[3.14] Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone

Summoners are OP this league. I'm playing one too. Enjoy it because it's going to get massively nerfed. You're right, it's unfair. Spells are still more powerful than melee. That's the way it is unfortunately and there isn't much we can do about it.

There's no point in trying to 6-link your armour. You can buy a good one very cheaply. Even with -15 mana cost. But even without that you can still run HoP instead of Pride. So get a 6-link one with high life and only gamble with fuses when you're rich. Last time I tried to link a Loreweave I stopped at 3K. I still have it in my stash... unlinked....
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Really appreciate your sharing! I used your guide as my second character!
(Highly recommended you to use double strike+ancestral call to level up till you can use BS!)

For my personal preference, I allocate the nodes at the bottom first, then to the right. Around lvl70 you will finish the sword nodes located in the west. Lastly to the life nodes between Marauder and Scion.
Hi,

I thought i would share my experience with this build from this league (Blight). I am playing SSF (for the first time) and a league start, so please mind that my comments might not be applicable to trade league.

TLDR:> Love it. I can recommend it to everyone, although it does not have tons of damage.

Longer version:

Currently at level 92, here is my current gear
Spoiler

I was lucky 3 times this league: linking chest in 400 fusings, getting prismatic eclipse blade from sacrifitial chamber and getting Lions flask from bestiary. Apart from that - no exalts, no annuls, no divine orbs, no 21 gems (0 for 8 so far) and am playing at least 2 hours a day.

I went all damage in, left the health nodes for later. As a result i faced 3rd ascendency Izaro with around 2-2.5k HP. Tried to do it couple of times and have been one shotted all the time. Next day I've respecced some points and basically it was not an issue at all. Maybe it was just a worse day in terms of Izaro stats :/ Uber lab was a breeze.

I've noticed 2 major points where your life gets drastically better in terms of gameplay: Fourth ascendancy and Lion's Roar flask. Also 3rd ascendancy gives you more tankiness, but the QOL jump was not as big as on fourth.

Fourth ascendancy gives you a lot more zoom-zoom quality of life on maps with sand storm. Right now this build is fast. Not the fastest, but for me personally if it would be faster, my head probably would explode - I am old and too much movement speed is not playing well with me:)

Lion's Roar solved my damage "wall" problem. Before i got it - i had some problems with T14/T15 maps. Yesterday i did T15's including Harbringer Map without a sweat.

Another hint is - do not afraid to drop your block to 50%. Currently i have 51% and it is really ok. Have to use two HP flasks, but it's only for emergency on bosses. Of course in the end-game i want to be capped, but at this moment damage nerf would be too big and boss fights/mapping would be too slow. So look for highest pDPS and do not worry about block on weapons untill you really hit late-late end game. Did Elder (not red/uber - this is in the plans for this weekend) without any issues. And i suck at boss mechanics, so this also says a lot about the build.
Also Mastermind was no problem, although you need to know mechanics - you can't just facetank her.

If you look at the gear, you can see that i am also playing with the Riposte setup. Trying different things. Right now it is purely damage one. We'll see how this works out.

Have fun Exiles ! :)

Dernière édition par bartpio, le 18 sept. 2019 04:37:10
The problem with SSF is that it will be difficult to get the block swords. You can still get close to full block but it would be nice if you could find a Rumi's. No way of controlling that in SSF though.
I also see you got a useful helmet enchant. Congrats on that. Have fun with the build and don't be afraid to experiment with changes.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

Yeah, enchant was a nice fluke. I got it on first and only uber lab run. I think i am stuck with this helmet for life now :D
Dernière édition par bartpio, le 18 sept. 2019 07:47:04
As for the block swords, we'll see. I am one persistant son#####, you just've added one more goal for me this league :D
Dernière édition par bartpio, le 18 sept. 2019 07:46:23
One more small thing - don't know if you noticed.
I've put the precision in together with leap slam. On level 1 it only reserves tiny amount of life. +Accuracy and +crit - thank you :)

Of course later when my enlighten will be lvl 3/4 i will put in the banner.
Hey, great build guide! I've been having loads of fun playing this and just killed uber elder for my first time with it. I've gotten pretty incredibly lucky this league, managing to fossil craft some nutty gear. The damage is insane and you can pretty much facetank everything. -Block chance maps are annoying (and obviously phys reflect are impossible) but not impossible.
It was an incredibly smooth transition to Bladestorm after leveling with Sunder, and the leap slam at insane speeds is loads of fun.

Spoiler

I purchased a good base with the +1 Bladestorm early on for real cheap, I'm basically just waiting for RNGesus to bless me with a reasonable craft that can beat my current helmet. Not even sure how necessary it is as I can comfortably kill everything in the game on my current gear. My swords could get better too, but purchasing phys shaper bases with %block is insanely hard. I only just got the second one, so I suppose this opens up my rings for improvement as I'm no longer tied up with the accuracy rolls on them.

As its melee though, some blights get absurd, especially when spread in many directions. All in all, thanks for the guide - was an amazing league starter.
I'm glad you're enjoying it and congrats on the Uber kill. Are you capped with 4% block on the swords ? Seems unlikely unless you have lots of block on jewels.
That armour is pretty great but unfortunately maim on it is only useful for the 15% more (level 1) as maim does not stack and we already maim in blood stance. Still great though.
I see a lot of people complaining about the swords. Last league when I made this there weren't many of those around but it wasn't that hard to get good ones. It took a few days. It seems the build has affected the market.

How you get on the 79% Block when you only have +9 on both Swords?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires