Gonna try this one as i havent play physycal for a while.
What order do I take nodes on the passive tree as I level?
I hope you like it.

"
awawawawa a écrit :
Hi thanks for the build. Looks promising. Gonna try this one as i havent play physycal for a while.

I would not level with shattering, i would swap to it at level 66 when Beltimbers are unlocked. As mentioned in leveling section i would move outwards for One with nothing.

I quickly created https://pastebin.com/JBQv87m1 if you like to try One punching everything. Just use Smite some supports and Dexterity on all your gear (Astramentis, Attribute rings ...)

Just respecc the useless Dexterity nodes later.

Not sure if that's for you, otherwise i would recommend searching on youtube for "PoE 3.10 - Melee Leveling Guide" and respecc later.

"
ATwistedPretzel a écrit :
What order do I take nodes on the passive tree as I level?
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Hi can u look at my build because my damage was ok but i really expected much more.

Currently dualwielding paradoxica and sacrifice clearspeed for more damage on bosses which i still feel lacking.

except gem quality + awakened gem

https://pastebin.com/G4X55K7J

thanks again for the build !!!
Hi,

Quality on all gems and levels will add a lot. I just checked in POB.

Also this should not cost much. A Shattering Steel 21/23 e.g. costs 10 chaos ;)

Not only Quality on your Main gems will add also on things like Dread Banner / Blood Rage.

One Paradoxica is sadly only 150 dps and i guess you are better off with Beltimbers. As GMP is a big less multiplier.

Also for Yriels i would go with Rhoa. This adds up to 15% Attack speed and Intimidate . Which is 10% more Damage for us since we have no other source for this buff.

I think you can also level your Precision a bit more. You have 2x - Mana cost and > 150 unreserved mana.

Maybe also go for a Damage annoint. You already have pierce on Boots. and for me 1 source was enough. Maybe use the helm craft for this if you want a bit more.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me if anything pops up.

"
awawawawa a écrit :
Hi can u look at my build because my damage was ok but i really expected much more.

Currently dualwielding paradoxica and sacrifice clearspeed for more damage on bosses which i still feel lacking.

except gem quality + awakened gem

https://pastebin.com/G4X55K7J

thanks again for the build !!!
Guides:
Hi thanks for the reply !!!

I didnt realise there were different beastial minion for yriel so thaks for the rhoa suggestion.
I have crusader astral plate ready to craft but i cant get the color right because i need 3G 2R 1B for increased critical damage gem (used 3 vorici benches and still failed).

How about the double damage on paradoxica? shouldnt it be better although it has lower pdps than beltimber?

Anyway thanks for the tips looking forward to levelling up more to grab those dps nodes!!!

I am playing your SST build and really enjoying it. I'm curious if you think this is still viable in 3.11?
"
Grotok a écrit :
I am playing your SST build and really enjoying it. I'm curious if you think this is still viable in 3.11?

Nice timing :) Just leveled Shattering Steel yesterday as my first trade League character as i started SSF this season.

The build in this form should be dead. As it was mostly about cluster and impale stacking, which is nerfed / gone.

I'm working on a Gladiator version with max. Block. Maybe i will change this guide.

Shattering Steel is still viable in 3.11. It was a niche skill as SST and i think it will always be.

But as the 2handed rework, even after playing it for a long time, is really not that great i think builds like this are still exciting.
Guides:
Cool, thanks for replying! I'll keep an eye out on your profile to see how it's progressing. I might give it a try when my current build winds down.

Thanks for your work on the guides!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires