[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

With this build, have you attempted the Uber Elder? If so, would you mind posting a video?
Also, how do you think this will do with the Delve dungeon?
Dernière édition par TGGarrett, le 12 août 2018 20:40:31
"
I am sure this may have been discussed previously but in the five points you took for blood magic you skipped 5x4% hp nodes three with evasion as well for a net gain of 15% life. Assuming you can sustain mana without taking a mana node and as you noted hatred/HOA do not add a ton of benefit why not grab arctic armor, purity of lightning and purity of ice? You would be able to have far less resist on gear and it would be even more Tanky. I know there is more synergy between instant leach and that extra % HP but it just seems like a massive amount of mitigation that would prevent one shots.
That...is a really interesting idea. When I was considering auras like Hatred, HoA, Grace, Blasphemy curse, the value was just too low to be worth using. I even thought about purities but only considered the max res for some reason, which is solid but not as good as life. But if you combine the unpicked life nodes plus extra life on gear due to better itemization AND the max res...I wonder how much life you actually lose. Plus you at the very least get a damage buff by not losing the damage on full life bonus from your first hit due to blood magic. We lose some gems, but I have a lot of QoL gems so that's probably fine. I'll play with some Path of Building numbers later and see what I come up with. Oh, also it could make a kaom's roots swap easier for uber elder.

"
caube524 a écrit :
Nice build. Tried some melee builds for the past several years but this build is like the nicest one. Please check my character for details. Some gems are in wrong place, coz of corrupted equips with wrong sockets and links.
Right now I have ~14ex to spare but I don't know what to do and where to start to push my double-strike champion even further. Can you guide me with this? Still got so excited about this build and want to enjoy it even more. Thank you !
*P/s: My champion's IGN KiaConBuomVang. Incursion Event.
Your gear is pretty good! Most of your upgrades are pretty expensive at this point. Your offhand is only a 25% base instead of 35% and doesn't have crit multi suffix on it, so you're missing out on 37% crit multi there, which is probably your biggest upgrade. You could get a double corrupted bloodseeker for a good chunk of multi, base crit, or attack speed, or you could upgrade your chest to an elder chest with base crit on it as well, which would also give you more life. Your jewelry is also decent but you could put really good rings or amulets in for several exalts each that have a lot more life. Also, I'm not sure why you feel the need to use two life flasks and a quicksilver as we whirling blades most of the time. Diamond flask is UNPARALLELED damage, and a taste of hate or sins's rebirth are also pretty decent. Lastly, you can get all your jewels up to double multi.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
"
Sacrifized a écrit :
Updated gear a little bit, sitting at 6,3k life at lvl 86, just inching into T10 maps right now and everything feels like T1, the only thing i die to is massive lagspikes that are plagueing me since yesterday. Saving up for a new chest now. Is the increased elemental damage from one of the rings doing anything? Just wearing it because selffound. Saving up for a chest right now. Still haven't done uberlab because the last trial is eluding me.

Definitly going to use this build as league starter for Delve, it's unbelievably smooth in progressing through the game.
Nice! Glad you're having fun with it. So a rule of thumb about elemental damage in an added/conversion build is to convert it to the equivalent %phys modifier. I'm at work now so I don't have PoB but our final number is roughly 50% phys, 40% ele, 10% chaos final damage numbers (although it's all added from base phys so %phys applies at 100%). That means 32% increased ele is like 13% increased physical damage which is...not great. If you measure affixes in terms of their skill point value like I do, that's 2/3 of a skill point, since we'd definitely take a 20% phys node. So in my opinion that's not much value, it's certainly less than 1% more damage. I mean we take it if it's free, like master craft on belts or offhand if you have a spare affix and no good suffixes to craft, but definitely don't let it hold you back on upgrading.

"
TGGarrett a écrit :
With this build, have you attempted the Uber Elder? If so, would you mind posting a video?
Unfortunately all my uber elder runs were done before I wrote this guide and thus didn't have video recording set up yet, but I will record it the next time I run it. It didn't go particularly well because we are still namelock melee and I had never done the fight before this league, plus getting clipped by the elder freeze is super death and swapping in kaom's roots would be a resistance nightmare. I might try to make the roots work for the next run so it's nice and smooth, maybe even deathless, but I have a lot of monster hunter to play atm =P.

I have a few concerns with the delve mechanics but overall I think it'll be amazing. I mean, this build is godly in breaches because we just can't die when we're constantly surrounded by stuff to leech from, and with delve they monsters all have to be in a relatively small space! My big concern is if we have any issues with monsters that are out in the darkness hitting us, and we have to approach them and kill them, then get back to the light through the degen with nothing to leech from. Hopefully GGG is pretty good about that implementation, but I could see ranged builds just doing well by not having to worry about that stuff. I remember when breaches first launched there were some weird issues with monsters attacking from invulnerability because they were outside the breach and that kind of thing could be scary? Overall though I think it'll be good. Just a constant moving breach, plus blood magic means no mana issues with spamming movement skills to get around in the darkness quickly!
"
PsychicMuffin a écrit :
"
TGGarrett a écrit :
Unfortunately all my uber elder runs were done before I wrote this guide and thus didn't have video recording set up yet, but I will record it the next time I run it. It didn't go particularly well because we are still namelock melee and I had never done the fight before this league, plus getting clipped by the elder freeze is super death and swapping in kaom's roots would be a resistance nightmare. I might try to make the roots work for the next run so it's nice and smooth, maybe even deathless, but I have a lot of monster hunter to play atm =P.

I have a few concerns with the delve mechanics but overall I think it'll be amazing. I mean, this build is godly in breaches because we just can't die when we're constantly surrounded by stuff to leech from, and with delve they monsters all have to be in a relatively small space! My big concern is if we have any issues with monsters that are out in the darkness hitting us, and we have to approach them and kill them, then get back to the light through the degen with nothing to leech from. Hopefully GGG is pretty good about that implementation, but I could see ranged builds just doing well by not having to worry about that stuff. I remember when breaches first launched there were some weird issues with monsters attacking from invulnerability because they were outside the breach and that kind of thing could be scary? Overall though I think it'll be good. Just a constant moving breach, plus blood magic means no mana issues with spamming movement skills to get around in the darkness quickly!

Thanks for the reply!
"
PsychicMuffin a écrit :
"
I am sure this may have been discussed previously but in the five points you took for blood magic you skipped 5x4% hp nodes three with evasion as well for a net gain of 15% life. Assuming you can sustain mana without taking a mana node and as you noted hatred/HOA do not add a ton of benefit why not grab arctic armor, purity of lightning and purity of ice? You would be able to have far less resist on gear and it would be even more Tanky. I know there is more synergy between instant leach and that extra % HP but it just seems like a massive amount of mitigation that would prevent one shots.
That...is a really interesting idea. When I was considering auras like Hatred, HoA, Grace, Blasphemy curse, the value was just too low to be worth using. I even thought about purities but only considered the max res for some reason, which is solid but not as good as life. But if you combine the unpicked life nodes plus extra life on gear due to better itemization AND the max res...I wonder how much life you actually lose. Plus you at the very least get a damage buff by not losing the damage on full life bonus from your first hit due to blood magic. We lose some gems, but I have a lot of QoL gems so that's probably fine. I'll play with some Path of Building numbers later and see what I come up with. Oh, also it could make a kaom's roots swap easier for uber elder.

Unpicked life nodes
Max res/easier itemization
Arctic armor
More damage from not using blood magic

The other thing I did was take two 4% life nodes and trade that for the +1 max cold/11 all resist and 24% evasion area for two points. I think it is well worth for Uber elder and as you stated super easy to fit Kaoms roots in
I would put retarded expensive in the title.
"
TheBrainTrain a écrit :
Just because I have really good gear, doesn't mean you NEED really good gear. Yes the title of the thread lists the numbers for the completed build with a high level character and a few dozen exalts, but what else would you suggest I advertise? People want to know what it's capable of when fully finished, and I talked many times about how budget friendly this build is in the actual guide. Sure you might have 7k life and 1m gem swapped single target on a 1ex budget, but that's plenty for farming. I was clearing red maps in a 5L with no corruptions at one point.
"
TheBrainTrain a écrit :

This build is street league starter and everything is attainable in the course of a temporary league. He’s showing you the top end and even mentions what the build can do without that level of gear. I like builds that have milestones and scale more than a week or two into the league it gives you something to work for.
You probe this build without bloodmagic and with auras?, I suppose you get more damage and loose defense, but the question is, isn´t better the damage you got with auras vs the life you got with bloodmagic in tree?... Thanks in advance, sorry if this is a newbie question but I´m a bit noob here... Thanks...
"
TheBrainTrain a écrit :

Only the top upgrades are, i played this as a league starter and it progresses really well on a limited budget, when i hit maps i was sub 20c in gear, the first big investment is a 6L chest but corrupted ones go fairly cheap (mine cost 60c and I'm still wearing it) early in the league. Bloodseeker and Haemophilia cost nothing and are enough to start grinding out currency in low-tier maps, just have max resistances and some life on your other gear and it's go time.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires