[3.9] Champion impale shrapnel ballista [WiP]

"
Relarious a écrit :
Can you generate a link for the passive tree to export for poeplanner pls?

I actually don't know how to do that :3

Edit: got it! https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.9.0/AAAABAQDABR19q6h2QHn_EtTu_cytfJfOZstOuE9_IZgGlWCB4rwXz_FU-9OvJ826FBHI_aFjxKOvqdHfnTxxIKE2c9-a9R4aUh4bzvqYoqviXHjsKZXTeMl3yFg8kV671b6XhMUTcAahJSNfRv645-006TCNZJ71ErEbqo6UkrIvTYY2_PdOxQCIE2SFCAeauxx9kjZYHasDjwUcQHcWK8ppVhjBS0yfv4K7FxhUqQZh3Z7wwU8aGX5ve5v2L2QEe8OdcvBBHlo_o8j6mSE029Enn8rO7plTUCgfNlnoOoY0CwwfJ-JsKt4Dfjr3DJ07XfXMZ4YkQaggy7ZfDQ--IKMz0a3qs1340p9qW4=
Dernière édition par Tycarus, le 13 déc. 2019 14:33:57
"
Tycarus a écrit :
https://pastebin.com/sTA8ngAB

You will notice the rain of splinters with an insane amount of physical damage added, that is to mimic the 70 impale buffs, so it's less than 4m, you can only reach that if you have the watcher's eye jewel with +2 to max impale hits.

With this POB it will deal about 300k per totem, plus RoA plus bleed plus the 22% impale you get from the average hit x7 impale hits is like 2m DPS.

Not saying my calculations aren't wrong though :P

Thank you btw why is siege ballista lvl 7 ?

Dernière édition par davc1234567890, le 13 déc. 2019 14:35:49
"
davc1234567890 a écrit :
"
Tycarus a écrit :
https://pastebin.com/sTA8ngAB

You will notice the rain of splinters with an insane amount of physical damage added, that is to mimic the 70 impale buffs, so it's less than 4m, you can only reach that if you have the watcher's eye jewel with +2 to max impale hits.

With this POB it will deal about 300k per totem, plus RoA plus bleed plus the 22% impale you get from the average hit x7 impale hits is like 2m DPS.

Not saying my calculations aren't wrong though :P

Thank you btw why is siege ballista lvl 7 ?

this Adds 945 to to 1890 Phyiscal damage to attack is for count impale ?

The totem is level 7 because the new gems arent put in PoB, the new siege ballista at level 21 will have about 150% of base damage, which is what a level 7 old siege ballista had (it's nerfed a bit to account for the +2 totems you get for free now)

And yes, that is to calculate impale. If that calculation is wrong we lose alot of damage, but as far as I have read impale you should be able to reach that amount.
I just realized my calculations were off, by alot. You can never have more than 10 impales on a target at any time. So the DPS is considerably lower than what I initially thought.

Sorry everyone XD
"
Tycarus a écrit :
I just realized my calculations were off, by alot. You can never have more than 10 impales on a target at any time. So the DPS is considerably lower than what I initially thought.

Sorry everyone XD

Are you saying the endgame damage isn't good, or just apologizing for having wrong figures?
I still have no idea if any impale champ ballista builds will end up worthwhile, but I'm giving it a shot. I found a tabula today so right now I'm leveling with ballista support linked to rain of arrows and whatever good support gems I have access to at the moment. Seems to be going well so far, but then again pretty much every build does well with a tabula early on.
Currently level 49 SSF HC. The beginning was rough since the metamorphs killed me 2 times and I died to the titty monsters (piety zone). After I got used to the playstyle it went a lot better. Even found a tabula which isn't needed but makes it even easier. I went with Master of Metal for my first ascendency points and plan to get the fortify stuff together right before kitava act 10.

Kitava in act 5 was a joke though. Insta phased him every time and the heart survived only 2-3 seconds. Metamorphs are a not that bad. I just search for an area where I can get cover and let my ballistas do the dangerous stuff. Hopefully I don't die and reach at least maps. It's a fun build though.

Currently I use Galvanic Arrow as my attack skill but might change it later when I find better items with enough links.

Shrapnel Links are: Ballista-Impale-Chance to Bleed-Maim-Vicoius Projectiles-Faster Attacks. Can't fit in Brutality at the moment since my bow does some elemental damage and using brutality would be less dps :/
"
Shiroco a écrit :
Currently level 49 SSF HC. The beginning was rough since the metamorphs killed me 2 times and I died to the titty monsters (piety zone). After I got used to the playstyle it went a lot better. Even found a tabula which isn't needed but makes it even easier. I went with Master of Metal for my first ascendency points and plan to get the fortify stuff together right before kitava act 10.

Kitava in act 5 was a joke though. Insta phased him every time and the heart survived only 2-3 seconds. Metamorphs are a not that bad. I just search for an area where I can get cover and let my ballistas do the dangerous stuff. Hopefully I don't die and reach at least maps. It's a fun build though.

Currently I use Galvanic Arrow as my attack skill but might change it later when I find better items with enough links.

Shrapnel Links are: Ballista-Impale-Chance to Bleed-Maim-Vicoius Projectiles-Faster Attacks. Can't fit in Brutality at the moment since my bow does some elemental damage and using brutality would be less dps :/

Interesting, thanks for the info.
First of all, thanks to the original author for getting this conversation started. I was considering a similar build and this community discussion proved fruitful.

Here is my version: Kurogami's Blinding Arrow Champ - https://pastebin.com/gK3XxFu3

Offensive Layers: Frenzy + Ballista Totem + Crit + Impale
Defensive Layers: Evasion + Armor + Blind + HP
Debuffs: Blood & Sand + Ensaring Arrow + Maim + Taunt
Buffs: Pride + Dread Banner + (5) Frenzy Charges + Vaal Haste

Pros:
1) High mobility/speed
2) High Crit Rate/Dmg
3) Blind works well with armor/evasion build + it adds crit rate/dmg

Cons:
1) I am worried I don't have enough life/mana steal
2) Maybe Shrapnel Ballista would be more dmg (also better clearing), although 9 piercing arrows from multiple totems should do the trick.
3) My life might be too low for higher red maps, even with insane taunt + blind

Questions I have:
1) Is the damage reported in POB for Shrapnel Ballista per arrow after it explodes or total? Clearly that would be more dmg (maybe) and possibly a better clear speed.
2) Are there better unquies for my build? Im focused on blinding, critting and taunting with my totems.

Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts. Thanks for reading.
"
Techgamer a écrit :
"
Tycarus a écrit :

Sorry everyone XD

Are you saying the endgame damage isn't good, or just apologizing for having wrong figures?

I'm saying that my initial thought of obtaining 2-4m DPS is actually 500-800k dps. So yeah.

I am rolling another character and save this idea for PoE 2, I love the tankyness of a champion but if I have to sacrifice too much damage then I'd rather play something else.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires