[3.6] Tahreyn's 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable

Well, now i can see the build is really solid. Yesterday i get the red Elder super super easy and the 4 Shaper Guardian with only cruel lab anf 73% of block w/ Rumi and 4.9k HP.

So i was thinking, Reckless Defense isnt a viable option to get near the 100% block?

My gear atm:

"
AllNighty a écrit :
Hey friend, how are you doing?

This build looks rad, I'm running it @delve on low budget. It is working wonders, im glad to play a Gladiator, was really looking forward to it.

Btw, I dropped a Snakebite gloves, can I use it in this build? What would be the optimal setup for it? Cyclone with blood magic and what are the other gem options? I'm looking for a double claw, probably going to buy one (cause mana issues you know).

I also dropped HoP in order to play smoothly, a lot of mana was reserved so I wasn't really enjoying spinning around and running low on mana. It didn't make any difference at all since all my damage comes from the agony crawler.

Cheers mate, keep up with the good work!

I'm pretty good thanks, how are you?

I probably wouldn't use snakebite. The main benefit you'd get would be the extra chance to poison, and you're already at 80% with HoAg + Poison support. Until you find a decent Gemini claw I'd go for cyclone-bloodmagic-lgoh-poison. That should make it able for you to reach red maps and beyond.

"
Well, now i can see the build is really solid. Yesterday i get the red Elder super super easy and the 4 Shaper Guardian with only cruel lab anf 73% of block w/ Rumi and 4.9k HP.

So i was thinking, Reckless Defense isnt a viable option to get near the 100% block?

My gear atm:
Spoiler

I imported your character to PoB and after changing your foiled Red Nightmare to a normal one you sit at 70% block unbuffed. For some reason PoB doens't like the foiled one =\

With a few more levels (for the 3 block nodes giving 6% block) and merciless (another 2%) you should sit at a comfortable 78% chance to to block. This should be good enough until you either get an Anvil with the block corruption, or a pair of gloves with block.

I wouldn't go for a reckless defence as one of the biggest dangers of dying is getting 1 hit, and taking more critical hits is not the way to go.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
"
AllNighty a écrit :
Hey friend, how are you doing?

This build looks rad, I'm running it @delve on low budget. It is working wonders, im glad to play a Gladiator, was really looking forward to it.

Btw, I dropped a Snakebite gloves, can I use it in this build? What would be the optimal setup for it? Cyclone with blood magic and what are the other gem options? I'm looking for a double claw, probably going to buy one (cause mana issues you know).

I also dropped HoP in order to play smoothly, a lot of mana was reserved so I wasn't really enjoying spinning around and running low on mana. It didn't make any difference at all since all my damage comes from the agony crawler.

Cheers mate, keep up with the good work!

I'm pretty good thanks, how are you?

I probably wouldn't use snakebite. The main benefit you'd get would be the extra chance to poison, and you're already at 80% with HoAg + Poison support. Until you find a decent Gemini claw I'd go for cyclone-bloodmagic-lgoh-poison. That should make it able for you to reach red maps and beyond.

"

My gear atm:
Spoiler

I imported your character to PoB and after changing your foiled Red Nightmare to a normal one you sit at 70% block unbuffed. For some reason PoB doens't like the foiled one =\

With a few more levels (for the 3 block nodes giving 6% block) and merciless (another 2%) you should sit at a comfortable 78% chance to to block. This should be good enough until you either get an Anvil with the block corruption, or a pair of gloves with block.

I wouldn't go for a reckless defence as one of the biggest dangers of dying is getting 1 hit, and taking more critical hits is not the way to go.
Builds:
Got the build up to level 94 and its been going well. Ive been farming red Elder and ~400 delves with this extremely safely. I got extremely lucky with my watcher's eyes, so ill probably start investing heavily into this build now that i finally got a headhunter for another build.

Things ive noted as ive been focused on bossing:

Withering touch on cyclone is a large dps increase, but ive ran out of mana several times despite having a Gemini claw. The mana feels completely fine in packs of 3+, but a bit rough on bosses. I could do longer cyclones, but then you are locked in and dont have enough control to dodge thing. I switched Withering touch out for Bloodmagic. An imperial claw will give me 8 more life per hit and a base attack speed of 1.6 compared to 1.5, but i may still keep my gemini claw since the mana on hit is really nice for my utility skills on no regen maps. With 3-4 stacks of wither, you get 18-24 increased chaos damage taken.

Curse on hit Enfeeble (or temp chains) + tempest shield feels a whole lot squishier than blasphemy enfeeble. It probably would feel bad if the cyclone applied the curse on hit, but curse on block means that ~18% of the melee hits have a chance to hit me for full damage/crit multi. Since im using bloodmagic in my cyclone, i can run blasphemy, herald of agony, and hatred in an essence worm with 6% mana to spare. This setup is much better for mapping and fighting lots of general mobs, but it has much less dps on bosses. I can get around that with a gem/weapon swap back to cure on hit/herald of purity for bosses. The expensive end game solution to this will probably be getting a curse on hit corruption to my gloves and running herald of purity or going dual curse.

Shield - Ive looked into it more, and I agree with you that the max block corruption is more important than the shaper life gain. For general mapping and bossing, the %life gained on block is a bit overkill. Im getting over 100 life back for each hit per mob, so the lifegain is pretty significant even for solo bosses (1k+ per second). The things that threaten me are either degens, or bosses that move quickly and hit hard. Lioneye's is great due to its high block chance and tons of life, but the 5% movement speed hurts it a ton in high mobility fights and mapping.

I may eventually try to corrupt an overkill rare shield for max block, but uniques seem like the better way to start out. Outside of Lioneye's, there are a few couple of shields that are helpful to the build.

Vix Lunaris - It doesnt have the raw defensive stats that Lionseye has, but it gives you cannot be frozen and extra protection from cold damage. This is really nice in delve due to the bug things that can deal a high amount of cold damage on death. Not the best, but a very cheap shield that provides a high quality of life. Unfortunately there isnt a great use for its free empower, but you can use it to get a better curse potentially.

Victario's Charity - This shield has terrible block and average life, but it has a few resists and gives your agony crawler frenzy charges. 45% attack speed, 12% more damage, and 15% increased movement speed are great for the crawler. It is also easy to buy the max block corruption on this because its commonly used by other minion builds (and they dont value block).

Lioneye's is probably still the best in terms of survival since it gives high block chance and high life. A rare delve shield with block chance, life, life/%life, and %life on block would be better, but the odds of getting that and the right corruption are extremely low.
"
ADM0N a écrit :
Got the build up to level 94 and its been going well. Ive been farming red Elder and ~400 delves with this extremely safely. I got extremely lucky with my watcher's eyes, so ill probably start investing heavily into this build now that i finally got a headhunter for another build.

Things ive noted as ive been focused on bossing:

Withering touch on cyclone is a large dps increase, but ive ran out of mana several times despite having a Gemini claw. The mana feels completely fine in packs of 3+, but a bit rough on bosses. I could do longer cyclones, but then you are locked in and dont have enough control to dodge thing. I switched Withering touch out for Bloodmagic. An imperial claw will give me 8 more life per hit and a base attack speed of 1.6 compared to 1.5, but i may still keep my gemini claw since the mana on hit is really nice for my utility skills on no regen maps. With 3-4 stacks of wither, you get 18-24 increased chaos damage taken.

Curse on hit Enfeeble (or temp chains) + tempest shield feels a whole lot squishier than blasphemy enfeeble. It probably would feel bad if the cyclone applied the curse on hit, but curse on block means that ~18% of the melee hits have a chance to hit me for full damage/crit multi. Since im using bloodmagic in my cyclone, i can run blasphemy, herald of agony, and hatred in an essence worm with 6% mana to spare. This setup is much better for mapping and fighting lots of general mobs, but it has much less dps on bosses. I can get around that with a gem/weapon swap back to cure on hit/herald of purity for bosses. The expensive end game solution to this will probably be getting a curse on hit corruption to my gloves and running herald of purity or going dual curse.

Shield - Ive looked into it more, and I agree with you that the max block corruption is more important than the shaper life gain. For general mapping and bossing, the %life gained on block is a bit overkill. Im getting over 100 life back for each hit per mob, so the lifegain is pretty significant even for solo bosses (1k+ per second). The things that threaten me are either degens, or bosses that move quickly and hit hard. Lioneye's is great due to its high block chance and tons of life, but the 5% movement speed hurts it a ton in high mobility fights and mapping.

I may eventually try to corrupt an overkill rare shield for max block, but uniques seem like the better way to start out. Outside of Lioneye's, there are a few couple of shields that are helpful to the build.

Vix Lunaris - It doesnt have the raw defensive stats that Lionseye has, but it gives you cannot be frozen and extra protection from cold damage. This is really nice in delve due to the bug things that can deal a high amount of cold damage on death. Not the best, but a very cheap shield that provides a high quality of life. Unfortunately there isnt a great use for its free empower, but you can use it to get a better curse potentially.

Victario's Charity - This shield has terrible block and average life, but it has a few resists and gives your agony crawler frenzy charges. 45% attack speed, 12% more damage, and 15% increased movement speed are great for the crawler. It is also easy to buy the max block corruption on this because its commonly used by other minion builds (and they dont value block).

Lioneye's is probably still the best in terms of survival since it gives high block chance and high life. A rare delve shield with block chance, life, life/%life, and %life on block would be better, but the odds of getting that and the right corruption are extremely low.

So, in your setup The Scourge would not be better? I mean, idk if the 2% leech works better than life gain on hit, probably not, but we already have life gain on hit in cyclone setup and the minion damage in this claw would be a great boost to the Crawler. The only problem, as you said, will be the non-regen maps cuz the claw dont leech mana.

What you guys think?
nice build i think it is very safe from start league and can even pump to uber Elder

the only problem that i have is about the color sockets in CC, is it better to buy a 6L and force the colors in bench or should i try to get the colors with jewels in bench and then try to 6L with fusings?

also atziri's mirror is a nice thing while you struggle with the passive tree and jewels
also what are your thoughts in vaal skills? i know it is a bit cramped with sockets but i think vaal haste can give a good bump in damage no?
Dernière édition par Dragoon_Diver, le 5 oct. 2018 15:23:55
"
So, in your setup The Scourge would not be better? I mean, idk if the 2% leech works better than life gain on hit, probably not, but we already have life gain on hit in cyclone setup and the minion damage in this claw would be a great boost to the Crawler. The only problem, as you said, will be the non-regen maps cuz the claw dont leech mana.

What you guys think?

I do so little damage by myself that the 2% leach will be next to no life recovery. Id rather have life gained on hit. It has good attack speed, acceptable minion damage, and up to 15% minion attack speed. Overall its not bad (and a good target for corruptions), but i think id rather have a good life gained on hit claw made with bound fossils (75-80% minion damage).
Hey

pretty nice build. Just killed Shaper today, got lvl 93 with it, bought a new helmet and had a lucky fusing.

instead of going with Herald of Purity im using boots with Fortify and sockelt my cyclon in it with poison lgoh and faster attacks in the gloves im using molten strike for single target to get the lgoh going if there is any degen. My essencen worm got replaced with a life/resist ring since i just use one herald.

im currious if you tested The Surrender with the +6% block chance and the 1.5k armour on block it has more armour and block chance, but less life then lioneye's and you get 250 life on block.
"
ADM0N a écrit :

As long as you are not always doing minimum distance spins then you should get more than enough mana from the gemini claw, so you can try to do slightly longer spins and see if that works for you. Otherwise you'll need to use Blood Magic as you say.

"
ADM0N a écrit :

With the ~5s duration on the curse it will be up on stronger targets most of the time, except that first hit that is. Running a blasphemy would be a good option to HoP, it shouldn't be impossible either to replace the block corruption on the anvil with a +1 curse.

"
ADM0N a écrit :

the -5% movement speed is a pain with lioneye's, yet for what you get with the shield I can live with it. While mapping I use an Alchemist's Quicksilver flask of Adrenaline for some decent movement speed. If you need the affix on the quicksilver for some immunity then I'd recommend to keep one in the bag for those maps when it's needed.

The Victario's Charity could be a really nice damage boost for the crawler. Did you get to try it out yet?

"
Dragoon_Diver a écrit :
nice build i think it is very safe from start league and can even pump to uber Elder

the only problem that i have is about the color sockets in CC, is it better to buy a 6L and force the colors in bench or should i try to get the colors with jewels in bench and then try to 6L with fusings?
Spoiler

also atziri's mirror is a nice thing while you struggle with the passive tree and jewels
also what are your thoughts in vaal skills? i know it is a bit cramped with sockets but i think vaal haste can give a good bump in damage no?

If you are happy with 4 off colours then the cheapest option is probably to buy a 6L (or do a live search with 5 off colours and see what that will get you). For 5 Off colours then I'd consider using the jewelers trick instead, get 3g 1r and then spend those 70+10 jewelers per try in order to hit either green or red for the last colour.

"
RaartAughorbag a écrit :
Hey

pretty nice build. Just killed Shaper today, got lvl 93 with it, bought a new helmet and had a lucky fusing.

instead of going with Herald of Purity im using boots with Fortify and sockelt my cyclon in it with poison lgoh and faster attacks in the gloves im using molten strike for single target to get the lgoh going if there is any degen. My essencen worm got replaced with a life/resist ring since i just use one herald.

im currious if you tested The Surrender with the +6% block chance and the 1.5k armour on block it has more armour and block chance, but less life then lioneye's and you get 250 life on block.

Good job with the shaper kill.

I have looked at it, but with all the life gain on hit we get in packs, it would be very seldom that you actually need the extra life gained on block. On a boss you usually don't block that often, and thus I am not a fan of the life on block mechanic. It is still a good shield though, even if it's harder to get the +1 to maximum block chance on.
Builds:
Hi,

Does the agony minion need accuracy or does it has 100% to hit always (like spells do) ?

Ty

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires