[3.9] Endurance Charge Jugg

Hey i also noticed last night with the molten strike 6 link setup using it in elder fight it causes you to have to be exactly in the right spot to hit 2 of the portals in phase 2 or when elder is chained up. due to the less area from gem setup.

I swapped and changed colors to
molten strike-elemental damage with attacks- multistrike-ancestral call-elefocus -fire pen

This linkage gives some more added dps and i seem to be killing everything a lot quicker. I figured dont really have to worry about igniting since everything dies quickly and the elder fight becomes a lot easier as you dont have to be in the exact spot anymore because you dont have the area loss. Delve monsters last night were dying a lot quicker to, enough where i wasnt having to struggle to keep up with the cart i was ahead of the cart most of the time.
The question is whats better for blight towers. MS or TS.
"
Astarotte a écrit :
The question is whats better for blight towers. MS or TS.

The one with which you can get more damage.
What ring anointments would fit this build?
What towers have you guys found best?
"
Scorpio_ASC a écrit :
What ring anointments would fit this build?
What towers have you guys found best?

I personally like the ice and minion towers to put in choke points on lanes that intersect. If you have enough points to get a seismic tower to level 4 to get a large slow field, that is nice too. Gives you time to kill stuff. But in the center, i just build a lot of fire/meteor towers and maybe one buff tower to power my character up. So the short answer is.... all of them.
Vivian, would you consider this build, MS to be ok to do blight encounters? Since damage isn't problem but mobility is.
"
Xiser a écrit :
I swapped and changed colors to
molten strike-elemental damage with attacks- multistrike-ancestral call-elefocus -fire pen

This linkage gives some more added dps and i seem to be killing everything a lot quicker. I figured dont really have to worry about igniting since everything dies quickly and the elder fight becomes a lot easier as you dont have to be in the exact spot anymore because you dont have the area loss. Delve monsters last night were dying a lot quicker to, enough where i wasnt having to struggle to keep up with the cart i was ahead of the cart most of the time.

As I understand it, the reason we want combustion is for the reduction to fire resistance, not the ignites per se, since we're not really scaling ignite damage. While it may superficially seem like fire pen is better than combustion, the mechanics work differently AFAIK.

I think "enemies have -X% fire res" means the resistance will go negative as well, meaning we get added fire damage versus enemies which are put below 0% fire res. However, with fire pen, I think we're only avoiding some of the resistance, but we can't go negative that way. And since we're already lowering monster fire res with our other stuff, I think fire pen is largely a waste against monsters that don't have super high fire res.
"
Vivan a écrit :
Ancestral Call probably does not help us with single target much anymore because we have to melee strike an enemy to create the projectiles. It will still be the absolute best gem for mapping/clearing tho.

I'm not sure how this works.

Does that mean that when we're fighting boss 1 on 1, ancestral call won't even do anything unless there are minions around?
Dernière édition par merlinbolt, le 1 oct. 2019 11:27:35
"
merlinbolt a écrit :
"
Vivan a écrit :
Ancestral Call probably does not help us with single target much anymore because we have to melee strike an enemy to create the projectiles. It will still be the absolute best gem for mapping/clearing tho.

I'm not sure how this works.

Does that mean that when we're fighting boss 1 on 1, ancestral call won't even do anything unless there are minions around?

If by minions, you mean other enemies/adds, then yes. If the boss is alone, then no ancestral call copies.

You used to be able to get just outside of melee range to overlap your molten strike orbs and your ancestral call's by shift clicking. No longer...without adds.
I'm also tecito, this is my main account and the reason I couldn't post characters before.

My jugg is standard character "zoolm" (level 94). It should be visible now, not sure how to post directly in forum.

I had been playing another character for legion, and I just came back to jugg a couple days ago.

I think I may have improved upon the skill tree, but not sure if that's just because of 3.8 changes.

Anyway, what I did was taking out some of the damage nods to get Champion of the Cause, which together with lvl 21 purities means we get an extra 1% to maximum resist, for a total of 83/82/82.

Also, and possibly just because of my item setup, I managed to take out the +30 int nod and replace it with two +10 nods to get an additional jewel socket below Elemental Overload.

I'm now using the Vitality Aul+Watcher's Eye version for near instant life recovery... However, I'm having a lot of trouble with hard delve mods at deph 560... I honestly don't know why, but mobs seem to be 1 or 2-hit me all the time. Sometimes the 2 hits come in so fast it doesn't even give time for my health to replenish or to pop molten shell.

I know I'm not supposed to selfcast molten shell, and that may help with some of the deaths, but most of the time I die while it's on cooldown anyway.
I've a 6600 life pool now. Armor goes up to 39k with full endurance charges.

Damage is not great, taking out those nods may have hurt more than I realize. But I care more about survivability anyway. I want this to be my deep delver char.

I seemed to be having trouble with projectiles not reaching some mobs, so I re-colored and took out concentrated effect to put fortify on main, I think that helped a bit with clear, but I'm still dying like crazy. For bosses I swap out Ancestral Call for Endurance Charge on Melee Stun based on your recommendation. Sometimes I even swap out faster attacks for culling strike on leap slam. And I still keep the Gluttony belt on inventory to get full endurance charges prior to entering a delve or starting a boss.

I managed to get a decent +3 molten strike proj. helmet too. Pantheon is Solaris and Ralakesh.

I don't even know if what's killing me is elemental damage, physical, chaos, or what. I know it's not DOT or bleed (I pop my flasks constantly and I would notice DOT anyway). It doesn't even seem to be crits, as I swapped helmet out for my good 'ol Ahn's Contempt, but made almost no difference, even in a 400% crit, 40% crit multi delve nod.

BTW- I couldn't figure out how to fit Blood and Sand. Even after taking Champion of the Cause, and with the lvl 4 enlighten, I'm left with just over 75% reserved mana with the 3 purities. I guess you take something to reduce the reservation on another aura, and don't use vitality. Or maybe another enlighten, or a helmet with reduced mana reservation.

If you could point out anything else you see that could be wrong, that would be great.
Dernière édition par merlinbolt, le 2 oct. 2019 06:31:08

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires