[3.8] "The Boys' Impale Stacking Berserker" [all content - starter - hc viable]

Current Level 74 and i overcome the degen, Since i updated my item but now i'm thinking to switch multi strike to melee physical damage support i think it has more dps and the berserking node right from the marauder wheel i change that into blade of cunning for more dps.
will build this. i wont use vaal grace though, but berserk instead, as an "oh shit" - button.

€: also, i will not use golem since it pisses me off. should make room for vaal molten shell imo.

what you think of it?

im playing SC but i hate dying

thanks for the guide btw, very good work and its fun to play until now :)
Dernière édition par dipsi, le 17 juil. 2019 16:44:41
"
MrPayat159 a écrit :
Current Level 74 and i overcome the degen, Since i updated my item but now i'm thinking to switch multi strike to melee physical damage support i think it has more dps and the berserking node right from the marauder wheel i change that into blade of cunning for more dps.

multistrike gives us increased attack speed and has a more damage multiplier which pob doesn't calc in. without doing the math I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure for this char multistrike will give more dps while melee phys will just give more damage per hit. I personally prefer the attack speed, but I could understand why someone would go that route.

As far as berserking for blade of cunning, that was a 3 point node switch that I forgot to make for the hc tree, in the sc tree we take both.

Glad you got everything setup to deal with the degen :)

"
dipsi a écrit :
will build this. i wont use vaal grace though, but berserk instead, as an "oh shit" - button.

€: also, i will not use golem since it pisses me off. should make room for vaal molten shell imo.

what you think of it?

Yeah I imagine that berserk would be pretty good for getting out of really bad situations lmao

and as far as vaal molten shell goes, should be fine if you're using it by itself, just make sure it's not attached to a/the cwdt for ic, since it'll only activate one, or you could just use molten shell for both, up to you.
"
vobruh a écrit :
"
MrPayat159 a écrit :

multistrike gives us increased attack speed and has a more damage multiplier which pob doesn't calc in. without doing the math I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure for this char multistrike will give more dps while melee phys will just give more damage per hit. I personally prefer the attack speed, but I could understand why someone would go that route.

As far as berserking for blade of cunning, that was a 3 point node switch that I forgot to make for the hc tree, in the sc tree we take both.

Glad you got everything setup to deal with the degen :)

"
dipsi a écrit :

what you think of it?

Yeah I imagine that berserk would be pretty good for getting out of really bad situations lmao

and as far as vaal molten shell goes, should be fine if you're using it by itself, just make sure it's not attached to a/the cwdt for ic, since it'll only activate one, or you could just use molten shell for both, up to you.

yes, i plan on using level 20 vaal molten shell linked with the CWDT setup, so i can profit from increased duration as well.
vaal MS will be higher level so it wont be procced by CWDT though and i can cast manually.

Also im thinking about dropping flesh and stone and replacing it with dread banner.
less mana reserved and you gain nice dps. its also defensive because of fortify effect.

im gonna try this out. might run into problems with the skill bar, it becomes a bit much :)
may i ask tho, how does the brutal restraint jewel gives crit chance and the onslaught on kill effect, ive tried putting it at the jewel slot according to POB and i dont see any increase in crit chance or any onslaught on kill.
"
dipsi a écrit :

Also im thinking about dropping flesh and stone and replacing it with dread banner.
less mana reserved and you gain nice dps. its also defensive because of fortify effect.

im gonna try this out. might run into problems with the skill bar, it becomes a bit much :)

yeah, with all of the vaal skills we fill up the toolbar pretty quick, what I do is just keep my vaal ancestral warchief up for mapping, since I'm not gonna be dropping a regular warchief anyways, and then for boss encounter like ue/guardians/etc. I run a regular warchief since it's always available.

If you don't mind, let me know how dread banner goes! I imagine you could probably get close to 8-10mil burst shaper/single target dps with dread banner, berserk, and the basic gear layout.

"
epsser a écrit :
may i ask tho, how does the brutal restraint jewel gives crit chance and the onslaught on kill effect, ive tried putting it at the jewel slot according to POB and i dont see any increase in crit chance or any onslaught on kill.

Brutal restraint is one of the new timeless jewels, they're all unique in that they have a seed, mine is 7655 akhara-asenath, every timeless jewel will give different bonuses on different large nodes. The wiki covers the timeless jewels in depth if you want to learn more :)
"
vobruh a écrit :

If you don't mind, let me know how dread banner goes! I imagine you could probably get close to 8-10mil burst shaper/single target dps with dread banner, berserk, and the basic gear layout.

also im thinking of switching in pride instead of herald of purity once enlighten reaches a certain level.

atm im running with dread banner and no berserk. vaal molten shell seems to be enough along with the other defensive layers this build offers.
also, it really hurts you losing the rage stacks since we dont run rage support here.

really like it. you should maybe consider it replacing your golem, since its offensive and defensive.
it will also save you a point in the tree (10% chance to impale right before swift Skewering), cause with the banner you will reach more than 100% chance to impale.
Dernière édition par dipsi, le 19 juil. 2019 05:24:00
Really happy with this build, i tried mobs with reflect survive but don't want to do it again. HAHAHAH! my hearts skips for a moment when i jump into the pack of monster and 1 shot them all. Then i tried the dried banner and put the flesh and stone in shaped unset ring right now farming izaro to get the helmet buff don't know if this would be 100 years and how do you get a 6 link armour? farm or buy? and can you check my item if it's good? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrPayat159/characters
Hey,
just specced into your build. I got a couple of questions though, since I seem to be dying quite often (and some general questions):

- how much resistances do you have? I have 95/88/85 and can't seem to get much more from gear (except maybe on the ring slot)
- You said that you have 70% physical reduction: exactly how does that work? Fully buffed I have only 53%
- Also my evade and block values are way below yours :/
- How do you survive Legion mobs in T15+? I seem to get killed fast in a lot of encounters.
- What skills do you have active? I can only run Flesh and Stone, Herald of Purty and Precision. In your build you also have Herald of Ash - but for this I don't have the mana.
- Related: in your current build you're using an amluet with "Grants purity of elements", are you using that?

Could you take a look at my build? My gear is the follwoing atm:

Dernière édition par rainmeadow, le 25 juil. 2019 21:15:37
"
MrPayat159 a écrit :
Really happy with this build, i tried mobs with reflect survive but don't want to do it again. HAHAHAH! my hearts skips for a moment when i jump into the pack of monster and 1 shot them all. Then i tried the dried banner and put the flesh and stone in shaped unset ring right now farming izaro to get the helmet buff don't know if this would be 100 years and how do you get a 6 link armour? farm or buy? and can you check my item if it's good? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrPayat159/characters

6-Links are pretty much everywhere this league thanks to legion and the incubators, you can buy one for cheap and craft, or buy one via div cards, or one that's been crafted, etc. :)

Also, your profile is private, so I can't look at your gear.

"
rainmeadow a écrit :
Hey,
just specced into your build. I got a couple of questions though, since I seem to be dying quite often (and some general questions):

- how much resistances do you have? I have 95/88/85 and can't seem to get much more from gear (except maybe on the ring slot)
- You said that you have 70% physical reduction: exactly how does that work? Fully buffed I have only 53%
- Also my evade and block values are way below yours :/
- How do you survive Legion mobs in T15+? I seem to get killed fast in a lot of encounters.
- What skills do you have active? I can only run Flesh and Stone, Herald of Purty and Precision. In your build you also have Herald of Ash - but for this I don't have the mana.
- Related: in your current build you're using an amluet with "Grants purity of elements", are you using that?

-My reses are barely capped, I'm at 76 fire / 78 cold / 76 lightning, with my max res at 76 for all. I don't have any chaos res

-for phys damage reduction, I'm sitting at 21% dmg reduction no flasks, but when we pop lion's roar we get 35% inc phys damage reduction to put us at 56% damage reduction, and with endurance charges we get up to 68% phys damage reduction (obviously with our endurance charge generation via leap slam stuns, we only reliably have it during mapping/delving/etc. and not during most end-game boss fights, but honestly legions are scarier most of the time anyways.

-for evade chance, since tooltip/char descriptions don't calc in sand stance, we're not getting the evade chance from the flesh and stone blind. I'm sitting at 17% w/o flasks and 24% with sin's rebirth, The reason it doesn't appear is because our evade isn't being boosted by ourselves, but rather our enemies near us being blinded, but it does still raise our evade chance by around 50%

-I generally save my vaal skills for legion encounters, right as the monolith expires. Throw up vaal grace, 2 vaal warchiefs, 4 boys, and with all flasks, I only occasionally get killed in t16s (typically by a couple of templar shield blasters or maraketh snipers), but not often enough to really bug me. I imagine with the hc tree and the extra 700hp + a few more defensive nodes, even t16 monoliths probably wouldn't be a problem.

-I have HoAsh (23%), HoP (23%), and Precision (20%) attached to a lvl 3 enlighten on my helm & flesh & stone (25%) in my off hand. This reserves 91% of my mana, and with the -15 mana to socketed gems on our chest, My mapping setup uses 14mana per 3 attacks, and my single target setup uses 8mana per 3 attacks. My mana regen is only 20.1, which is enough to sustain my single target mana, and sustain mapping for a very long time (which wasn't what I was going for, since I prioritize mana leech, but it works too).

-I did double corrupt my Carnage Heart a few weeks ago, and while the additional curse is pog, I don't use purity of elements at all, it's a dead implicit for me. I don't expect anyone to go out of there way to spend money on an additional curse amulet, which is why I haven't really mentioned it, since I got it after writing the guide, but since the double corrupt, I went ahead and got some curse on hit enfeeble haemophilias to go along with the extra curse slot.

edit: rain, since you have a lvl 3 enlighten, and the -mana to attacks, you should be able to reserve HoAsh, make sure it's not attached to anything that's increasing the mana reserved on it :)
Dernière édition par vobruh, le 27 juil. 2019 22:28:49

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires