[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

"
Shawntastic69 a écrit :

Because this is a forum guide meant for noobs, made by noobs.

So i guess around 40% of the top SST Glads that dont go for BM and MC are noobs then.
"
hyrenfreak a écrit :
what makes it so good?

With Blood Magic and Mortal Conviction you're not having to have extra gems in your links to stop yourself using mana instead of life; namely your main SST links, Shield Charge, and possibly a CWDT set-up if you use one. This will free up gem space, makes building the character easier, and keeps your life spending from skills to a low amount (as Lifetap Support increases mana - therefore life - costs of skills by quite a lot more).

With Lifetap Support there is the potential for more overall life and damage, at the cost of making it harder to gem your gear. You regain the 4 points you spend at Blood Magic and Mortal Conviction which you can spend elsewhere which helps with more flexibility on the tree, especially if you need more points for +30 dex/int nodes to help with gearing. Lifetap Support also is a 20% "more" multi while you have the Lifetap buff (100% uptime) so it still holds its own in terms of damage as a support gem. It's also, arguably, easier to keep up Corrupting Fever with the higher life cost of skills.

There's more pro's and con's of each set-up, but that's the general gist of it I'd say.

Either way, both set-ups are totally viable.

"
kingzero753 a écrit :
"
Shawntastic69 a écrit :

Because this is a forum guide meant for noobs, made by noobs.

So i guess around 40% of the top SST Glads that dont go for BM and MC are noobs then.

I mean its fine, it solves problems that currency can fix later. When you have currency you drop those nodes unless you REALLY want them for some reason.
Its really Great build and fun to play..Tanky and nice dps even tho maybe lack a bit of dmg on end bosses..or maybe this league is just hard with all that nerfs.

I just switched from blood magic to life tap gems and its much better dmg and I can run Pride,Aspect of Spider and War Banner.
I think Blood Magic is good until you have gear for better items..And Lifetap gem also add dmg...even better dmg then Unbound Ailments so its not really a waste of a gem as some of you think.

I am just now at this point where I am not sure if I should switch weapon.
Im using Advancing Fortress entire time and this 15% block come in handy, Im at 71% block chance out of combat now and without it I think I would lack a lot of block..and block is great survival.

Just need some opionons on that one or does runic hatchet really increase a lot of dps if I get one with good roll? Im also not using tempest shield as I have no slot for it..Maybe I can drop War Banner for it if its usefull. Need some insight on that matter if anyone can help.

Also you can check my current build here https://pastebin.com/yA2h0058

What to switch next on my gear..I assume I would need helmet enchant 40% more dmg with SST. My clear speed is really insane so I think its better enchant then the other one which gives more shards.
IGN:Avlorena,Amoridan,Gernil im usualy on in any of these characters
Dernière édition par Vassili666, le 30 juil. 2021 06:05:29
"
Vassili666 a écrit :

What to switch next on my gear..I assume I would need helmet enchant 40% more dmg with SST. My clear speed is really insane so I think its better enchant then the other one which gives more shards.

Would definitely get a helmet enchant if you can.

I would also cap your bleed chance and you can do this quickly by just getting the Bleed Chance node next to Bloodletting, or as below getting Jack the Axe.

For a quick and easy weapon change you could pick up Jack the Axe for 3c~ or just get a warlord axe base ilvl 78+ and spam it with corroded fossils for Phys Damage over Time; ideally also with bleeding damage and an open suffix for the physical DoT craft. Remember that you get +8% block also when you take a hit from your ascendancy, so by dropping the Advancing Fortress you're only really losing around 9% block rather than 15% (71% base + 8% ascendancy - 15% from weapon = 64%).

Other than that, you could look at getting your Chaos Resistance up and overcapping Fire Resistance so you can safely ignoring Elemental Weakness curses. Such as on your ring you have Cold and Lightning Resistance - you could easily just switch that out for Fire and Chaos Resistance.

I'd look for a better belt also, as yours - while it does the job - isn't great.

You could drop the Ancestral Protector 4 link. You'd lose culling and some DoT damage from the Protector, but realistically other than an end-game boss like AW8 Sirus, it's probably only saving you a couple of seconds in each map at best. Then you could add in a better CWDT set up with Tempest Shield to boost block if you dropped your Advancing Fortress) and maybe add some supports for other gems - like Second Wind with Dash or Increased Duration for Enduring Cry. Your call on that one though, as there isn't really a right answer there, but I can't see any other ways to get another socket to get Tempest Shield in (except maybe an Unset Ring and moving an aura into it).
"
Zarasi a écrit :
"
Vassili666 a écrit :

Would definitely get a helmet enchant if you can.

I would also cap your bleed chance and you can do this quickly by just getting the Bleed Chance node next to Bloodletting, or as below getting Jack the Axe.

For a quick and easy weapon change you could pick up Jack the Axe for 3c~ or just get a warlord axe base ilvl 78+ and spam it with corroded fossils for Phys Damage over Time; ideally also with bleeding damage and an open suffix for the physical DoT craft. Remember that you get +8% block also when you take a hit from your ascendancy, so by dropping the Advancing Fortress you're only really losing around 9% block rather than 15% (71% base + 8% ascendancy - 15% from weapon = 64%).

Other than that, you could look at getting your Chaos Resistance up and overcapping Fire Resistance so you can safely ignoring Elemental Weakness curses. Such as on your ring you have Cold and Lightning Resistance - you could easily just switch that out for Fire and Chaos Resistance.

I'd look for a better belt also, as yours - while it does the job - isn't great.

You could drop the Ancestral Protector 4 link. You'd lose culling and some DoT damage from the Protector, but realistically other than an end-game boss like AW8 Sirus, it's probably only saving you a couple of seconds in each map at best. Then you could add in a better CWDT set up with Tempest Shield to boost block if you dropped your Advancing Fortress) and maybe add some supports for other gems - like Second Wind with Dash or Increased Duration for Enduring Cry. Your call on that one though, as there isn't really a right answer there, but I can't see any other ways to get another socket to get Tempest Shield in (except maybe an Unset Ring and moving an aura into it).

I didnt even realise my bleed is at 80% .. It was at 100% but I changed a lot of my gear and some skills in tree in 1 day so yea I need to fix this up..Thanks for noticing it for me..I guess I will get that node with 15% and I will be at 95%.
Also for block I do know that my ascendacy give me 8% But I feel that 64% is a bit low since this is the best defense in game imo. But I guess I can get some block on jewels also to raise it atleast a bit more up then I can craft a weapon..Or this Jack,The Axe but I dont know if this is end game item..If there is not much dmg difference between this and crafted runic hatchet then I could use it yea.

I did change my ring before I updated pob so it is allready changed to fire resi. but I am not sure how much elemental weakness reduce this so at how much % I need to be to be still capped.

Yea I never used this Tempest Shield..So this gem just boost my block by 3% right? And on Ancestral Protector I think Maim is really usefull..Culling strike was good for me before since I didnt had much dps as I have now for bosses..But maybe I can drop it now yea. Anyway all you said here was excatly what I was thinking..but I guess its just how someone likes it more..Nothing is really best here..I guess all options works well.

I am crafting Stygian belt atm as I want also one more jewel socket.

Thanks for looking up at this build and helping out :)
Dernière édition par Vassili666, le 30 juil. 2021 08:17:44
"
Vassili666 a écrit :
Also for block I do know that my ascendacy give me 8% But I feel that 64% is a bit low since this is the best defense in game imo. But I guess I can get some block on jewels also to raise it atleast a bit more up then I can craft a weapon..Or this Jack,The Axe but I dont know if this is end game item..If there is not much dmg difference between this and crafted runic hatchet then I could use it yea.

You could also look at the Sanctuary nodes (5 skill points) to add another 6%. Another choice is adding a block suffix on your shield (5%) in place of int and quality, but you'd lose a little bit of damage and you'd need to juggle stats a bit as you'd be 7 int short. Also, Tempest Shield would add another 3%.

Jack the Axe isn't end-game per se, but it's a very good weapon for next to nothing (based on Pob it'll give you around 15 - 20% extra bleed DPS). The 'Thirst for Blood' effect will reserve 10% of your life, but it adds 20% more DoT multi and 500 life regen for every nearby target that is bleeding which is quite large.

"
Vassili666 a écrit :
I did change my ring before I updated pob so it is allready changed to fire resi. but I am not sure how much elemental weakness reduce this so at how much % I need to be to be still capped.

It'll reduce your resists by 20% in a red map.

"
Vassili666 a écrit :
Yea I never used this Tempest Shield..So this gem just boost my block by 3% right?

Yeah that's right, you'll get 3% more while the effect is active.
"

Also question about Ancestral Protector..Is it okay to use it just solo or maybe is it okay with just maim? As maim is also increase dmg on bosses..So maybe I can drop culling strike and faster attacks and put in tempest shield and inc duration for enduring cry.
Dernière édition par Vassili666, le 30 juil. 2021 09:36:28
Is this build really updated to 3.15?
Reading the comments is like people are not following the guide with regards to blood magic, lifetap, currupted fever:/
Dernière édition par pra-lima87, le 30 juil. 2021 11:21:51
vaal pact - petrified blood
spectral shield throw:

this is my setup. a variation of what is going on on poe.ninja; something like a hipster build.

I'm sitting at 1.55m sirus dps, and can block the 'die' beam.
I dont even move in the whole fight. as long as I can leech, I practically never die. at all.

I'm at 90% phys reduction, 78% block with the amulet. the maximum phys hit taken on my pob is 74.8k (ehp: 522k).

with essence worm i squeezed in another aura.
now the question was, should I go for agony or another defence layer. since I felt like I have enough reliable and constant damage, lets try to be unkillable.

first I thought arctic armour should work. but the phys dmg reduction doesnt register on my pob (maybe because I'm already at the 90% phys reduction cap). so half the gems power would not be even used.

and since I have vaal pact, why not petrified blood? I overleech with a 1.8k life leech/on hit rate.

and my gear is crap. its not even good, just imagine having a shaper 3k armour shield and life per block.

which - is - insane.

I only die to one shots which are rare but still possible; probably because of my very low life pool (4566).

the only doom for this build are degens. but as long as I can leech, I have enough time to react and dash out of bad situations.

interestingly enough, it is a low life version. which opens up some new uniques which can be used as an alternative.

edit: my question is: I want to know if there is a away to achieve more life leech. my knowledge is not good enough to research this efficiently. thank you!
Dernière édition par Monsieur_Ati, le 30 juil. 2021 12:58:43

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires