[3.1] Max block molten strike gladiator, League starter, All content viable

"
Shiverwarp a écrit :
Could you educate me a bit on Point Blank with Molten strike? I found this post by Mark:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/916639/page/2

Which from what I understand means that usually we aren't actually getting any average overall damage from Point Blank. Because at range 10 we get the full 50%, then at range 15 we get no damage bonus, and then at max range (20) we're getting MINUS 50% damage.

This is because point blank calculates from the total distance a projectile travels, not the distance from point of origin. (So if a projectile travels 10 units total, we'd get full damage bonus until it's travelled 5 units, then it gradually falls off until the full penalty at 10 units)

EDIT: After a bit more reading I figured out that Point Blank actually uses a flat distance calculation, it's not a percentage of "total possible distance" as I misunderstood it.

It's just 0-10 units is 50% more, then gradually to zero bonus at 35 units. So point blank is almost always a damage bonus for molten strike, unless we somehow get huge aoe to make a ball travel more than 35 units (Which is pretty significant, from the pictures I looked at)

Due to the AoE nerfs a few leagues ago, it's not possible to stack enough AoE to get balls into the point blank penalty range. Well maybe with stacking shrine and headhunter effects, but let's ignore that. That said, most balls will fall outside the full bonus range, even with conc effect. See the Molten Strike DPS Calculator for gory details on hit rates, point blank bonuses, etc.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
"
MoldyDwarf a écrit :

Due to the AoE nerfs a few leagues ago, it's not possible to stack enough AoE to get balls into the point blank penalty range. Well maybe with stacking shrine and headhunter effects, but let's ignore that. That said, most balls will fall outside the full bonus range, even with conc effect. See the Molten Strike DPS Calculator for gory details on hit rates, point blank bonuses, etc.

Yeah, but it's definitely worth the one point to pick it up for the more multiplier, still. Especially since we'll path right by it anyway.

For the uniques someone was asking about before, might want to check out the new one Ahn's Might. They're a great stepping stone weapon, around 320 PDPS. And since we don't rely much on Frenzy charges, the -1 max frenzy isn't a big deal.

It's certainly not BIS, but for the PDPS they're selling cheaply on poe trade, before you can get some crazy juicy something from an elder or shaper item or whatever craziness is happening.
What is your feeling about the build ?

I have tried to make it work, but it really lack in terms of damage. I feel like physical nodes are not the best way to scale molten strike.

For a similar build, raider has literally double the dps, while only losing 30ish block but having 40ish dodge....
This is the most fun I ever had on Path of Exile.

MS with Ancestral Call. With a Max Block Gladiator..

Oh. My. Fucking God!
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Dernière édition par monkuar, le 12 déc. 2017 07:48:22
Added "late game" section for this build, solves every problem.

"Point Blank" for molten strike.

There are errors in that guy's calculator, it's not very useful.

Molten strike spread is 5-20. With x2 wildfire and conc. effect it's 5-22. Chance to hit per ball is ~47% (on average), considering every ball hitting further away is very likely to miss, range is 5-14 for hits.
Point_blank_multiplier = (5*1.5 + 1.48 + 1.46 + 1.44 + 1.42)/9 = 1.477

Point blank gives 48% MORE damage for Molten Strike projectiles.

Additional damage per ball 146.6 * 0.6 * 0.47 * 1.48 = 61.2% base damage, which is worse than Barrage (61.4 * 1.5), but Bow Multipliers are worse (no conc effect)

I don't understand why people don't use Tornado shot, it's also "shotguns" and scales additional projectiles much better (109% vs barrage 61.4)
How about going for Avata of Fire instead of going right to ranger and then saved point invest in Lava Lash and Iron Grip? Then as one of our support we can take fire penetraton. How would it compare?

Only con I can see is that we wouldn't benefit fully from Hatred, so maybe it wouldn't be worth to take it. Instead we can take other aura or curse with Blashemy.
So i read all of the above and still got a question.

First of all: Lovely Build, im having alot of fun with it and with garbage equiq i already made it up to map Tier 5. Thx for that! :) Great Starter. (Just got a 5 Link, 3R 2B)

So i made some Calculations with Path of Building and stopped on a question i couldnt fully answer. Every Calculation I took showed that Melee Physical Dmg Support can increase the Dmgoutput by up to 40 Percent, which sounds alot. And the Dmg should also be conversed to fire additive or doenst it? Im using 3R2B with MS,conc. Area , AC, ED Support and Ele Focus. Exchanging the Concentrated Effect with the Melee Physical Dmg support should increase my dmg alot or am I wrong?
"
Kettwiesel a écrit :

First of all: Lovely Build, im having alot of fun with it and with garbage equiq i already made it up to map Tier 5. Thx for that! :) Great Starter. (Just got a 5 Link, 3R 2B)

So i made some Calculations with Path of Building and stopped on a question i couldnt fully answer. Every Calculation I took showed that Melee Physical Dmg Support can increase the Dmgoutput by up to 40 Percent, which sounds alot. And the Dmg should also be conversed to fire additive or doenst it? Im using 3R2B with MS,conc. Area , AC, ED Support and Ele Focus. Exchanging the Concentrated Effect with the Melee Physical Dmg support should increase my dmg alot or am I wrong?

I assume you have just the physical hit of Molten Strike selected. MPD does not have an effect on the projectiles, so it's not a great support.
"
Shiverwarp a écrit :
"
Kettwiesel a écrit :

I assume you have just the physical hit of Molten Strike selected. MPD does not have an effect on the projectiles, so it's not a great support.

Well, that could be thanks so i'll try around some more :)
Funny thing is , He's made this build and aint even playing it.
Instead, he plays a molten strike build of some other player,
Good job buddy.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires