[3.8] WIP Toxic Rain Pathfinder League Starter, 297% MS 5.9k life All Content + Great mapper/delver

Amazing comments EkEL123 and kan333. Obviously this build is tailored to my playstyle but I will reflect on your takeaways for a future iteration. I'm not playing as much this league due to health issues unfortunately.
"
Slyvanus a écrit :
Best in slot for toxic rain is an elder bow with
+1 to socketed gems
Socketed skill support by vicious project
Multi mod
+2 socketed support gems
Chaos damage over time multiplier
Attack speed
Except the fact this is an impossible item because it has 4 prefixes.
"
kan333 a écrit :
So, I've play this build since league start and have finalized my gear. I've enjoyed it and I think it works quite well. Usually I like to make some general comments on the builds I play in regards to what works best for me. So here's my list.

- Exceptional Performance cluster should be taken but is not on the build tree. On a Empower/Efficacy gem setup it is worth 20% more damage and on a Swift/Efficacy gem setup it is worth 25% more damage. A perfectly rolled 3 damage prop jewel is only worth 8% more. This 3 point cluster is worth more damage than anything else on the tree point for point.

- Far Sight cluster is worth about 10% more damage where as a perfect rolled double damage jewel is worth about 6% more damage and 150hp at end game. This is just mentioned for reference.

- Blood Drinker is taken on the build tree. It costs 3 points to get to and gives 14% life and life leech. However, life leech with Toxic Rain is terrible. Revenge of the Haunted costs 3 points and in exchange for life leech you get 2% life, 2% evade change and 2% movement speed. I feel like this is the obvious choice. It also allows you to move your jewel slot and get 8% increased damage.

- The build stats that you should look for Chaos Multi on the jewels but that isn't ideal. A 12% DOT jewel is worth the same amount of DPS as a 4% chaos multi jewel. However, a 8% attack speed jewel is worth 3% More damage than both of those. For Toxic Rain you want jewels with Attack Speed with Bows and then another damage prop. Also the jewels you listed have damage with two handed weapons and damage with bows on them. Neither of those modifiers affect the DOT from Toxic Rain. But since you have them listed it makes them look like they are a desirable stats...but they add a bunch of cost with 0 DPS increase.

- I'm surprised you have a freeze flask instead of a curse flask on your gear list. You have curses on you all the time vs a very low chance of being frozen. Just a general comment.

- Efficacy is worth more DPS than Swift Affliction. But you prioritize Swift Affliction over it in your build. Also, a lvl 3 Empower is only worth 3% more damage than a Swift/Efficacy setup and costs 2-3 more mana per attack. Someone trying to decide should spend the currency on better jewels than buying a lvl 3 Empower.

Finally, they dropped the cost of the -8 to -9 mana craft. It use to be 1ex and now it's only 4c. If you give up a jewel slot for a Clarity Watcher's Eye, this build can run 0 mana cost on Toxic Rain. You need -36 for a Swift/Efficacy setup and -37 total for an Empower/Swift setup. That's easy to do now and it's cheap.

This means you can run 4 aura's now - Malevolence, Flesh and Stone, Clarity and Aspect of the Spider. If you run a lvl 3 Enlighten then you can still have enough mana to cast your wither totem. Clarity only needs to be lvl 1 to proc Watcher's Eye.

Good info, I would update the guide based on this feedback.
What is better
+3 bow with vicious proj
or +4 bow wijt 20% more socketed dmg ?
Dernière édition par ITALJANECC, le 20 sept. 2019 14:24:17
"
ITALJANECC a écrit :
What is better
+3 bow with vicious proj
I rly wanna see a +4 bow outside of standard, link please?
"
Viktranka a écrit :
"
ITALJANECC a écrit :
What is better
+3 bow with vicious proj
I rly wanna see a +4 bow outside of standard, link please?

I assume he's just saying a serrated crafted bow with +2 bow gems and the +2 support craft. But no one would do that since it only scales the attack portion of TR.
There was on trade bow with +1 socketed , +1 dex gem +2 support gem
"
ITALJANECC a écrit :
There was on trade bow with +1 socketed , +1 dex gem +2 support gem
Didn't know it was possible to roll 3 different socket mods on the same bow, is that from fossils?

The issue is empower is a strength gem, not dexterity, so won't be affected. Best idea would be to POB your character with both bows and compare (you can copy items from trade to POB).
Just input those specs into POB and check it out :)
I'm at the point now where I need to craft an endgame bow.
I have never really done any HC crafting in this game, so having a bit of trouble understanding if i should work with my current bow or start with a new white 6 link base,

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires