[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

"
SuperBurgers a écrit :
On helm Vortex cooldown 30% is generally nice for mapping mroe smoothly, but I guess 40% damage is better if you care more about boss killing. I'd probably go for the cooldown myself but haven't got one yet.

Gloves, no idea.

"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
I dont run anything via blasphemy that's why I can squeeze so much in my mana reservation.

Yep that's true, mana reserved is a bit of a blocker. Speaking of I checked the PoB for one of the LL 100s, and it made heavy use of aura boosting and reserved mana reduction nodes allowing Discipline, Clarity (under-leveled), Hatred, Malevolence, and Low Life DPS boosts at once, with Frostbite in a triggered weapon slot.

While the nodes are pretty weak individually what they enable is very strong and the ES is not awful (swapping my tree I come out just ahead due to boosted Discipline effect). It can also run 5 jewels which is very nice, the downside being no Immortal Call CWDT safety harness and I lose some res, but extra jewels can help mitigate that.

It also runs Vaal Righteous Fire, I guess that's just for another MORE DPS boost when necessary.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Toono_o/PhilNineteenNinetyThree?i=0&search=skill%3DVortex

a few days back I was looking at how CI characters boost their dps. mostly atziri mirror playstyle. so I threw that out of the window. looking at the shav's LL poe ninja builds makes it tempting since it looks completely possible. will have to think if I would make the switch, balancing out dps and survivability.
Yeah you have to be careful browsing... I see more than one level 100 with both Pain Attunement and CI selected :D

I think I will definitely make the switch just to try a different keystone and auras.
"
SuperBurgers a écrit :
Yeah you have to be careful browsing... I see more than one level 100 with both Pain Attunement and CI selected :D

I think I will definitely make the switch just to try a different keystone and auras.

might be able to add anywhere between 30-60% increased dps, that's very tantalizing. gonna be sad not to be able to utilize my chest though haha
Whats the best method to get this:

Aul's Uprising
Onyx Amulet

What area do i have to farm?

Yesterday i was up to buy it and recognize the price of it......28ex was the cheapest one :P
"
PattyWin a écrit :
Whats the best method to get this:

Aul's Uprising
Onyx Amulet

What area do i have to farm?

Yesterday i was up to buy it and recognize the price of it......28ex was the cheapest one :P

it is a drop from Aul, in delve. like watcher's eye, it can drop different types. but yes, it is rare, hence the price. I would say, this is not the most important part of the build, dont concentrate on it.

Dernière édition par SonsOfKorhal, le 30 avr. 2019 05:45:55
"
SuperBurgers a écrit :

made the switch to LL. 10.5k ES, 2.3m shaper dps. sold the amulet to get a GG watcher's eye. (maybe could have gone for a +1 or +2 shav's instead haha). build definitely feels fantastic. even with only 85 unreserved mana, I have no problems spamming vortex with the 30% cooldown helm. maps are really fast. although I could switch to a 40% dmg vortex helm, I think I prefer the CD.

I probably could have specc-ed and geared a bit more defensively but I was too lazy to juggle all the eqmt, so I just re-used what I had.
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
SuperBurgers a écrit :

made the switch to LL. 10.5k ES, 2.3m shaper dps. sold the amulet to get a GG watcher's eye. (maybe could have gone for a +1 or +2 shav's instead haha). build definitely feels fantastic. even with only 85 unreserved mana, I have no problems spamming vortex with the 30% cooldown helm. maps are really fast. although I could switch to a 40% dmg vortex helm, I think I prefer the CD.

I probably could have specc-ed and geared a bit more defensively but I was too lazy to juggle all the eqmt, so I just re-used what I had.

Good to hear! I want to as well but have had some issues finding appropriate gear, I think I'm aiming too high for my budget. I need to get res first then damage I suppose. I did swap in Malevolence as an aura for now though instead of Frostbite (putting that on the trigger weapon instead of Orb of Storms).

Also, buying fossils sucks. It takes forever and I keep whiffing D:
"
SuperBurgers a écrit :
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
SuperBurgers a écrit :

Good to hear! I want to as well but have had some issues finding appropriate gear, I think I'm aiming too high for my budget. I need to get res first then damage I suppose. I did swap in Malevolence as an aura for now though instead of Frostbite (putting that on the trigger weapon instead of Orb of Storms).

Also, buying fossils sucks. It takes forever and I keep whiffing D:

I didn't fossil craft anything hehe. I'm just a guy who hates "gambling" and I find there are other ways to min max. Just sort your priorities in order of budget and availability. it's also a game of min max with your skill tree, making up for what your gear lacks and vice versa.

yeah trigger frosbite is better. OOS is not required. as for budget, I definitely think that a non-multimodded wep is sufficient. in such a case, getting a shav's + vortex helm would be the bulk of your cost (maybe 5-10ex total). I dont think there are other "required" gear that are expensive. of course, ES will be a pain to max out on everything else (making it potentially costly), but that's the trade off with dps. otherwise, going a normal CI build like how I did at the start is perfectly fine with very respectable dps.
Dernière édition par SonsOfKorhal, le 30 avr. 2019 22:12:49
I love this build, its very funny and safe but I had a problem when try to kill Uber Elder, had 11k of ES and like 300k of damage but I just can't finish the encounter. I feel like my damage its so low and the grounds covers with the "decay balls" of shaper so I usually die.
Tryed 3 uber elders and all of the 3 couldn't get the boss.
"
Darmonis a écrit :
I love this build, its very funny and safe but I had a problem when try to kill Uber Elder, had 11k of ES and like 300k of damage but I just can't finish the encounter. I feel like my damage its so low and the grounds covers with the "decay balls" of shaper so I usually die.
Tryed 3 uber elders and all of the 3 couldn't get the boss.

hey there welcome to vortex! glad you're having fun with it.

took a look at your tree, I believe I have similar comments to it as with some other posters. you are specc-ed rather ES heavy. if dps is an issue, you might want to consider moving away from some of the ES nodes.

socket a might of the meek, take a look at my tree to see where it goes. that will give some DPS and clear up some SP (unallocating the minion damage nodes and notable passives). use that SP on the right side of your tree, grabbing Lethal Assault, Resourcefulness, Fangs of the Viper, and Entropy. for your Fingers of Frost, you really want to take the left path, the CDOT multiplier is huge. consider dropping Shaper, Potency of Will and the minion damage node there. instead, with might of the meek socketed, transfer the mana regeneration to the passives near Arcane Will. Ash, Frost and Storm near EE also provides good dps and helps balance some resistances out, making your gearing easier. grab more dex and str on your eqmpt so you can free up allocating +30 nodes on your tree. if you are struggling with SP to do the above, de-allocate 5% es nodes such as the one next to Faith and Steel, and the Written in Blood wheel. (Written in Blood wheel can de-allocate 2 SP, and reconnect your tree with the +10 int one near Pain Attunement). at the end of the day these suggestions are to help you efficiently allocate SP based on your gear. you probably will have to do some juggling with your gear as well.

since you have some mana reservation nodes, you should be able to run Malevolence, Aspect, Discipline. grab a Watcher's Eye with Malevolence CDOT, that would be a boost. if you wish to spec more dps, Path of the Savant is not necessary, unallocating the nodes around there would give you 7SP, and they can be used in the passives that are within Might of the Meek radius (near Frost Walker and Arcane Guarding). again take a look at my tree to have an idea.

you might also want to play around with your flask setup. (I have 83 mana unreserved, with vortex on a .86s cooldown costing 65 mana and have no issues with mana regeneration). for mana regeneration also look toward items like these. they help with sustaining your vortex.

hope this helps. you can add me in game if you need more advice :)
Dernière édition par SonsOfKorhal, le 1 mai 2019 12:25:19

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires