[3.10] HOLY FLAME TOTEM, MARAUDER - CHIEFTAIN / BUDGET FRIENDLY - 5.3 MIL DPS [ ALL CONTENT ]

"
tomay a écrit :
"
lemor0 a écrit :
% increased totem damage is the garbage enchant as it doesnt even add that much damage.

Garbage, huh? 20% quality and WoC gives me 50% increased projectile speed, more than enough. In my case 40% increased damage translates into 5k tooltip DPS per projectile (before Overload, resistance reduction, and penetration that is which effectively double the damage). I'd take that over projectile speed any day.

Double the damage sure, do hard maths, actual numbers and i hope that you are aware that tooltip dps for flame totem as been totally wrong since it was created. It used to take into account placement speed as a cast speed source for exemple ;) Its totally unreliable
Dernière édition par lemor0, le 15 mars 2019 17:18:05
can you tell me whats the perfect unique set up for this build like for arc totem / cascade totem build ?

wich mainhand unique weapon ?
"
lemor0 a écrit :
Double the damage sure, do hard maths

Rather than trolling hard I suggest you read what ppl say.

Whatever the gain from 40% increased damage in "hard numbers", it is easily doubled by a variety of buffs such as Overload, resistance reduction, penetration, flasks and whatnot.
"
akaelbenpfeil a écrit :
can you tell me whats the perfect unique set up for this build like for arc totem / cascade totem build ?

There isn't really a perfect "unique" setup. While there are a variety of useful unique items for this build (Soulmantle, Infernal Mantle, Hrimnor's Resolve, Winds of Change, Karui Ward, Tukohama's Fortress, Essence Worm, Windscream), none of them is essential or build-enabling, all entirely optional.

"
akaelbenpfeil a écrit :
wich mainhand unique weapon ?

The two-handed axe The Cauteriser is actually the best unique "stat stick". But dual-wielding two good rare sceptres or wands or a +1 totem shield ultimately yields more damage.
"
lemor0 a écrit :
4 totems a 1m dps each is still better than 5 totems at 500k-600k each.
Simple math.
And PoB calculates it properly, it doesnt add the elemental debuff unless you specificly select "enemy is ignited". Even with this unticked it is way better.
Your totems are doing 50% LESS damage with multiple totems support vs using combustion (21%+29%=50%), it literally means HALF the damage cause its a more multiplier. This is not an exageration this is LITERALY what it means.
I think you guys are not understanding something properly in the game, cause no matter how you look at it is better, do the math urself. 4x1m = 4m, 5x600k = 3m. PoB wont tell you that. You get 4 totems from soul mantle + shaper shield vs 5 infernal mantle+ shield (multi tots gives 2 additionnal and shield +1).
Even if you are multiple persons telling me its better, facts are facts, those are hard numbers properly calculated. Not theory, have you guys even do the math??

You start at a 5 link, doing 100% damage.

You add combustion, you do 29% more. 129%
You add multiple totem, you do 21% less. 79%.

Half of 129% is 64.5%.

Multiple totems gives 2 more totems, everything else can be used in both cases.

If you don't have a +1 totem shield, you go from 2 totems to 4.
If you have a +1 totem shield, you go from 3 totems to 5.

2 * 129% = 258% damage
4 * 79% = 316% damage
In a case where you don't have a +1 totem shield, Multiple totems support does ~19-20% more damage single target than combustion.

3 * 129% = 387%
5 * 79% = 395%
In the case where you do have a +1 totem shield, multiple totems still gives more damage before the -resist is applied.

The -res is valuable if you aren't cursing, there is no doubt about it. It probably does more damage slightly in the majority of cases. However, any source of -fire res decreases the value of combustion relatively, and increases the value of more totems.

That isn't the only benefit of multiple totems. While clearing with multiple totems, two discrete totems are able to target different targets and spread damage across a wider arc, or sometimes even position themselves so as to target mobs in front and behind them at the same time. As you correctly pointed out, one totem is "enough" to kill almost any trash, which is why consolidating your damage into less discrete totems drops your overall clear speed in any case where a single totem can handle a given set of targets. It also means you functionally get 2 "acquisition times" for the cost of 1 cast; each totem cast has an overhead before it becomes functional.

Simply put; besides edge cases with high resistance and no source of -resistance available to you, most of the time multiple totems will do equal damage within a small margin, with either one coming out on top by small amounts. However, multiple totems also has much better quality of life.
Dernière édition par Pathological, le 16 mars 2019 05:52:22
Thx for the quick answers, awesome build :)

can u make a cheap righteous fire/scorching ray build xD ?
How do I deal with mana issues? I have essence worm, just have no regen and putting down a few totems takes all my mana. Loving the build otherwise. Thanks
"
myprism a écrit :
How do I deal with mana issues? I have essence worm, just have no regen and putting down a few totems takes all my mana. Loving the build otherwise. Thanks

Chug more mana pots. You're 6 linked at level 42, the totems are going to have a high mana cost. You could drop to 4 links, I'm still on that at 70 and doing fine. Still need to be mindful of mana but damage isn't a problem with just Herald of Ash running
"
myprism a écrit :

"
PJ1985 a écrit :
Chug more mana pots. You're 6 linked at level 42, the totems are going to have a high mana cost. You could drop to 4 links, I'm still on that at 70 and doing fine. Still need to be mindful of mana but damage isn't a problem with just Herald of Ash running

Okay! That's kind of what I thought, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Seems like Lavianga's Spirit might be a good choice. Thanks for the response!
"
akaelbenpfeil a écrit :
Thx for the quick answers, awesome build :)

can u make a cheap righteous fire/scorching ray build xD ?

Hi!

I could try make a build around that ofc.
Have actually have a new Cyclone build comming up soon :D will be lovely!!

Regards, Mrseanconnor

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires