[3.9] Champion impale shrapnel ballista [WiP]

Do we really need 100% impale? If 1 impale lasts for 7 hits dont we really only need 1/7th chance? And we get 40% from ascendancy and the tree. Or is the impale support a bigger dps increase than other supports?

Edit: I just read you can have multiple impales on the same target. Then it makes sense to want 100%. First time I'll play impale so new to the mechanic.

Could this work with siege ballista as well? Much rather play a bit more with range since ballistas will most likely be pretty weak with survivability
Dernière édition par Tycarus, le 12 déc. 2019 08:37:58
"
moumout a écrit :
i like the idea.
if we go for frenzy + greater multiple proj + curse on hit + vulnerability
do the frenzy charges will up the ballistas dmg ?

Yes frenzy charges will work. Probably smart. That and ensnaring arrow look nice as support.
if we can have a secondary 6L, frenzy + GMP + CoH + Vulnerability + Maim + culling strike would be fine i guess :)
"
Tycarus a écrit :

Could this work with siege ballista as well? Much rather play a bit more with range since ballistas will most likely be pretty weak with survivability

If it attacks a lot slower impale will not scale too well with it I guess?
"
Relarious a écrit :
"
Tycarus a écrit :

If it attacks a lot slower impale will not scale too well with it I guess?

If I am looking correctly all ballista's have the same AS (50% of base), so that shouldn't be a problem?
I'm so split, was just thinkg about a Shrapnel Ballista Champion today. It's either Mana based Heirophant Cold/lightning conversion Ballista or this.

Since Shrapnel Ballista shotguns and Champion has so many debuffs, this could be a real boss killer.

But Heirophant is so non gear dependant, easy 8-10k EHP, infinite mana, and 650k+ dps per totem x 7 totems.

Tough decision.

I'll check the Pastebin when I get home.
This build looks great, i think i will start with it. Wanting to try ballistas and champion is a tanky option.

With Iron Grip, maybe reaching Utmost might could be a nice offensive and defensive option. Only a suggestion, im not good at creating builds.

I hope you will develop your PoB build. Many thanks
Been thinking of a concept with Chin Sol, maybe with Empire's Grasp, therefore it's like a vacuum shotgun, (not 100% if reverse knockback works with the totems) but that leaves a lot of stats to make up with so many uniques.

Here's what I've been working with, probably not gonna be my starter, just because of the gear needed to get it rolling, but I really want to try it : https://pastebin.com/ec0EFGLH
Dernière édition par Wriggleybooch, le 12 déc. 2019 19:13:04
"
Arkanis_Gath a écrit :
This build looks great, i think i will start with it. Wanting to try ballistas and champion is a tanky option.

With Iron Grip, maybe reaching Utmost might could be a nice offensive and defensive option. Only a suggestion, im not good at creating builds.

I hope you will develop your PoB build. Many thanks

I looked at utmost might but it's only a 3% dps increase for 3 points and gives a measly 150 hp, you can get way more out of your points investing in other nodes.
Because your POE build is incomplete ; with the strengh provided by other items, it may be more valuable.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires