[3.1] COMK IS BACK! Sundering Volcanos! OP / Cheap / Fun!

"
Kimbroslice a écrit :
One thing I see is that you took celestial punishment in the templar elemental damage wheel but it doesn't do anything for you since you can't inflict ailments while using elemental focus. If you spec out of that it gives you 2 more points to be able to grab another jewel socket up past avatar of fire which would be much more beneficial.

Besides that though I'm having quite a bit of fun playing this style of build even though it's a meme. I'm also using molten strike in my version instead of sunder because sunder doesn't do any damage at all without phys damage nodes.

Your reasoning makes sense as Molten Strike has built in fire conversion, but it's less safe as you have to face tank right up in mobs faces, and this staff is WAY too slow. also not sure if the projectiles proc COMK? Maybe I'm tired...thought I heard or read something like that.

My thing now that i've just started it up is.... It sucks? it's very meh, not as good as I thought it was going to be, but I only just dinged 52 and my gear sucks. Usually only one volcano and they aren't carrying the damage by all that much. The concept is cool but there's not enough fire conversion. So I wonder if this will jsut stay someones cool idea that doesnt really work.

I still need Avatar of Fire and I'm probably completely wrong and its good.

Dernière édition par DamageIncorporated, le 11 déc. 2017 02:09:45
"
DamageIncorporated a écrit :

Your reasoning makes sense as Molten Strike has built in fire conversion, but it's less safe as you have to face tank right up in mobs faces, and this staff is WAY too slow. also not sure if the projectiles proc COMK? Maybe I'm tired...thought I heard or read something like that.

My thing now that i've just started it up is.... It sucks? it's very meh, not as good as I thought it was going to be, but I only just dinged 52 and my gear sucks. Usually only one volcano and they aren't carrying the damage by all that much. The concept is cool but there's not enough fire conversion. So I wonder if this will jsut stay someones cool idea that doesnt really work.

You shouldn't be using comk that early on. You dont have nearly enough damage to kill stuff without the correct support gems. The OP is using the Martyr staff which gives insane flat ele damage to both attacks and spells which pretty much is build enabling.

Highly recommend leveling with molten strike, even in just a 4 link, using 2 wildfire jewels. You will thank me later.
"
Kimbroslice a écrit :
"

You shouldn't be using comk that early on. You dont have nearly enough damage to kill stuff without the correct support gems. The OP is using the Martyr staff which gives insane flat ele damage to both attacks and spells which pretty much is build enabling.

Highly recommend leveling with molten strike, even in just a 4 link, using 2 wildfire jewels. You will thank me later.

Thank you? I couldnt wait to do something else cuz leveling was complete ass.
And actually I kill stuff fine. Bosses though are slow as fuck. 5 more levels or so Ill have avatar of fire.
Its not like you have to be 70 to play this. Wait, did you take me like I don't have the staff? Cuz...I do. I'm using it.

I'm very skeptical of 3 traps every 4 seconds being good enough boss dps.
Dernière édition par DamageIncorporated, le 11 déc. 2017 03:34:19
Just level with molten strike, ancestral call and 1-2 wildfire jewels until you have the staff then switch to comk, I switched once I got comk at 38 which also works just fine if you have a 200 DPS 2h

Still working on the single target setup because... Mana issues :) traps get destroyed which is really annoying vs some bosses...

Also don't rush avatar of fire, it will only give like a few percent DPS boost because martyr staff is mainly fire and spells mainly fire.

PS: get abyss jewels with fire spell damage and fire spell damage while wielding 2h weapon instead of wildfire jewels when switching to comk.
Dernière édition par Yagamai, le 11 déc. 2017 03:37:47
"
Yagamai a écrit :
Just level with molten strike, ancestral call and 1-2 wildfire jewels until you have the staff then switch to comk, I switched once I got comk at 38 which also works just fine if you have a 200 DPS 2h

Jesus, why are both of you taking me like I dont have the staff?

Im USING THE STAFF. I'm making valid comments on the build.
"
"
Yagamai a écrit :

Jesus, why are both of you taking me like I dont have the staff?

Im USING THE STAFF. I'm making valid comments on the build.

Because there are no issues pre tier 8 maps with the staff and no single target setup.... Just use warchief totem
So, you got 3 traps, and it has a CD. Then you admit traps get destroyed.

How is my concern for late game map bosses not a legitimate one?
Dernière édition par DamageIncorporated, le 11 déc. 2017 03:45:36
"

It is legitimate. CoMK will never be good for bossing. Cremation is an awesome ability so far and is very satisfying to kill stuff with, but it is just not very practical for boss killing. Molten strike was the answer for myself. I completely get rid of the cremation portion of the build for bosses and it's working fine so far. This build having a very generic elemental melee tree pathing makes it very versatile. This game is great because you can play it how you want to though. Experimenting and tweaking the build to your liking is always a decent idea. Also, since you have Martyr, it will carry you to t10 maps with ease using a multitude of skill combinations. Just find something that works for you and have fun with it.

Dernière édition par Kimbroslice, le 11 déc. 2017 03:58:07
"
Kimbroslice a écrit :
"

It is legitimate. CoMK will never be good for bossing. Cremation is an awesome ability so far and is very satisfying to kill stuff with, but it is just not very practical for boss killing. Molten strike was the answer for myself. I completely get rid of the cremation portion of the build for bosses and it's working fine so far. This build having a very generic elemental melee tree pathing makes it very versatile. This game is great because you can play it how you want to though. Experimenting and tweaking the build to your liking is always a decent idea. Also, since you have Martyr, it will carry you to t10 maps with ease using a multitude of skill combinations. Just find something that works for you and have fun with it.

I guess I might be using weapon swap for the first time ever. That could be the answer? Weapon swap with a boss gem set up.
Dernière édition par DamageIncorporated, le 11 déc. 2017 03:59:49
"

Like I said, I'm working on it :) Only just hit tier 8+ maps
I do have a 6l chest now ( and 5l staff ) :)

Trying many different options, also the writhing jar to trigger comk on bosses.
Bosses with adds are easy mode, rest I don't have enough mana for when I use a 6 link single target cremation setup with trap or mine so I'm thinking blood magic support as 6th link...

"
"
Kimbroslice a écrit :
"

I guess I might be using weapon swap for the first time ever. That could be the answer? Weapon swap with a boss gem set up.

This actually works but you'll need a 5 or 6 linked staff, maybe a +2/+3 fire staff is better as we won't be using melee damage on bosses. I'll try some things!

Edit:
Martyr > +3 fire staff with 90% spell damage... wtf
SO need another 5 linked martyr staff :)

Cremation + GMP + Controlled Destruction + Chance to Ignite + Immolate / Fire Penetration?
Dernière édition par Yagamai, le 11 déc. 2017 05:07:27

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires