[3.11] YABB (Yet Another Bow Build) +5/+6 Ice Shot Chaingunner Delve 600+ Updated for 3.11

Don't waste your time with this build. I put about 30 ex into it and it absolutely sputters once you hit t14+ maps, and the single target is god awful even with barrage. With 50-60ex, level 95, etc, will this build wreck things? Sure, but really any build should at that point.

Playing this build you will die and lose xp constantly, want to put your fist through the monitor, and up selling everything like I did. Just stay away from this build, wasted a week trying to get it to work and it's just flat out not good enough and not worth the return on investment.
So I have everything shy of the Hatred crit jewel, and awakened supports, would you say I have enough to be using scourge arrow? Feels like single target isnt there much at all in the long run, but of course maybe I just dont have the levels or need the gems/jewel. Wanted to figure out what I'm doin wrong.
Dernière édition par m0gice, le 27 déc. 2019 14:27:47
"
m0gice a écrit :
So I have everything shy of the Hatred crit jewel, and awakened supports, would you say I have enough to be using scourge arrow? Feels like single target isnt there much at all in the long run, but of course maybe I just dont have the levels or need the gems/jewel. Wanted to figure out what I'm doin wrong.

If you're not feeling it as a previous poster pointed out you might find Barrage / barrage support as a better option
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
"
Mirlong a écrit :
Don't waste your time with this build. I put about 30 ex into it and it absolutely sputters once you hit t14+ maps, and the single target is god awful even with barrage. With 50-60ex, level 95, etc, will this build wreck things? Sure, but really any build should at that point.

Playing this build you will die and lose xp constantly, want to put your fist through the monitor, and up selling everything like I did. Just stay away from this build, wasted a week trying to get it to work and it's just flat out not good enough and not worth the return on investment.

I get it bro, as a deadeye myself I find everything damn challenging despite putting quite a bit of resources in my gear also. But to be fair to people reading what you said, your deadeye is lvl 74. I agree that like, a 2ex necromancer build will probably do the same lol, but I feel getting to 90ish at least is better grounds for what you said.

I do get what you mean though :P going bow is brutal compared to a lot of what I've seen
One last question, would it be decent to trade Gathering Winds with Fast and Deadly if I get the tailwind boot mod?
"
Mirlong a écrit :

I dont get it at all. this is like "it is expensive, must be good" or what kind of gear you had? I wish I had 30 ex to spend in that build. Maybe all players complaining should get familiar with mechanics and learn how to dodge specific attacks instead of crying about lvl 74 deadeyes that cannot facetank T14 metamorph bosses.

Are you maybe trolling?

since I managed to get a assassins mark ring, taming and the chest, things start to get smooth all the way. Life pool is still too low for big steps, but there is progress. Feels good so far. Glad I tried it.

if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
Dernière édition par ibims111, le 27 déc. 2019 20:07:35
"
Dragomirov a écrit :
"
SynixProcessing a écrit :
"
KiyanCorider a écrit :
Question, have you tried the new Unique "Fury Valve"??

it seems to work really well with the Chain and clears off screen for me, Granted I am only lvl 62

but it seems to clear faster than Gloomfang (and deal more damage)

It won't do more damage by far, at max chain gloomfang makes up something like 47% of your damage it's that much, but the extra proj helps if you ain't got a dying sun

You need to stop being ridiculous with your theoretical Gloomfang dps. Your whole build is based on the assumption that there will be enough trash to get a 5/6 chain and magically the last one should end up on the boss/metamorph. In reality except when you pop a Legion pylon all mobs on screen are dead after 2 chains max.
The clearing of this build is already godlike without Gloomfang so the amulet barely improves it. On single target where the build is clearly lacking it does nothing. I understand you want to get more views for your YouTube channel, but you won't get them with a silly inflated theoretical dps nobody is going to believe and without addressing the numerous complaints and issues of your builds raised before. So far you have ignored most of the comments regarding your build's bossing and survivability issues. You'll get more views with intellectual honesty and improvements.

This new amulet is not a bad suggestion, 2 more projectiles in an Ice Shot/barrage support setup is like +28% more dps (going from 7 projectiles to 9). Also to be considered is the Pandemonium someone already mentioned, the 20% cold penetration on bosses is a great dps boost as it doesn't get reduced like an Elemental Weakness curse would (bosses reduce effects of curses, therefore applying elem penetration via curse is useless, as you need it only on bosses).
Talking about curses, same issue with the logic of tying Assassin's Mark to a curse on hit via Frostbomb. You will only end up using it on bosses where the curse won't add that much. I'd rather put Assassin's Mark as an autocast for T15/16 trash (blues and yellows) via gloves or rings. Frostbomb without anything supporting it on bosses as that's still a great help (not a curse).

You should add Vaal Haste to the build, only takes a single gem slot. Maybe link it with Vaal Grace that you already have and an Increased Duration support.
You can also add Precision aura. Link it with your Hatred and Herald of Ice auras with an Enlighten.
The Decoy Totem suggestion should have been picked up and studied (and not ignored like you did), we're dying way too much and any idea like this is good to explore. Even a 3s respite is great when you're gatling down the metamorph with IceShot-BarrageSupport.

Regarding movement skill as most I was fed up with Blink Arrow's bugs (going off only half of the time even when selecting "always attack without moving"), switched to Smoke Mines, I couldn't recommend it enough. Yes you need to press another button to detonate, but you can essentially do it near simultaneously. Same teleport range as Blink Arrow, a tiny cooldown (less that flame dash), 3 charges, gives you a nice lasting movement speed buff, leaves blinding smoke, can be prepositioned for smart plays (place one behind you before going to explore a corner of the map then TP back to it; preplace where you will want to TP as soon as the metamorph looks at you in a nasty way).

Then some other aspects of the build make me think you haven't really done your researched or looked at the mechanics in detail.
+Life on Hit ring: unnecessary. Even when clearing a whole screen I don't need it to counterbalance Gloomfang. If you check it in PoB it will also represent a tiny portion of your lifesteal. The life steal it gives is anyway capped by the Max recovery per second from life leech, which you haven't raised by not taking Vaal Pact. Vaal Pact itself doubles your lifesteal and does way more than the ring.
For the same reason the last two nodes of the Claw wheel don't add much to the build. All the Leech it's supposed to give doesn't exist: it's capped by the game to a super low level unless you take Vaal Pact. Your PoB clearly indicates these nodes gives you 0 leech. A bit of mana, but you could already fill all your Life/Mana leech needs by Vaal Pact and the small Life/Mana Leech passive just below it.
Lioneye's Fall and the Claw wheel: overrated. Between the number of passives necessary to get the socket, and the passives for the Claw wheel, that's 10 points you're using to only give you 19% dps (according to your own PoB, in the Single Target setup). With 10 points of passive you could continue the path above Heart of Oak to take Ballistic Mastery, Aspect of the Eagle, go via attackspeed/critchance to Aspect of the Lynx, then Weapon Artistry. 10 points, 19% dps as well (once again according to your own PoB setup), but on top of this you also get a shitton of attributes, some life, 12% movement speed.
If you want pure dps you can also take the 3 points to Farsight. That's +8% dps in 3 points vs your +19% in 10 points. I would also go and take Forces of Nature for some elem penetration on bosses and Revenge of the Hunted for some life+evasion.

All in all, plenty of improvements are possible. Looking forward to see you address those issues!

Thanks for the suggestion, i followed afew of your points and damn it made alot of difference, more dps, a lil more life.
"
Dragomirov a écrit :

You need to stop being ridiculous with your theoretical Gloomfang dps. Your whole build is based on the assumption that there will be enough trash to get a 5/6 chain and magically the last one should end up on the boss/metamorph. In reality except when you pop a Legion pylon all mobs on screen are dead after 2 chains max.
The clearing of this build is already godlike without Gloomfang so the amulet barely improves it. On single target where the build is clearly lacking it does nothing. I understand you want to get more views for your YouTube channel, but you won't get them with a silly inflated theoretical dps nobody is going to believe and without addressing the numerous complaints and issues of your builds raised before. So far you have ignored most of the comments regarding your build's bossing and survivability issues. You'll get more views with intellectual honesty and improvements.

This new amulet is not a bad suggestion, 2 more projectiles in an Ice Shot/barrage support setup is like +28% more dps (going from 7 projectiles to 9). Also to be considered is the Pandemonium someone already mentioned, the 20% cold penetration on bosses is a great dps boost as it doesn't get reduced like an Elemental Weakness curse would (bosses reduce effects of curses, therefore applying elem penetration via curse is useless, as you need it only on bosses).
Talking about curses, same issue with the logic of tying Assassin's Mark to a curse on hit via Frostbomb. You will only end up using it on bosses where the curse won't add that much. I'd rather put Assassin's Mark as an autocast for T15/16 trash (blues and yellows) via gloves or rings. Frostbomb without anything supporting it on bosses as that's still a great help (not a curse).

You should add Vaal Haste to the build, only takes a single gem slot. Maybe link it with Vaal Grace that you already have and an Increased Duration support.
You can also add Precision aura. Link it with your Hatred and Herald of Ice auras with an Enlighten.
The Decoy Totem suggestion should have been picked up and studied (and not ignored like you did), we're dying way too much and any idea like this is good to explore. Even a 3s respite is great when you're gatling down the metamorph with IceShot-BarrageSupport.

Regarding movement skill as most I was fed up with Blink Arrow's bugs (going off only half of the time even when selecting "always attack without moving"), switched to Smoke Mines, I couldn't recommend it enough. Yes you need to press another button to detonate, but you can essentially do it near simultaneously. Same teleport range as Blink Arrow, a tiny cooldown (less that flame dash), 3 charges, gives you a nice lasting movement speed buff, leaves blinding smoke, can be prepositioned for smart plays (place one behind you before going to explore a corner of the map then TP back to it; preplace where you will want to TP as soon as the metamorph looks at you in a nasty way).

Then some other aspects of the build make me think you haven't really done your researched or looked at the mechanics in detail.
+Life on Hit ring: unnecessary. Even when clearing a whole screen I don't need it to counterbalance Gloomfang. If you check it in PoB it will also represent a tiny portion of your lifesteal. The life steal it gives is anyway capped by the Max recovery per second from life leech, which you haven't raised by not taking Vaal Pact. Vaal Pact itself doubles your lifesteal and does way more than the ring.
For the same reason the last two nodes of the Claw wheel don't add much to the build. All the Leech it's supposed to give doesn't exist: it's capped by the game to a super low level unless you take Vaal Pact. Your PoB clearly indicates these nodes gives you 0 leech. A bit of mana, but you could already fill all your Life/Mana leech needs by Vaal Pact and the small Life/Mana Leech passive just below it.
Lioneye's Fall and the Claw wheel: overrated. Between the number of passives necessary to get the socket, and the passives for the Claw wheel, that's 10 points you're using to only give you 19% dps (according to your own PoB, in the Single Target setup). With 10 points of passive you could continue the path above Heart of Oak to take Ballistic Mastery, Aspect of the Eagle, go via attackspeed/critchance to Aspect of the Lynx, then Weapon Artistry. 10 points, 19% dps as well (once again according to your own PoB setup), but on top of this you also get a shitton of attributes, some life, 12% movement speed.
If you want pure dps you can also take the 3 points to Farsight. That's +8% dps in 3 points vs your +19% in 10 points. I would also go and take Forces of Nature for some elem penetration on bosses and Revenge of the Hunted for some life+evasion.

All in all, plenty of improvements are possible. Looking forward to see you address those issues!

Just had time to read most of this, there are definitely some good points, there's a few things you've misunderstood though too so i'll go in order.

"You need to stop being ridiculous with your theoretical Gloomfang dps. Your whole build is based on the assumption that there will be enough trash to get a 5/6 chain and magically the last one should end up on the boss/metamorph."

Not really, but there are things called add phases, vaal breach etc, it's more about burst. If there's even just two the bounce back and forth is insane, but you do also gain from the +1 chain a 10% more multiplier for each remaining chain from Ricochet, so it has that as a bonus, but even at chaining twice it's still only 10% less extra chaos than a full Eternity Shroud setup.

"The clearing of this build is already godlike without Gloomfang so the amulet barely improves it."

It's the difference between 24 and 30 enemies per volley with 6 Arrows, naturally even more with GMP, so not barely but I can see your reasoning. That's a fair enough point.

"So far you have ignored most of the comments regarding your build's bossing and survivability issues."

Except the 100 pages of trying to help but Ok, I can do better sure.

"This new amulet is not a bad suggestion, 2 more projectiles in an Ice Shot/barrage support setup is like +28% more dps (going from 7 projectiles to 9)."

Now this one became more theoretical, having tried it I just didn't get that experience, although I could have not set it up right, that is entirely possible.

"Also to be considered is the Pandemonium someone already mentioned, the 20% cold penetration on bosses is a great dps boost as it doesn't get reduced like an Elemental Weakness curse would (bosses reduce effects of curses, therefore applying elem penetration via curse is useless, as you need it only on bosses)."

I tried Pandemonious back in Betrayal league, it was ok, felt a bit too niche, but then again bossing is big this time, I just don't value it with the 7ex investment (or whatever it is now) I'd rather choose Yoke of Suffering, especially as injunction with Taming it does provide 10-15% increased damage taken so that's an Intimidate and a half, and increased damage taken is rarer, even with it being an additive increase and not multiplicative due it not being one so easily stacked it's effectiveness is far more noticeable. (The elemental damage can shock stat helps too)
Quality on Curse on Hit adds upto 20% Curse Effectiveness, helping reduce the loss which isn't provided on the autocast rings. Also Assassins Mark rings are Shaper not Elder so you can't get the life gained for each enemy hit by your attacks stat.

"You should add Vaal Haste to the build, only takes a single gem slot. Maybe link it with Vaal Grace that you already have and an Increased Duration support.
The Decoy Totem suggestion should have been picked up and studied (and not ignored like you did), we're dying way too much and any idea like this is good to explore. Even a 3s respite is great when you're gatling down the metamorph with IceShot-BarrageSupport."

Vaal Haste, sure I'd have to take out the CWDT Immortal Call setup as it's a 4slot and having Grace, Duration, Haste wouldn't work for obvious reasons.
Precision, i looked into it, if I had the 50% crit multi mod on a watcher's eye then I'd definitely every time but going back to before, myself I prefer the extra mana, but it's definitely a viable addition. Decoy Totem, I didn't ignore it at all, I didn't see it suggested. I ain't used Decoy Totem since v2.6 or something like that.

I'm gonna skip the blink arrow bit cos I don't mind the skill, but sure.

Which does bring us onto my big issue you raised
"+Life on Hit ring: unnecessary. Even when clearing a whole screen I don't need it to counterbalance Gloomfang. If you check it in PoB it will also represent a tiny portion of your lifesteal. The life steal it gives is anyway capped by the Max recovery per second from life leech, which you haven't raised by not taking Vaal Pact. Vaal Pact itself doubles your lifesteal and does way more than the ring."

You've fundamentally misunderstood the mechanics, life leech and life gained on hit are two different mechanics and do not behave in the same way. Whilst life leeched is limited by a max leech rate which vaal pact does indeed effect, LGoH does not as it is a fixed amount, which is where from the chain it works together perfectly. As the LGoH gem even states on the wiki

"
Life Gain on Hit is a support gem. For every hit made using an attack supported by this gem, you will gain the listed amount of life instantly. The life gain is applied for every hit, not every attack - an arrow that pierces three enemies will cause the attacker to gain life for each of the three enemies that is hit.

The effect of this gem will stack with other sources of life gain on hit.

This gem should not be confused with the

Life Leech Support
gem, which also works with spells and causes the life to be recovered over time.

This is why you'd be able to use both but PoB will not list it as it doesn't have a section in the config for how many enemies hit to calculate LGoH maximums, but it gets knocked into the Life Leech/ On Hit listing which is a bit misleading tbh. And i think the mana leech is worth it imho, but that's just personal preference.

Whilst in the PoB it may list it as a difference, from the many leagues I've done this it's felt most consistent from the 55% crit multi and 100% increased crit chance from the claw nodes than it has otherwise. Whilst it might not show as a big difference in PoB, nearly / completely guaranteeing crit feels so much better in my opinion as you don't get lul moments in fights and the one or two mobs remaining in a pack cos the Herald of Ice procs and shotguns it, but it you want to go your way that's more than fair, after all it is a guide and sure there's gonna be ways to tighten the tree over time. I'll give your suggestions some playtesting for sure. Worth checking out nonetheless.

Hope this addresses some of your issues, any I missed I apologise.
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
Dernière édition par SynixProcessing, le 27 déc. 2019 21:12:03
For those going with ballista totem + ensnarring arrow, there are shaper boots having lvl 20 ballista totem support to socketed gems.
if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!

This is my current setup but the output damage for ice shot is just around 120k
i'm struggling to get 600k like you Synix, any suggestion?

My HP is 3k3 and my character lvl is 87. Thank you, your build is still amazing.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires