[3.7] 2H Cyclone Slayer - Crit, Pure Phys - All Content

"
SHEPUUURD a écrit :
Cyclone doesn't scale with +weapon range as well anymore

Out of curiousity,
Cyclone gem says: "8% increased area of effect per 1 additional melee range"

So Cyclone actually does scale with +range, but not much, right?
"
Mithgroth a écrit :
Out of curiousity,

That's right, 8% aoe is a lot worse than 1 range, and it also has diminishing returns.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
"
Mithgroth a écrit :
"
SHEPUUURD a écrit :
Cyclone doesn't scale with +weapon range as well anymore

Out of curiousity,

+ weapon range on the weapon itself has no effect, e.g a dagger with 10 range has the same area of effect as Atziri axe at 15 range, the weapon range is always 11 with cyclone.

Other sources(skill tree, armor etc ) gives the 8% increase aoe per weapon range.
If I'm not mistaken, you'll need to have at least 21.3 reduced mana cost of skills to have a 0 mana cost cyclone with two perfectly rolled - mana cost to channeling skills. With the current set up it costs 7.61 mana to channel, reduced that by 21.3 and you get 5.995, so two reduced rolls will reduce it to 0.

So if you path to the Tirless cluster (15% reduction) and get another two mods on jewels, you can still get a free mana cyclone. Not as easy as it used to be but definitely doable.

At least the tier 3 minus mana cost crafts are cheap now at 4 chaos.

Put blood magic on leap and blood rage and you're good to go.
Dernière édition par RoseEsque, le 12 sept. 2019 08:26:54
"
RoseEsque a écrit :
If I'm not mistaken, you'll need to have at least 21.3 reduced mana cost of skills to have a 0 mana cost cyclone with two perfectly rolled - mana cost to channeling skills. With the current set up it costs 7.61 mana to channel, reduced that by 21.3 and you get 5.995, so two reduced rolls will reduce it to 0.

So if you path to the Tirless cluster (15% reduction) and get another two mods on jewels, you can still get a free mana cyclone. Not as easy as it used to be but definitely doable.

At least the tier 3 minus mana cost crafts are cheap now at 4 chaos.

Put blood magic on leap and blood rage and you're good to go.
Depends on the setup you're using, a 6L with Fortify and Infused channeling actually costs 12 mana.

Dual Wield or Starforge builds still get the option to use a -mana cost body armour:

Builds and Guides:
so with the cyclone not being free anymore witch auras do we use now ? also how is the damage now on a budget still good ?
What do you think about running this build as a champion?

We're already investing into impale champion is great with impale, the fortify from 2h goes well with champions theme and saves us 2 ascendancy points.

The AoE will be smaller, yes, but our survivability is increased.

Plus we can go the ascendancy that removes the mana reservation on banners, freeing up mana to run cyclone without dropping the banner.

Though Worthy Foe is probably much, much better and since you get impale chance from ascendancy you probably could drop dread banner.

Not to mention worthy foe also "removes" the need for the "hit's can't be evaded" craft.

I really like the idea though I'm not sure how to deal with health restoration.

Master of Metal, Conqueror and Worthy Foe seem must haves. If we can get another source of intimidate then maybe First to Strike, Last to Fall can be dropped for Unstoppable Hero which is a nice buff to damage/defense, though the "cannot be stunned" is kinda useless with Cyclone.

Maybe take inspirational then?
"
ysocalm a écrit :
so with the cyclone not being free anymore witch auras do we use now ? also how is the damage now on a budget still good ?
Either remove an Aura (probably Blood & Sand) and get some mana leech or use a chest with -mana and play Starforge or dual wield.
Sound like the most reasonable options to me.

The damage didn't get nerfed that much, and considering nobody plays cyclone anymore the gear is probably cheaper aswell.
"
RoseEsque a écrit :
What do you think about running this build as a champion?

We're already investing into impale champion is great with impale, the fortify from 2h goes well with champions theme and saves us 2 ascendancy points.

The AoE will be smaller, yes, but our survivability is increased.

Plus we can go the ascendancy that removes the mana reservation on banners, freeing up mana to run cyclone without dropping the banner.

Though Worthy Foe is probably much, much better and since you get impale chance from ascendancy you probably could drop dread banner.

Not to mention worthy foe also "removes" the need for the "hit's can't be evaded" craft.

I really like the idea though I'm not sure how to deal with health restoration.

Master of Metal, Conqueror and Worthy Foe seem must haves. If we can get another source of intimidate then maybe First to Strike, Last to Fall can be dropped for Unstoppable Hero which is a nice buff to damage/defense, though the "cannot be stunned" is kinda useless with Cyclone.

Maybe take inspirational then?
Slayer does quite a bit more damage. Champion is slightly more tanky but not the point that it would make me prefer him.
That said Champ is still pretty good.

Considering the current price of Lethal Prides I'd pick the intimidate node over Inspirational (adrenaline is also really good).
Builds and Guides:
I was curious to see what would happen to my powerhouse after all the nerfs.

The range is way smaller now - probably 1/3 smaller.

My cyclone is still free (in my hideout anyway, i didn't try a map), and I have L20/20 infused channelling and 2 items with -mana (-8 and -6). Tooltip doesn't list a mana cost either. So no need to lose an aura?

Looking at my bench looks like they've split the -mana crafts into channelling and non-channelling. I suppose my now legacy craft applies to both?

New crafts can only do -3 max lol, need alot of those crafts to maintain my 14 mana cost cyclone - maybe maim setup is better now?

Although that's still alot of -3 crafts required to maintain free cyclone?
Dernière édition par Armisal, le 19 sept. 2019 12:34:33
"
SHEPUUURD a écrit :
"
ysocalm a écrit :
Either remove an Aura (probably Blood & Sand) and get some mana leech or use a chest with -mana and play Starforge or dual wield.
Sound like the most reasonable options to me.

Why starforge? isn't the elder items we made still higher dps? or is it to make up for the life loss from not having kaom's?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires