[3.9] Rain of Steel (Impale Rain of Arrows) Slayer | Endgame | All-Content | Who needs tower?

"
eggzvan a écrit :

ive tried 6linking my chest haha, spent too much for what i have. only got it 5linked

what do you think boosts dps best from either watcher's eye or dying sun?

Best practice is to have second armour for 6 linking and not touch the one you currently wearing. Intimidate on Hit Watcher's Eye is 2-3ex and Dying Sun is 3-3.5 ex. With that price it is you better get 6L armour instead. 6L Daresso's Defiance is 5ex, and it should get cheaper.

"
HwtChirino a écrit :
My build only has 3500 hp. I realized that even with higher hp and armour, so that I would have 6k hp and 80% phys reduction, I will still get 1 shotted by difficult metamorphs/rares. A lot of this also depends on the moda of the map. But you can imagine that corrupted t16 maps with 8-10 mods + awakened lvl 4 = very painful. I cleared all content except Sirus with my build and got to lvl 93. Nevertheless, I must now forsake what was a very viable build in pre 3.9 so that I can actually have a hope to defeat Sirus myself.

The thing about Sirus is, it is a poorly designed boss fight. Most builds will struggle not because of boss itself, but the design -event in the arena, the immunity phase, the not targetable unit, expanding and alive lethal dot aoe attack. Not to mention some bugs? The more I try to describe it the more ridiculous it sounds you see?

My point is, if you judge the build base on single encounter, one that most players call bullshit design - then I guess it is not for you. After all you did mentioned you cleared all content except that. As for one shot thing, even the best of us; Mathil, Zizaran and alot others got one shotted, you can see daily post about it- it is what it is.
Hey, I noticed you said in 3.9 you would rather use a champion ascendancy can you explain which passives you would take.
"
DinkyWonk a écrit :
Hey, I noticed you said in 3.9 you would rather use a champion ascendancy can you explain which passives you would take.

In order of Labyrinth difficulty;
Unstoppable Hero > Fortitude > Master of Metal > Inspirational/First to Strike Last to Fall or Conqueror if you have 6L Ballista setup
Hello! I got inspired by your build and tried to do something different, a crit impale as a deadeye. In POB, it shows 620k DPS against shaper settings, without calculating arborix and impale effect, but in game, i feel like i had 300k DPS. Could you take a look in my POB and give me some tips to upgrade and see if i ticked something wrong on POB?

https://pastebin.com/ZqtGdSMr

Thank you!
Dernière édition par raigorino, le 22 déc. 2019 23:00:26
"
raigorino a écrit :
Hello! I got inspired by your build and tried to do something different, a crit impale as a deadeye. In POB, it shows 620k DPS against shaper settings, without calculating arborix and impale effect, but in game, i feel like i had 300k DPS. Could you take a look in my POB and give me some tips to upgrade and see if i ticked something wrong on POB?

https://pastebin.com/ZqtGdSMr

Thank you!

I am not really sure what to tell as I didn't use POB to compare my ingame dps. As mentioned in the guide, the build failed the number test on POB in my standard but it works fine ingame.

Do you feel the damage is lacking? Since you already have helmet enchantment for Rain of Arrows instead of Barrage per recommended by guide, I'd replace Barrage with Shrapnel Ballista instead. So you can use Rain of Arrow as main damage dealer to bosses and clearing, and ballistas to supplement damage boost when bossing.
Hey!

I've always loved Rain of Arrows for some reason, but I'm generally speaking terrible at making my own builds.

I read what you said about the Assassin Crit/Ele route and decided to theorycraft a tree around that.
Could you please give me feedback on it?

https://poeplanner.com/ABMAAQMAExYAAH6w2CHAsw4Pq21s53To1gW1jb9RR-dUJP3_3tQjMHHdqEt4OkIajVsmf_vC7LTFFf2NgcGgeBk8_vLmb1ci6jIBshnPeha_df2EbyaVYeJVS4w2idNwUpsm3UZjpxGBMHx_K_1usXzD5o25OdRv8qCfjX0j9k2SlQUIiZrxXWjKqdnGMpR_AsEzVvruDvzFDY1B0y8kun9br04qTP_DeSF2puBqkxm0vqdlTb02dcvqYod2Sn21SAbnpAVirGyMPs-95gzypcs31O0_yNzWiio4QzHawXTtBS0UdcjM74_fb3rvZ6Djn52qv9VTuzIyEJLZhrxvF7BKiyM2UxAAAAAAAA==
"
Wallwalker22 a écrit :
Hey!

I've always loved Rain of Arrows for some reason, but I'm generally speaking terrible at making my own builds.

I read what you said about the Assassin Crit/Ele route and decided to theorycraft a tree around that.
Could you please give me feedback on it?

https://poeplanner.com/ABMAAQMAExYAAH6w2CHAsw4Pq21s53To1gW1jb9RR-dUJP3_3tQjMHHdqEt4OkIajVsmf_vC7LTFFf2NgcGgeBk8_vLmb1ci6jIBshnPeha_df2EbyaVYeJVS4w2idNwUpsm3UZjpxGBMHx_K_1usXzD5o25OdRv8qCfjX0j9k2SlQUIiZrxXWjKqdnGMpR_AsEzVvruDvzFDY1B0y8kun9br04qTP_DeSF2puBqkxm0vqdlTb02dcvqYod2Sn21SAbnpAVirGyMPs-95gzypcs31O0_yNzWiio4QzHawXTtBS0UdcjM74_fb3rvZ6Djn52qv9VTuzIyEJLZhrxvF7BKiyM2UxAAAAAAAA==

1) 137% max life is too low for level 95 character - you will constantly get one shot. Aim for 160-170% for level 90, 150% is the minimum
2) If the build is not 90% cold damage Fangs of Frost cluster is not worth it
3) Vaal Pact without additional modifiers to life leech feels bad - at least in my experience

4) Take Mistwalker instead of Deadly Infusion - powerful defensive node
5) Primeval Force is not worth 4 points
6) Take left path for Lethality notable for additional crit multi instead right side for just 20% crit chance
7) Fury Bolts is not worth 2 points - you can spend it for extra jewel socket and get crit multi or Watcher's Eye

8) You should start theorycrafting in POB, even the vanilla version. Because it gives you the option to try items/skill and you get better picture of your build
9) With POB, you can check what point is better spend for dps gain. For example in my Infernal Blow Berserker build I have 3 points to spend and my options are;

3 passive points options

With this kind of info, it is easier to make decision on what to spend. Oh and in this situation I took Gladiator's Perseverance, it gives second highest dps boost out of the three, a bit of attack rate and additional life leech modifier. Hope this helps, good luck!

I think about trying this build so its based around physical dmge so I should scale well? how quick do you find never used rain before?
@Summerhood
"
Summerhood a écrit :

I think about trying this build so its based around physical dmge so I should scale well? how quick do you find never used rain before?

With those gear, you should skip Impale mechanic and Brutality. Since those gears are build around Tornado Shot, why not just get Rain of Arrows gem and see if you like it - and make adjustment from there.
Hello playing this build and really enjoying it :) gj and thanks for it
Have a question about quivs is maloneys quiver with projectiles deal increased damage for each enemy pierced or chained is not better then +1 arrow ?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires