[3.6] Tahreyn's 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable

"
Nirdana a écrit :
]

Hi, i had the same feeling about calamity.
Firstly i used a rare helmet with + minion gems and minion damage support (also you can get a helmet with essence of insanity). But then i realised that 8,7k hp is not needed that much (you are already invincible if you dont stand in degen) so i obtained skin of the lords with +1 corruption. Your pet is also 28lvl as with calamity (counting with empower 4) which is massive boost (level scaling is from my calmculations better than another support gem). You also gets 100% increased armour and the colours and links are just there.
The lioneye's vision would also be great or any 6l rare armour (you can craft them for 35c and then corrupt for +1 if you want).

With the helmet you would have somewhere around 44% unreserved mana on 7L HoA.

And for the shield i feel like The surrender would be much better option here, it has much more armour, almost same life gained on block, no increased
maximum resistance though.

I considered the skin chest, but I wanted some life from my chest. I decided to go with Lioneye's Vision.

I considered The Surrender, but 5% of 5k is 250, which is the same as Surrender. I project having much more life than that, so I'll get more recovery. Also, yeah, the +1 max res is great. I also crafted it myself with fossils I found, so it's cool to use something like that :)

My links are HOAg - Damage on Full Life - Vic Proj - Vile Toxins - Minion Damage - Pierce (from armour) - Maim/empower (after I get 6L)

Running Hatred + Purity of Elements (See watcher's eye)

Edit: Level 71 and for the time being fully geared. (just need to 6L chest)
Spoiler
Dernière édition par Gryphenprey, le 22 oct. 2018 02:21:42
"
widneycrs a écrit :
Hi,

I did this build and was the easiest uber elder of my life.

Thanks for the build!

Nice! I hope rngesus was with you with the drops ;)

"
Zoda_Jones a écrit :

I've been eying your build for a while and I just corrupted this yesterday. I know it interferes with the CoH setup, but do you think it would be worth it to go for a dual curse setup? Additional curse anvil is pretty cheap, but then no block corruption, and not sure if Windshriek worths it.

You should be able to reach 82/82 even without the block anvil corruption, you'll probably just need to add some from the tree and see if you can get 1% block on jewels too. You'll get some extra dmg from the vuln, but as far as I've been able to read there should be a ~40-60% phys to chaos conversion for the agony crawler, so the dmg boost wouldn't be as high as it could've been. Yet in the end I'd probably see the vuln as "free damage" and perhaps skip the 2nd curse setup for some warcries or something.

"
Gryphenprey a écrit :

I considered the skin chest, but I wanted some life from my chest. I decided to go with Lioneye's Vision.

I considered The Surrender, but 5% of 5k is 250, which is the same as Surrender. I project having much more life than that, so I'll get more recovery. Also, yeah, the +1 max res is great. I also crafted it myself with fossils I found, so it's cool to use something like that :)

My links are HOAg - Damage on Full Life - Vic Proj - Vile Toxins - Minion Damage - Pierce (from armour) - Maim/empower (after I get 6L)

Running Hatred + Purity of Elements (See watcher's eye)

Edit: Level 71 and for the time being fully geared. (just need to 6L chest)
Spoiler

It'll be a tight fit for the mana reserved when you get the 6L, but as long as you go for Maim instead of empower you should be left with 2-4% mana unreserved ;)

If you can afford it you really should try to get a level 21 q 20 HoAg gem. As you're not using the calamity you'll go from 3% as per virulence to 4% AS per virulence when you get the level 21 gem. Although just spending the 3c for a 20/20 gem will take you a long way.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
"
Tahreyn a écrit :

It'll be a tight fit for the mana reserved when you get the 6L, but as long as you go for Maim instead of empower you should be left with 2-4% mana unreserved ;)

If you can afford it you really should try to get a level 21 q 20 HoAg gem. As you're not using the calamity you'll go from 3% as per virulence to 4% AS per virulence when you get the level 21 gem. Although just spending the 3c for a 20/20 gem will take you a long way.

Yeah, I broke myself getting the gear pieces together, but a 21/20 HOAg is on my to-buy list. (I suppose a cheap 20/20 in the meantime is probably warranted)

I will have 1% unreserved mana if I go with Empower 4 if I also use Enlighten 4 with Hatred+Purity. This will also cost me a jewel slot with Conqueror's Efficiency. I can use Maim/Added Fire and free up a jewel slot otherwise.

Do you know which would be better between maim, empower, and added fire?

Thanks!

Currently projecting 7.4k life + 5 Endurance charges (Manual casting EC with instant WC nodes) at level 90 with this gear.
"
Gryphenprey a écrit :

Yeah, I broke myself getting the gear pieces together, but a 21/20 HOAg is on my to-buy list. (I suppose a cheap 20/20 in the meantime is probably warranted)

I will have 1% unreserved mana if I go with Empower 4 if I also use Enlighten 4 with Hatred+Purity. This will also cost me a jewel slot with Conqueror's Efficiency. I can use Maim/Added Fire and free up a jewel slot otherwise.

Do you know which would be better between maim, empower, and added fire?

Thanks!

Currently projecting 7.4k life + 5 Endurance charges (Manual casting EC with instant WC nodes) at level 90 with this gear.

If you go with 1% unreserved mana then I believe that it'll be quite hard to cast your warcries, so even if Emp4 would be slightly better than Maim in raw dmg I'd still stick with maim. However, as long as you don't get a +1 to socketed gems corruption on your body armour I believe that maim will be the stronger dps option eitherway.
Builds:
"
Tahreyn a écrit :

If you go with 1% unreserved mana then I believe that it'll be quite hard to cast your warcries, so even if Emp4 would be slightly better than Maim in raw dmg I'd still stick with maim. However, as long as you don't get a +1 to socketed gems corruption on your body armour I believe that maim will be the stronger dps option eitherway.

I'm pretty sure I've settled on Maim. It essentially gets me more life anyways (No need for Conqueror's Efficiency). Also, my links in all my gear slots aren't optimal yet, but, I'm probably just going to link Blood magic to Tempest shield + Enduring Cry + Inc Duration, so mana won't be an issue, similarly I have BM on Cyclone.

Gonna level this guy up a lot today hopefully, I'll detail some of the progress I've made with it here. Build looks fun and I'm a fan of block builds.
"
Gryphenprey a écrit :
"
Nirdana a écrit :
]

Hi, i had the same feeling about calamity.
Firstly i used a rare helmet with + minion gems and minion damage support (also you can get a helmet with essence of insanity). But then i realised that 8,7k hp is not needed that much (you are already invincible if you dont stand in degen) so i obtained skin of the lords with +1 corruption. Your pet is also 28lvl as with calamity (counting with empower 4) which is massive boost (level scaling is from my calmculations better than another support gem). You also gets 100% increased armour and the colours and links are just there.
The lioneye's vision would also be great or any 6l rare armour (you can craft them for 35c and then corrupt for +1 if you want).

With the helmet you would have somewhere around 44% unreserved mana on 7L HoA.

And for the shield i feel like The surrender would be much better option here, it has much more armour, almost same life gained on block, no increased
maximum resistance though.

Yes i agree that you gain more life gained on block, but from my experience it is not needed, you have great amount of life gianed on hit through cyclone and still can afk in the middle of the pack of mosnters. I only go with the surrender becouse it gives me around 10k armour (with skin, and block recently) which is huuuuge phys reduction.
For the elemental encounter the 1% extra resist would be definetly better.

"
Tahreyn a écrit :
even if Emp4 would be slightly better than Maim in raw dmg I'd still stick with maim. However, as long as you don't get a +1 to socketed gems corruption on your body armour I believe that maim will be the stronger dps option eitherway.

If my calculations are correct (and i doubt, that they are :D) Main adds only 30% more phys damage (and a little increase), but empower 4 gives you from level 21HoG to 24lvl HoG 39% more damage (phys and also chaos). Also you get from level 24 (starts on 23) 21% increased damage per stack instead of 20%, for the extra 10% mana multiplier though.

Calculation was made with base crawler damage (level 23 - 1100 damage with scaling like damage per virulence stacks ((i found this in "[3.4] FunRoom's Crit Herald of Agony PathFinder [7000HP] 1100 base damage + 3600 full stacks = GG")) and with idea that the damage is converted to chaos at 40%.
Dernière édition par Nirdana, le 22 oct. 2018 10:36:04
Thanks OP for awesome build, did the easiest Uber Elder of my career just then and got this

My gear for reference:
"
Nirdana a écrit :

If my calculations are correct (and i doubt, that they are :D) Main adds only 30% more phys damage (and a little increase), but empower 4 gives you from level 21HoG to 24lvl HoG 39% more damage (phys and also chaos). Also you get from level 24 (starts on 23) 21% increased damage per stack instead of 20%, for the extra 10% mana multiplier though.

Calculation was made with base crawler damage (level 23 - 1100 damage with scaling like damage per virulence stacks ((i found this in "[3.4] FunRoom's Crit Herald of Agony PathFinder [7000HP] 1100 base damage + 3600 full stacks = GG")) and with idea that the damage is converted to chaos at 40%.

The added damage you get from empower would be a guessing game until GGG releases the crawlers base damage and attack speed. Maim would however net you about 35% more damage in the end, depending on your setup. So if emp4 is actually around 39% dmg then it's a very expensive minor upgrade. Also, you do get the slow from maim.

"
pathofexile003 a écrit :
Thanks OP for awesome build, did the easiest Uber Elder of my career just then and got this

My pleasure! Good job on the kill and congrats :)
Builds:
I think this build might win the award for the cheapest Uber Elder viable build out there. Can be done on a 5L (I was using Minion Speed which doesn't do anything for this fight), no expensive Watcher's Eyes, no level 21 gems, no uber enchant or expensive flasks and the rest of the items worth practically nothing (I didn't even use the maim from the 2soc Tombfist so that's unnecessary too). Based on all this, I think the Crawler needs a nerf but don't tell GGG that ;)
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Herald_of_Agony

We do have the Minion's base damage (see above)

So the the thing with Empower level 4 that I think trips people up is that it effects the BASE damage.

It gives 39% more base damage. This is multiplicative with Increased and "More" Multipliers.

So like, with level 20 gems in Lioneye's Vision you get:

206% More damage from multipliers With level 4 Empower with 101 base DMG per Virulence, level 24 HoAg

236% More Damage with Maim, 72.5 base DMG per Virulence with level 21 HoAg
Maim also makes the enemies take 14% Increased physical damage, which is another MORE multiplier. 60% of HoAg is physical, 40% Chaos

So, let's assume 40 stacks, not factoring in the increased minion damage from the skill and tree:

Empower Damage = 4040 X 3.06 = 12362.4
Maim Damage = 2900 X 3.36 X (14 x 0.6) = 10562.4

With just these multipliers Emp 4 is 17% More damage than level 20 maim.

This isn't taking into account people, using Calamity, and this doesn't take into account the massive Minion Damage % Increase either.

Those are my two cents.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires