[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

Playing this builkd since yesterday and it's realy great =) !

What can i improve ( excluding gems, i need to lvl up them qnad qual)

I have aspect of the spider, wuit a nice ES pool, currently at 10 200, i sacrified a bit of it to have less mana reserved to use aspect of the spider.

I think i can improve my weapon first.

Im laking a bit of dps
Dernière édition par Uriacesjaces, le 27 mars 2019 06:52:28
"
Sherubim a écrit :
"
BundesHeinz a écrit :
"
Sherubim a écrit :

Discipline + Malevolence + Enlighten Support lvl3 + Aspect of the spider
The nodes below Zealots Oath help with mana reservation

Doesn't that leave you with 8% mana, so something like 70? Is that enough?
Also, why is Frostbite bad?

It leaves you with 90% reserved mana (if you take the nodes below Zealots). in my setup this leaves me with 153 mana, which is more than enough. You can skip aspect of the spider but i love the QoL it gives this build.

Yeah, 150 sounds completely satisfactory! But I only have 1055 max mana, nowhere near 1500. How do you get that much?
Maybe you can take a look at my character, profile should be public. The character's Name is ODERINT_DVM_METVANT.

Edit:
I just noticed that the "has the enemy been hit by lightning damage recently" option in PoB doesn't change DoT dps at all and that unallocating EE adds around 100k DoT dps. Does someone know why this is? Is this a bug?
Dernière édition par BundesHeinz, le 27 mars 2019 07:46:07
"

Yeah, 150 sounds completely satisfactory! But I only have 1055 max mana, nowhere near 1500. How do you get that much?
Maybe you can take a look at my character, profile should be public.

I'd recommend some changes on your tree:
1. get rid of Potency of Will + the 2 smaller nodes. Things die way to fast to ever need skill effect duration
2. on the spot of your watcher's eye you took life regen, you can also path through 2 mana nodes there
3. remove the 1 point "reduced mana reserved" and get the wheel below Zealots Oath. That will solve all your mana reservation problems i guess.
4. I strongly recommend removing the 1 point "Dagger Damage and Critical Strike Chance" as this does absolutely nothing for you

And you might want to get a better weapon asap :)

gl
Dernière édition par Sherubim, le 27 mars 2019 08:45:09
I only have max 940 mana and 92 free and manage aspect just fine

I can't spam spells like b4 but since both vortex and cold snap have cool downs it work out just fine. Barely noticeable.

Maybe higher mana generation could help
Okay, I think I got it figured out! Thanks guys!

Regarding the weapon: I have about 5ex banked up. I'm thinking of getting a really nice 400+ ES shield to craft aspect of the spider on - since there you rarely get a lot of good suffixes anyways. This would probably be a 4ex investment alltogether. Or should I postpone that and get a good weapon that will probably eat up all the 5ex?
Dernière édition par BundesHeinz, le 27 mars 2019 10:26:02

Recommendations for upgrades?

Sitting at 12k ES, 191k dot on Vortex. Should I go for more damage somehow?
No idea why people aint taking Soul thief node, it only cost 3 passive points and give a bit more ES and leech. You can respec 3 6% es nodes to reach it.
I'm kinda noob still, but I actually had my tree respected trough there, however they say the dot damage can't ES leech.

Do you guys still use curses like enfeeble and aspect for the uber/shaper and the final guardians fights considering they are mostly immune to curses?
Maybe a better setup can be recommended, like malevolence instead of enfeeble?

Dernière édition par snowmittens, le 27 mars 2019 13:11:50
Just wanted to say thank you for the build as it has halped me enjoy PoE a lot.

I also hate to be that guy but if anyone has any spare gear I'd highly appreciate it. Currently running at 4K ES :(
So this is what I currently have as far as a final tree goes: https://pastebin.com/NBKxSMSF

I am currently level 90 so the 100 mark is slowly creeping within reach. I've tried to optimize as best I can, made some changes here and there obviously. I am really missing the Shaper node but I am at a loss as to what I can drop to pick it up, and not even 100% sure if I really need it? Once I grab aspect of the spider I feel like I'm going to miss that mana regen. The energy shield node near Arcane Focus could go, but other than that...not sure?

Anyway, just trying to get ideas from people, maybe see if I really messed up pathing somewhere or made some bad choices as far as nodes go. I know Potency of Will is popular but outside of bosses I see zero need for it, mobs die in 1-shot or almost immediately after you drop your Vortex anyway, and most bosses are easy enough since you can just run in circles around them.

Advice appreciated as always :P

Also, the gear in the PoB is not accurate. Not that it matters since I'm more focusing on the tree itself.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires