[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

"
mickeymicky a écrit :
No uber elder video? Shaper is too easy nowadays

I killed uber elder last night with the build. Definitely not as easy as the MS Jugg I used last league. Blew thru like 5 key sets doing it where I did it first try deathless on my Jugg just by watching a YouTube video. Luckily I had a drop that paid for about 3 of the key sets.

My problem I realized after the first few key sets was that I was trying to approach the fight like I did on my Jugg. That would be constant movement and making use of the good AoE of MS. This build doesn't have the defenses of the Jugg so I would get clipped in movement or I didn't manage the area events as well as I should have. I guess I just got the notion of how I should be handling the fight stuck in my head from the last build.

Finally, I asked myself what the hell I was doing and approached with the idea of using our primary defense mechanic which is the leech. I found I could stand on each of them and face tank them no problem through their melee attacks and the balls/ice spikes hitting me. I never tried to tank Shaper's beam but oh geez...the fight was drastically easier now. You still have to manage the area events because you can face tank their melee hits while standing on the degen but not Shaper's balls...it's too much. At least not with the 7.8k health I had with my swaps in.

Swaps for me were Kaom's Roots and turning off Herald of Purity for Purity of Ice. I did the Purity of Ice thing before I started face tanking so I'm unsure of it was truly needed. I did feel that Kaom's was necessary though as the chill was incredibly annoying without them.
Dernière édition par kan333, le 23 sept. 2018 09:21:59
guestion. Does Carnage hearth work whit bloodseeker hellion's pawn?
I am having a really tough time getting above the 7500 life I have currently (L94 delve)

Also I am seeing several people saying that the version without blood magic may be better... any chance someone could check my gear out and recommend ways to get more hp, as well as perhaps a tip on if I should respec to the mana version? Since I am at "only" 7500 I am hesitant to lose more, but 9000+ seems very hard to get too

edit: also, is my chest good enough, or should i be trying to roll a better one with fossils or something? it is Ilevel 86 elder astral base :o
Dernière édition par donaldtroll, le 23 sept. 2018 14:06:01
"
donaldtroll a écrit :
I am having a really tough time getting above the 7500 life I have currently (L94 delve)

Also I am seeing several people saying that the version without blood magic may be better... any chance someone could check my gear out and recommend ways to get more hp, as well as perhaps a tip on if I should respec to the mana version? Since I am at "only" 7500 I am hesitant to lose more, but 9000+ seems very hard to get too

edit: also, is my chest good enough, or should i be trying to roll a better one with fossils or something? it is Ilevel 86 elder astral base :o

Better rings and boots will allow you to get to 7500hp without blood magic. You really don't need more then that. I also wouldn't re-roll your chest as it's decent and you'd be pretty disappointed if you couldn't get a crit chance or level 1 maim roll.
Tried your herald of purity / hatred version. Feels better, and I put a reduced mana support to hatred for more QoL. Haven't had any trouble so far, thanks
I dropped the whole BM thingy and went for hatred / HoP , and i'm using a self crafted claw instead of Bloodseeker, tackled everything except uber elder on fairly low budget

It's probably going to be my starter for a long time ,really fun build too.
"
Ulkio a écrit :
Tried your herald of purity / hatred version. Feels better, and I put a reduced mana support to hatred for more QoL. Haven't had any trouble so far, thanks

Are you sure that works? I seem to remember they got rid of reduced mana affecting aura reservation costs many years ago
hallo, where do the frenzy charges come from at boss fight? U dont kill anyone
And dmg on full life really works with blood magic and blood rage?
Also what benefits u get from blood magick besides 800 hp?
What do cold snap and frost bomb give?
IGN: Javana
Dernière édition par Orlog, le 24 sept. 2018 04:21:42
"
kazzo92 a écrit :
I dropped the whole BM thingy and went for hatred / HoP , and i'm using a self crafted claw instead of Bloodseeker, tackled everything except uber elder on fairly low budget

Strange, Bloodseeker is really cheap and you're losing the whole insta leech deal.
"
Lasse0502 a écrit :
Could you maybe add a recommendation for which gems to use on like a 5 link?
I list them in priority order in the gem section, so on a 5L you'd just use the first 5. In the first sentence I indicate they're "listed roughly by their DPS bonuses", and talk about importance/swaps.

"
Tawnyman a écrit :
Do you guy's cap chaos res? I am having a fun time with this build but chaos or something seams to delete me, I will be fighting a boss just fine then from 5k hp to dead.
Weird, no I definitely don't have room to cap chaos res, I barely have room to cap NORMAL res xD. I just rely on the fact that we're instant leech and we have a ton of life to deal with chaos, but some degens can be scary if there's nothing around to leech from. Hopefully getting your life pool up to 7-8k will remove the problem, if not maybe pay closer attention to map mods and switch pantheons?

"
moonmidnight a écrit :
somehow this guide doesnt work out for me :(
i got very low dps, struggling so hard at guardians already
That's weird your gear looks...fine. You can definitely make some improvements to like jewels and chest piece (loreweave and elder chest are significantly better than belly for us), but you shouldn't struggle with something as simple as guardians. Are you properly gem swapping for the fights? Are you swapping a flask for lion's roar? If you are doing those things and not killing the guardians in under 30 seconds I'm not sure what you're doing wrong =(, you might have to make the changes suggested and use some auras for additional damage. If you think 30 seconds is slow with the budget you're running on...maybe you're used to squishier higher dps builds =P.

"
kan333 a écrit :
"
mickeymicky a écrit :
No uber elder video? Shaper is too easy nowadays

I killed uber elder last night with the build. Definitely not as easy as the MS Jugg I used last league. Blew thru like 5 key sets doing it where I did it first try deathless on my Jugg just by watching a YouTube video. Luckily I had a drop that paid for about 3 of the key sets.

My problem I realized after the first few key sets was that I was trying to approach the fight like I did on my Jugg. That would be constant movement and making use of the good AoE of MS. This build doesn't have the defenses of the Jugg so I would get clipped in movement or I didn't manage the area events as well as I should have. I guess I just got the notion of how I should be handling the fight stuck in my head from the last build.

Finally, I asked myself what the hell I was doing and approached with the idea of using our primary defense mechanic which is the leech. I found I could stand on each of them and face tank them no problem through their melee attacks and the balls/ice spikes hitting me. I never tried to tank Shaper's beam but oh geez...the fight was drastically easier now. You still have to manage the area events because you can face tank their melee hits while standing on the degen but not Shaper's balls...it's too much. At least not with the 7.8k health I had with my swaps in.

Swaps for me were Kaom's Roots and turning off Herald of Purity for Purity of Ice. I did the Purity of Ice thing before I started face tanking so I'm unsure of it was truly needed. I did feel that Kaom's was necessary though as the chill was incredibly annoying without them.
Yeah unfortunately I had no recording set up when I did uber elder, and they were riddled with deaths as I learned the fight for the first time xD. I never did run uber elder again after I made the guide sadly, as it's kind of annoying with this build. I mean, we are fine at it, but we're still namelock melee and some things you can't facetank like when the boss randomly goes invulnerable or teleports away or you get elder frozen. Kaom's roots swap would help a LOT but it woudl have been hard to set it up without sacrificing life.

Yep, we can't facetank the whole fight even with kaom's roots, but we can face tank in bursts to get our damage in. We definitely don't need to ALWAYS keep moving like some other builds, but still have to run around a fair bit, unlike basically every other fight in the game for us except uber atziri, which I also didn't do =P. I actually ended up keeping ancestral call in for uber elder just to clear adds honestly, and that helps with the range for getting damage in on repositioning, especially considering whirling blades annoying fixed (mostly) distance. You can definitely facetank the shaper balls eventually btw, although it's pretty close to the end of your gearing, but it's really scary to do during uber elder because if your leech target moves or becomes invulnerable you instantly die =/. Only recommended for actual shaper fight.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires