[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

Had my fun with the headhunter. Sold that off to buy a few upgrades. Cyclone is just too fun

Hi All I've been loosely following this guide. I'm running death's oath for mapping this year but want to use cyclone as well. I was thinking of using it for maybe a lab farmer/ boss killer as my death oath can't deal with bosses. However I just got to my first shaper fight and my build seems really squishy. Any advice for this build if I want to focus in on just bosses? I have some exalts to play around with so I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks,
Just 5 minutes ago, I got a bit lucky, and Rare monster gifted me this

"
Faust2012 a écrit :
Hello, as a cyclone lover for the last 5 leagues, i want to thanks the OP and bring my small feedback. I have tried lots of cyclone versions (Starforge berzerker, Slayer with
disfavour, North's cold conversion, zerker Ngamahu and others), all with OP gear, and
by far, this chieftain overload version has the MOST damage output i could experienced, and
cheaper in the same time : )

With good gear we don't need to switch to concentrated effect on cyclone and can keep
IAE and still melting t15 bosses/ elder. Somtimes i map and realize i am not using my flasks either : ) (except the quicksilver one).

Now, i am more a red map farmer than an elder/atziri/shaper farmer, but this build can perfectly do them with a good but realistic gear. Never tried über Elder yet neither i am familiar with its mechanics, but after watching some videos i am sure this build have the potential to do it (not with cheap gear tho).

For super fast mapping, here are the litlle variations i am using:

- Removed lion's roar (already more than enough damages to roll over T15) and switched
for a regular granite flask of heat (dispell freeze). This way we can remove the anti freeze
on quicksilver for adrenaline (additionnal movement speed).

- Perseverance belt is a crazy belt for cyclone imo, perma onslaught for free is very good, and if you can check poetrade sometimes you will find very affordable + 1 endurance charge corrupted version of it. In legacy league i kept using it over my HH and it was competiting with it in term of clearspeed.

Lots of questions here about mana/accurency, Kira has already answered a lot about it but here is how i dealt with it, if it can help:

1) Removed culling strike on helm set up to put bloodrage there (not using vaal pact),
so i can put enlighten on gloves (blasphemy + anger + flammability + enlighten).
The "life and mana leech" node near vaalpact should be enough for mana leech but you can roll it on gloves to help if you find it useful.

2) Since getting high accurency rings with life and resists/damage can be very expensive,
getting accurency on gloves is a cheaper option to fill that need. If you go for mana leech +
accurency on gloves it will cost you the attack speed you can have on it but it's still a very good option.

The "fury bolt" node below art of the gladiator is interesting as well.

About amulet choice, if you plan to mainly do mapping, impresence is bis, all the stats are useful and suit perfectly to the build.
The price for getting an elder amulet, which would improve in a ok-ish way your damage while keeping life and resist, would be around 5-10 ex, and would be only useful for shaper or über elder imo ( i melted T14 elder with impresence).

From my personnal feelings, the core stuff in importance to get (for overload version) is:

120 % crit chance on boots > impresence > watcher's eyes (extra fire damage).

The rest is only bonus and will scale naturally with the currencies you will do with mapping:
Helm enchant, 6 links armor, glove enchant, The red Dream, better rings and jewel etc...

Edit: seems i have some difficulties to drag and link my gear to the post, but my profile
is open for those interested.

Cheers, and again thanks to the OP for this great (badass) cyclone build : )

Solid read, didn't think anyone besides me was using Perseverance on this build. The "slaughter" onslaught node in the passive tree is nice until you can wear Perseverance with a fortify support linked with cyclone. having 25% ias, and movement speed on melee hit is simply ridiculous. I'm on hardcore and have been using Perseverance for almost a week on the uberlab build and you almost immediately notice a difference in clear speed moving from a rare belt. Only downside is you lose about 200-300 life depending on your belt. It's not so bad if you're like me using a belly though. I've been also really thinking about going windscream/impresence for the free flammability as well, just don't know if I'm willing to sacrifice the life from my current ammy/boots, but its probably something I'll have to do soon.
Dernière édition par Bluffed, le 26 mars 2018 19:51:55
Thanks for the guide, my first ngamahu build and its been great so far (t16).

Been playing with the RT version with vaal pact, lab is easy, ive been just removing vp on the days i play lab.

Ive been thinking of transitioning to EO, but would not like to lose too much life on the tree and would not like to get new gear, so i was thinking how about effigon? I have blind on hit jewel, and on bosses and some tough beasts it seems theyr blinded most of the time. Pob does show nice damage increase over rt tree with effigon and enemies blinded. But what do you think about 82% hit change against non blinded enemies? Without blind the damage increase doesnt seem to be worth the hassle with current gear.
"
kira1414 a écrit :

Ans 1: Enduring Cry is your best answer for that (can be a chore to re-cast). But if you are running Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call, then you don't have to bother about charges at all.

Ans 2: I have killed Shaper with Vaal Pact but I believe it is possible to kill Shaper using Uber Lab skill tree + max charges too. I would recommend you to give it a shot and if you feel you are lacking in the leech area, then you can spec into Vaal pact.

Ans 3: You can check my POB in the guide. I have over 90% chance to hit. Get 120% chance to crit if you have not crit recently on boots enchant. That is all you need for close to perma EO uptime.

1) I solved the problem of obtaining endurance charges with the help of these items:

2) I did not go to the shaper, but I killed the red Elder without problems without using a vaal pact. From Elder received a mini xoph's blood

3) Regarding EO, I have not decided yet whether I will take it for a hardcore league, but thanks for your answer, I understood how you scored the required amount of accuracy.
Dernière édition par Carloccn, le 27 mars 2018 06:44:33
"
Summoner a écrit :

I can't speak to uber lab directly, not having done it yet; I am trying molten strike though. It does more damage, but especially with multi-strike can potentially lock you in place for too long to avoid a 1 shot.

With both in 4 links, mostly 17/0 gems, a 5s ngamahus, and no DPS on my gear molten strike feels good for boss killing in white maps. Cyclone feels a bit disappointing, I suspect with the time spent in place spamming molten strike it's actually just as fast, but especially with occasionally having to back up and limited AOE cyclone doesn't feel that great and I periodically am switching back to the former even for general clearing.

It's still early for me to judge though. I need more levelled gems, better gear, and more points in my tree before making any decisions (NTM enough currency to upgrade to a 5/6 link chest before it really matters).

I'm up to level 89, and am playing on a variant of the RT tree. The molten strike variant's working reasonably well for me. MS's DPS was high enough to repeatedly melt T15 Kitava a few days ago, T13 Elder clobbered me last night; but that's on me because I didn't play the last league and wasn't paying attention to the mechanics at lower levels when I could just facetank it.

For clearing trash even with 2 non-DPS gems in my 4 link (fortify and inc AOE) anything less than high life T14 blue packs will die in a single cyclone pass.

The biggest challenge with gearing is that I'm heavily restricted on sockets, and needed to use a one on a ring to get everything I need.

I've got about 8-9ex of currency on hand for potential upgrades (mostly thanks to a doctor card dropping). I'm debating between saving up for an enchanted Devoto's and 6L Belly (want to do them together to avoid the big hit in my life from the Starkonja to Devoto swap), or spreading wide on a number of smaller upgrades. A few DPS jewels for on the tree, a second piece of socketed jewelry so I'd have the sockets to run a high level CWDT for my golem (at low levels even trash kill it all the time, and self-cast means that like the totem I only remember at the start of boss fights), possibly perseverance so I can put a second damage gem into my cyclone setup. All of those except the jewels would need additional gear upgrades to maintain my resists.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
Frantic_Cajun a écrit :
What to replace blood rage with?

You can replace Blood Rage with Vaal Haste or Vaal Lightning Trap.

"
Faust2012 a écrit :
Hello, as a cyclone lover for the last 5 leagues, i want to thanks the OP and bring my small feedback. I have tried lots of cyclone versions (Starforge berzerker, Slayer with
disfavour, North's cold conversion, zerker Ngamahu and others), all with OP gear, and
by far, this chieftain overload version has the MOST damage output i could experienced, and
cheaper in the same time : )

With good gear we don't need to switch to concentrated effect on cyclone and can keep
IAE and still melting t15 bosses/ elder. Somtimes i map and realize i am not using my flasks either : ) (except the quicksilver one).

Spoiler
Now, i am more a red map farmer than an elder/atziri/shaper farmer, but this build can perfectly do them with a good but realistic gear. Never tried über Elder yet neither i am familiar with its mechanics, but after watching some videos i am sure this build have the potential to do it (not with cheap gear tho).

For super fast mapping, here are the litlle variations i am using:

- Removed lion's roar (already more than enough damages to roll over T15) and switched
for a regular granite flask of heat (dispell freeze). This way we can remove the anti freeze
on quicksilver for adrenaline (additionnal movement speed).

- Perseverance belt is a crazy belt for cyclone imo, perma onslaught for free is very good, and if you can check poetrade sometimes you will find very affordable + 1 endurance charge corrupted version of it. In legacy league i kept using it over my HH and it was competiting with it in term of clearspeed.

Lots of questions here about mana/accurency, Kira has already answered a lot about it but here is how i dealt with it, if it can help:

1) Removed culling strike on helm set up to put bloodrage there (not using vaal pact),
so i can put enlighten on gloves (blasphemy + anger + flammability + enlighten).
The "life and mana leech" node near vaalpact should be enough for mana leech but you can roll it on gloves to help if you find it useful.

2) Since getting high accurency rings with life and resists/damage can be very expensive,
getting accurency on gloves is a cheaper option to fill that need. If you go for mana leech +
accurency on gloves it will cost you the attack speed you can have on it but it's still a very good option.

The "fury bolt" node below art of the gladiator is interesting as well.

About amulet choice, if you plan to mainly do mapping, impresence is bis, all the stats are useful and suit perfectly to the build.
The price for getting an elder amulet, which would improve in a ok-ish way your damage while keeping life and resist, would be around 5-10 ex, and would be only useful for shaper or über elder imo ( i melted T14 elder with impresence).

From my personnal feelings, the core stuff in importance to get (for overload version) is:

120 % crit chance on boots > impresence > watcher's eyes (extra fire damage).

The rest is only bonus and will scale naturally with the currencies you will do with mapping:
Helm enchant, 6 links armor, glove enchant, The red Dream, better rings and jewel etc...

Edit: seems i have some difficulties to drag and link my gear to the post, but my profile
is open for those interested.

Cheers, and again thanks to the OP for this great (badass) cyclone build : )

Thank you for sharing your experience and input. They are very useful. :)

"
jobintobias a écrit :
Loving this build so far and am currently trying to climb more into the red maps (if I can manage to find them).

My biggest issues, aside from some of my gear being rather lackluster, is that I feel I am squishy as all get out. I can easily get chunked, and bleed really puts the hurt on me if I am not leeching from vaal pact.

At this stage, I am just replacing my weakest piece as I get currency and keep moving on. Any pointers to which pieces are going to provide the biggest boosts for me first?

Warning.. Only 5k life so that is definitely hurting my survivability but wasn't the sure if that is the main issue or not.

Thanks!

Spoiler

5K life is a little on the low end. You will want to aim for 6000 life when you are at level 90.

Looking at your skill tree, you are not following the guide. Following the skill tree listed in the guide will get your life pool to 5900. So I would recommend you to make that adjustment.

"
Beskaius a écrit :

but we gain onslaught with Slaughter node no?

if we can perma stun enemies we can drop fortify for other boost on chest...

Mobs (e.g. map bosses) with high life pool will not be able to stun so you will want to at least link Fortify gem to Leap Slam to proc it.

"
QuietSea a écrit :
Could you post a video of a clear in higher tier maps? thanks

I didn't make any video to showcase the build but if there are any players who have made a video, I will be happy to link to it in the guide. :)

"
Chimmy81 a écrit :
How do you feel about an arc totem with curse on hit and flamability for bosses and use hatred instead of the blasphemy setup?

Edit: Also if you don't have a 6link yet would you suggest Bringer of Pain for Cyclone setup?

A curse elemental weakness on hit gloves will be better instead of using totem + curse on hit.

If you do not have a 6L, a 5L chest will still work better than Bringer of Rain.

"
Skillitek a écrit :
Kira, is there any way you could possibly do a YouTube build guide on this particular build ? Just curious , thanks in advance !

Not at this point in time cos personally, I feel a video guide is harder to reference than a text based guide.

A text based guide allows you to look at the section of interest with ease unlike a video guide, which you have to scroll through to look for information that you are interested in.

"
Ambros1a a écrit :
i have a question.

On your shaper kill u got hatred as aura. why wanna go Hatred instead of Anger ? If u have fire penetration over your skill tree ( 8% from lava lash and 10% over ascendy ) why is haterd better than anger ?

Another Quesion:

i got shaper gloves with 84 life; 21 cold res; 12% attack speed and supported by lvl 18 faster attacks. is it worth to use this gloves and have a 5link for my combo with leapslam and totem, or is the 5link for the totem not that much better cuz we only place it for our more attack speed / damage ?

I am using Hatred because I do not have Watcher's Eye with Extra Fire damage in SSF Standard. Hatred will provide more damage than running Anger in this scenario.

The gloves you have is great for both Leap Slam + Warchief. You can have it solely for Warchief to add that extra assisted damage or you can have Leap Slam + Warchief for more QOL to maneuver.

Personally, I will choose QOL on that pair of gloves.

"
whosthatguy777 a écrit :
Had my fun with the headhunter. Sold that off to buy a few upgrades. Cyclone is just too fun

Spoiler

Very nice rings and amulet you have over there.

Your gloves probably can get some upgrade since it does not have attack speed on them.

And probably adding Taste of Hate and Lion's Roar to push your damage higher.

"
Kronodude a écrit :
Hi All I've been loosely following this guide. I'm running death's oath for mapping this year but want to use cyclone as well. I was thinking of using it for maybe a lab farmer/ boss killer as my death oath can't deal with bosses. However I just got to my first shaper fight and my build seems really squishy. Any advice for this build if I want to focus in on just bosses? I have some exalts to play around with so I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks,

Looking at your Chieftain character in Bestiary, you will want to at least get 5L on your Bronn. 6L will be highly recommended for Shaper, especially with 3R2B1G (very hard to roll on Bronn).

I see that some of your rare gears do not have any life roll on them. You will want to get high life roll on all your rare slots. Check out the recommended rares section for preferred rolls.

The same goes to abyssal and regular jewels. Check out their respective section for preferred rolls too.

On top of that, flasks are very important so don't miss that out.

"
Biszek a écrit :
Just 5 minutes ago, I got a bit lucky, and Rare monster gifted me this

Congrats on the drop!

"
Bluffed a écrit :

Solid read, didn't think anyone besides me was using Perseverance on this build. The "slaughter" onslaught node in the passive tree is nice until you can wear Perseverance with a fortify support linked with cyclone. having 25% ias, and movement speed on melee hit is simply ridiculous. I'm on hardcore and have been using Perseverance for almost a week on the uberlab build and you almost immediately notice a difference in clear speed moving from a rare belt. Only downside is you lose about 200-300 life depending on your belt.

It's not so bad if you're like me using a belly though. I've been also really thinking about going windscream/impresence for the free flammability as well, just don't know if I'm willing to sacrifice the life from my current ammy/boots, but its probably something I'll have to do soon.

I would recommend to swap Flammability with Enfeeble instead of using Windscream.

You will still have enough damage for mapping. :)

"
DeGyrst a écrit :
Thanks for the guide, my first ngamahu build and its been great so far (t16).

Been playing with the RT version with vaal pact, lab is easy, ive been just removing vp on the days i play lab.

Ive been thinking of transitioning to EO, but would not like to lose too much life on the tree and would not like to get new gear, so i was thinking how about effigon? I have blind on hit jewel, and on bosses and some tough beasts it seems theyr blinded most of the time. Pob does show nice damage increase over rt tree with effigon and enemies blinded. But what do you think about 82% hit change against non blinded enemies? Without blind the damage increase doesnt seem to be worth the hassle with current gear.

Effigon looks like a good option if you do not want to invest in accuracy gears.

82% chance to hit does make blind to be not as reliable but I would definitely give it a shot to see how it fair.

You can consider using Stibnite flask for extra blind.

"
Summoner a écrit :

I'm up to level 89, and am playing on a variant of the RT tree. The molten strike variant's working reasonably well for me. MS's DPS was high enough to repeatedly melt T15 Kitava a few days ago, T13 Elder clobbered me last night; but that's on me because I didn't play the last league and wasn't paying attention to the mechanics at lower levels when I could just facetank it.

For clearing trash even with 2 non-DPS gems in my 4 link (fortify and inc AOE) anything less than high life T14 blue packs will die in a single cyclone pass.

The biggest challenge with gearing is that I'm heavily restricted on sockets, and needed to use a one on a ring to get everything I need.

Spoiler

I've got about 8-9ex of currency on hand for potential upgrades (mostly thanks to a doctor card dropping). I'm debating between saving up for an enchanted Devoto's and 6L Belly (want to do them together to avoid the big hit in my life from the Starkonja to Devoto swap), or spreading wide on a number of smaller upgrades. A few DPS jewels for on the tree, a second piece of socketed jewelry so I'd have the sockets to run a high level CWDT for my golem (at low levels even trash kill it all the time, and self-cast means that like the totem I only remember at the start of boss fights), possibly perseverance so I can put a second damage gem into my cyclone setup. All of those except the jewels would need additional gear upgrades to maintain my resists.

Between Devoto enchant and 6L Belly, definitely go for 6L Belly as it will give you 40% more damage.

There is no way a helm enchant can compete with a 6L.
Hey,

i just started Mapping and im having a blast with this build.
But i really struggeling with movementspeed. Any suggestions?
Woulb be really thankful!
6L bronn 2-2-2 or 5L loreweave 2R-1G-2B ?

Elemental Overload spec with 88% hit

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires