[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

"
Nico89 a écrit :
Im a beginner to this game still.. So a question

What is the estimated damage in end game with this? With lets say a few ex worth of gear? Im new, so just looking around and I saw this one glad bleed build on PoB that uses split arrow and has 60 million dps on puncture (which seems insane?) But only 828k with split arrow, this of course with good gear.

When I see your build I dont see any numbers like that at all, its 300k on puncture and 70k on rain of arrows, but both seems to perform similarly, what am I missing? Thats with the original gear on your PoB and its worth an ex or two as well right?

Those builds likely use the unique helm assailum which gives a skill called snipe which is channeled and does huge damage, but also the settings within POB are very important and can be used to inflate the numbers (which those build guides do).
I'd like to highlight a few things I found important when playing this build in 3.12:

Having Elreon's -mana cost crafts on jewellery is SUPER useful. While progressing through the Atlas there's going to be a lot of Baran influenced maps and encounters with him, and the ground effect just sucks with a low mana build like this. Mana drops to zero quickly and the low mana regen causes a long delay before you can attack and leech a bit back. I ended up using a mana flask on some occasions which I don't consider optimal.

With the high tier craft in 3 items and life + mana quality, Rain of Arrows and Puncture become free to use, which also allows reserving all mana. I used the additional reservation for Flesh and Stone, which is again much more useful in both defense and offense than Blood and Sand. Also no-regen maps become pretty easy to complete.

The craft doesn't help with Snipe, so in the Assailum version you need some reduced reservation, but Rain of Arrows is still free and Baran isn't even an annoyance.

Then Vulnerability on hit shouldn't be too expensive to get either in rings or in a glove corruption. Speeds up clear a lot, and no need to use an additional skill to curse on hit bosses. For Ensnaring Arrow I recommend totems. Easy to spam now and then and no need to aim at an enemy.

And in endgame, the most useful upgrade was Replica Farrul's Fur. It's probably going to be more expensive now that Heist isn't the main content, but it's so huge defensive and offensive boost that everyone should target to get it. If you play efficiently and know what you are doing you will be able to afford one. Permanent frenzy charges are a big boost for bossing damage, and endurance charges give needed extra survivability. I don't think I really died during normal mapping after getting one around level 95, other content is of course a different thing.
"
basta1982 a écrit :
Getting a decent amount of physical mitigation for evasion/dodge-based builds has become a lot more easy as well. Not too long ago you pretty much had no physical mitigation as a "right-side-build" at all. These days you can generate endurance charges pretty easily, you got all these physical damage as elemental damage affixes, a basalt flask, the "outmatch and outlast"-node and so on...

Precisely. Evasion was a meme for a long time, "Evasion is great until it's not and you die in one shot". Of course it's easier to complain than to solve problem which isn't hard in the first place - get more life/damage mitigation.

"
Nico89 a écrit :
Spoiler
Im a beginner to this game still.. So a question

What is the estimated damage in end game with this? With lets say a few ex worth of gear? Im new, so just looking around and I saw this one glad bleed build on PoB that uses split arrow and has 60 million dps on puncture (which seems insane?) But only 828k with split arrow, this of course with good gear.

When I see your build I dont see any numbers like that at all, its 300k on puncture and 70k on rain of arrows, but both seems to perform similarly, what am I missing? Thats with the original gear on your PoB and its worth an ex or two as well right?

smallpurplemonjk's answer is on spot. PoB warriors exist. They tick boxes for unrealistic scenarios, often impossible to get higher numbers. If SOMEHOW the numbers are true, then they're probably thinner than paper and will die to any monster. IIRC it's possible to achieve roughly 10-15 million dps on average with not terrible (but still bad) defences and rest is full offensively. I don't really check other people's builds (especially SC) so i don't know exact ceiling.

To note, my PoB doesn't have "enemies are moving" ticked so damage values are halved. No offensive aura by default (so players can choose) which further lowers actual damage output.

"
Rubinjo a écrit :
Spoiler
I'd like to highlight a few things I found important when playing this build in 3.12:

Having Elreon's -mana cost crafts on jewellery is SUPER useful. While progressing through the Atlas there's going to be a lot of Baran influenced maps and encounters with him, and the ground effect just sucks with a low mana build like this. Mana drops to zero quickly and the low mana regen causes a long delay before you can attack and leech a bit back. I ended up using a mana flask on some occasions which I don't consider optimal.

With the high tier craft in 3 items and life + mana quality, Rain of Arrows and Puncture become free to use, which also allows reserving all mana. I used the additional reservation for Flesh and Stone, which is again much more useful in both defense and offense than Blood and Sand. Also no-regen maps become pretty easy to complete.

The craft doesn't help with Snipe, so in the Assailum version you need some reduced reservation, but Rain of Arrows is still free and Baran isn't even an annoyance.

Then Vulnerability on hit shouldn't be too expensive to get either in rings or in a glove corruption. Speeds up clear a lot, and no need to use an additional skill to curse on hit bosses. For Ensnaring Arrow I recommend totems. Easy to spam now and then and no need to aim at an enemy.

And in endgame, the most useful upgrade was Replica Farrul's Fur. It's probably going to be more expensive now that Heist isn't the main content, but it's so huge defensive and offensive boost that everyone should target to get it. If you play efficiently and know what you are doing you will be able to afford one. Permanent frenzy charges are a big boost for bossing damage, and endurance charges give needed extra survivability. I don't think I really died during normal mapping after getting one around level 95, other content is of course a different thing.

They're all pretty good tips and i cover most of them, except Ensnaring Arrow imo. Totems can't curse and EA - Barrage - CoH - Vulnerability simply works without any specific gear. Also works for accumulating challenger stacks very quickly on bosses.

-X Mana i don't mention despite using it myself last time. Not really necessary for Baran - you can always use Vaal RoA which costs no mana to quickly leech it back. Later i'm too fast for those runes to ever bother me. Craft itself is hard to get and would require using a crafting service which i would rather avoid recommending.

Vulnerability on Hit and Replica Farrul's Fur is already covered in the guide.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 15 janv. 2021 13:45:47
hey just a quick qeustion is it possible to switch rain of arrows with spilt arrow because i dont enjoy rain of arrows very much
"
Frostreiter a écrit :
hey just a quick qeustion is it possible to switch rain of arrows with spilt arrow because i dont enjoy rain of arrows very much

FAQ: I don't like Rain of Arrows, can i use Split Arrow instead?
A: While not advised, yes you can do it. However you must link it with Pierce or Chain support. Without these supports, it won't clear well.

Rain of Arrows is simply much more versatile without giving up too much damage.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
thank you ^^
"
DankawSL a écrit :

"
Rubinjo a écrit :
Spoiler

They're all pretty good tips and i cover most of them, except Ensnaring Arrow imo. Totems can't curse and EA - Barrage - CoH - Vulnerability simply works without any specific gear. Also works for accumulating challenger stacks very quickly on bosses.

-X Mana i don't mention despite using it myself last time. Not really necessary for Baran - you can always use Vaal RoA which costs no mana to quickly leech it back. Later i'm too fast for those runes to ever bother me. Craft itself is hard to get and would require using a crafting service which i would rather avoid recommending.

Vulnerability on Hit and Replica Farrul's Fur is already covered in the guide.

Yep well covered in the guide, just wanted to highlight those exact things for anyone starting this in the new league :)

Vaal RoA, actually didn't think of that back then that it's mana free, good to know! And totems in my example of course go with Vuln on hit on items.

And thanks for the guide overall, especially the leveling section and act by act guidelines are very helpful even for players with multiple years experience!
"
DankawSL a écrit :
50% bleed chance saves 1 passive point and effectively gives little bit more damage.

Which one bleed chance node you think to ignore with new changes? All of them looks pretty strong with its other bonuses (bleed damage, bleed speed, physical damage).
What about bleed chance over 100%? Is it reasonable?
Thanks for your answers!
Is there a pastebin URL?
can you update POB? im getting error when importing

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires