[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

Ensnaring arrow is amazing, slapped a ballista support at it,

1. set up ensnare balista
2. click puncture
3. stroll arround the area as you watch the boss die from 1 puncture

i wonder if you can make a full buil with just ensnare
PoEDB finally datamined new influenced mods. There's quite a LOT of extra DoT multiplier which boosts bleed even further. There's plenty of other useful mods too, making it much harder to optimize well. I'll update the end game bow and quiver later on, depends how well i'm doing pushing the SSFHC ladder.

"
grimmheart911 a écrit :
Spoiler
Ensnaring arrow is amazing, slapped a ballista support at it,

1. set up ensnare balista
2. click puncture
3. stroll arround the area as you watch the boss die from 1 puncture

i wonder if you can make a full buil with just ensnare

It's probably impossible. Ensnaring Arrow slow procs only if the projectile ends (to my understanding). That means any sort of pierce which is necessary for decent clear will prevent you from applying the slow and "is moving" tag. That's also the reason why we must socket Pierce support in Split Arrow.

For Ensnaring Arrow + Ballista, i honestly don't mind the combo. Problem is getting extra space for gems, i already planned out something for all gem slots.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
What about going for a Balista bleed build?

Your utility attack

Ensaring Arrow - Mirage Archer - Curse on hit - Vulneralbillity - LMP / GMP - Culling strike

And your main dmg source would be (5 totems).

Puncture - Ballista Totem - LMP - Deadly Ailments - Vicous Projectiles - Brutallity

Would something like this be possible?

Dernière édition par Immow, le 14 déc. 2019 17:30:44
can you show your split arrow/puncture build?
cause what you are showing now is a Balista build.
"
Immow a écrit :
Spoiler
What about going for a Balista bleed build?

Your utility attack

Ensaring Arrow - Mirage Archer - Curse on hit - Vulneralbillity - LMP / GMP - Culling strike

And your main dmg source would be (5 totems).

Puncture - Ballista Totem - LMP - Deadly Ailments - Vicous Projectiles - Brutallity

Would something like this be possible?

I think you messaged me in-game yesterday. I'll quickly answer again.

Ensnaring Arrow cannot clear well due to necessity of using pierce, which renders the utility impossible to apply (to my knowledge, gotta check tomorrow tbh).

Puncture Ballista setup is also awful damage wise (~50% less damage) and will clear very, very slowly on top (~30-35% of your normal attack speed). Only Siege Ballista is kind of worth using, but it's still suboptimal to self-cast Puncture. No, bleed from different totems don't stack. It still follows the usual rules.

"
saifoh a écrit :
can you show your split arrow/puncture build?
cause what you are showing now is a Balista build.

Look at the patch number, the videos were uploaded one year ago. The build didn't change much mechanically until this league where it's a completely new build. I don't have well optimized character to show off the build right now. I might try record one or two videos tomorrow.

Currently i'm pushing SSFHC ladder with my primary build, that's why i'm so low on time to do updates.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 15 déc. 2019 22:17:46
Having a lot of fun with the new version of this build right now. Seems very powerful.

I'm using ballista support with ensnare and greater multiple projectiles, just for quality of life. Am I overlooking something that would discourage going this route rather than self-casing ensnare? I suck at aiming so it's kind of nice having the ballista do all the work.
I'v never used puncture but I kinda want to try it. Why cant you just use puncture for clear too? you cant just swap in GMP or something and be fine?
"
DotsandDashes a écrit :
I'v never used puncture but I kinda want to try it. Why cant you just use puncture for clear too? you cant just swap in GMP or something and be fine?

Puncture itself is very sluggish (70% base speed), and you'd probably hate to use it as your main clearing skill. Split arrow also gets up to 8 projectiles without needing a support gem, and has faster projectile speed.
December 16th, 2019
Equipment:
* Updated bow and quiver sections. Still needs more work, but this should suffice for now.

Crafting Section:
* Quiver crafting updated, now uses Hunter's influence.
* Bow section updated, but end game bow crafting is not there yet. Technically you still need to do same thing as before, roll as many times Corroded + Jagged until you're happy with it, but many times more to have ultimate weapon.

"
Adhesive33 a écrit :
Spoiler
Having a lot of fun with the new version of this build right now. Seems very powerful.

I'm using ballista support with ensnare and greater multiple projectiles, just for quality of life. Am I overlooking something that would discourage going this route rather than self-casing ensnare? I suck at aiming so it's kind of nice having the ballista do all the work.

There's simply not enough links to have all perfect setups. You gotta sacrifice something. I replied to similar comment not long ago.

I prefer Mirage Archer over ballista because he can't die. If you like ballistas, it's fine too i guess.

"
DotsandDashes a écrit :

I also answered this question not long ago i believe. People were blinded in Legion after they saw Puncture's damage increase and made some builds around it. However they didn't have nearly as much experience as i do and open mind to fix the issues. They used Puncture with GMP like you suggest. This is the result:

It's a build
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 16 déc. 2019 11:40:57
I was thinking about a build like this and here's a thread about it. Has anyone used Arrow Nova Support for ensnaring arrow? Might be better from an AOE/clearing point of view.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires