[3.7] Ahfack's Crimson Cyclone | Shaper FULL Life Kill Vid | 100% Pure Phys | All Content | PoBs

Ahfack, thanks for the thread. Couple quick questions, mostly related to our good friend the shaper sword.

- You mention not using Starforge because you want 100% bleed uptime and because the Shock from Starforge won't add up on e.g. Shaper. But with Cyclone, even with the bleed stacking keystone, won't the bleeding be a relatively tiny amount of DPS? And wouldn't the shock from Starforge progressively build on itself from previous, smaller shocks (assuming I understand how Shock works now correctly)?

- If I did want to use Starforge, your tree is still pretty usable just shifting Axe nodes over to Sword nodes instead, I assume? Or would I want to design/follow another tree?

- Any thoughts on how this compares in terms of scalability and overall damage to a Ngamahu's Flame Slayer?

- Boxers or briefs?
"
Ciaphas01 a écrit :
Ahfack, thanks for the thread. Couple quick questions, mostly related to our good friend the shaper sword.

- You mention not using Starforge because you want 100% bleed uptime and because the Shock from Starforge won't add up on e.g. Shaper. But with Cyclone, even with the bleed stacking keystone, won't the bleeding be a relatively tiny amount of DPS? And wouldn't the shock from Starforge progressively build on itself from previous, smaller shocks (assuming I understand how Shock works now correctly)?

- If I did want to use Starforge, your tree is still pretty usable just shifting Axe nodes over to Sword nodes instead, I assume? Or would I want to design/follow another tree?

- Any thoughts on how this compares in terms of scalability and overall damage to a Ngamahu's Flame Slayer?

- Boxers or briefs?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock
-Basically in order to shock as RT, you have to remove at least 10% of the enemy's life with a single hit. That will never happen with cyclone against shaper since he has 20m life. You will never hit him with cyclone for 2M on a single hit, so the shock is useless against big bosses like that.

-Yep, if you wanted to use starforge go ahead - again, it's a great sword, but I wanted to achieve something a little different with this build with 100% bleed chance and using an atziri axe with pure phys. The AoE from starforge is nice, but will always pale in comparison to the +2/3 range you get from disfavour since the AoE nerfs. I think Starforge is probably BiS for things like Lacerate where Range doesn't effect the attack.

- Elemental damage in this game, especially elemental PROJECTILES in this game will always be superior to any physical build. Right now, it's path of projectiles, and path of pen-projectiles. Whether it be my doomfletch build using barrage or a cyclone build not really even dealing any damage with cyclone (but the projectiles it proc's), this game is catering way too heavily to projectiles and penetration. Just because Ngamahuehue's axe uses cyclone as the main skill, I consider it in the same class as an old discharge build using cyclone. Cyclone isn't the thing doing the damage, it's the projectiles (or spell for discharge) that you are proc'ing with cyclone. At that point you aren't a true cyclone build, you're only proc'ing your damaging skill with cyclone.

-COMMANDO
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Dernière édition par Ahfack, le 15 sept. 2017 08:59:43
"
Ciaphas01 a écrit :

- Boxers or briefs?

I can't speak for Ahfack nor his build since I don't play it, which is to say already quite good and arguably the strongest phys Cyclone variant these days. But I can answer from the perspective of a Starforge Cycloner whom've farmed Shaper and Guardians with it, for quite a lot. Before I answer, I'll just preface it by saying that while I use Starforge mostly due to it's higher cost-performance ratio, for min-maxing, Disfavor beats Starforge any day, for various reasons which might be different than some might think.

- Starforge shocks are irrelevant in Cyclone, I've tried to make it work before from going crit to stacking shock chance jewels like a madman. It does not work. Cyclone hits are too small to make it work on endgame bosses where shocks are relevant, yes you will shock, but it does little to nothing to add to your overall DPS, if you want to shock, just bring VLT.
- This is where my opinion differs from Ahfack. I prefer BM+Brutality setup with Starforge, and Ash+Hatred setup with Disfavor. This is mostly a matter of preference imo, but to answer your question, yes, you can just swap Cleaving+Slaughter to Razor+Blade.
- Despite both using Cyclone, Ngamahu is a whole different build with a slightly different playstyle. Cyclone deals direct damage instantly on the Cyclone hits. Ngamahu deals slightly delayed damage. On moderately good gear I'd say Ngamahu has higher DPS potential. Minmaxed however, who knows, my bet is on normal Cyclone.
- Does none counts?
"
"
Ciaphas01 a écrit :

- Boxers or briefs?

I can't speak for Ahfack nor his build since I don't play it, which is to say already quite good and arguably the strongest phys Cyclone variant these days. But I can answer from the perspective of a Starforge Cycloner whom've farmed Shaper and Guardians with it, for quite a lot. Before I answer, I'll just preface it by saying that while I use Starforge mostly due to it's higher cost-performance ratio, for min-maxing, Disfavor beats Starforge any day, for various reasons which might be different than some might think.

- Starforge shocks are irrelevant in Cyclone, I've tried to make it work before from going crit to stacking shock chance jewels like a madman. It does not work. Cyclone hits are too small to make it work on endgame bosses where shocks are relevant, yes you will shock, but it does little to nothing to add to your overall DPS, if you want to shock, just bring VLT.
- This is where my opinion differs from Ahfack. I prefer BM+Brutality setup with Starforge, and Ash+Hatred setup with Disfavor. This is mostly a matter of preference imo, but to answer your question, yes, you can just swap Cleaving+Slaughter to Razor+Blade.
- Despite both using Cyclone, Ngamahu is a whole different build with a slightly different playstyle. Cyclone deals direct damage instantly on the Cyclone hits. Ngamahu deals slightly delayed damage. On moderately good gear I'd say Ngamahu has higher DPS potential. Minmaxed however, who knows, my bet is on normal Cyclone.
- Does none counts?

You're spot on, sir!
Cool, thanks for the responses. A Starforge is far more affordable for me right now, so I might go that route and start farming for a Disfavour.

One more question, what auras would a Starforge Cycloner even run since Hatred and Herald of Ash etc are pretty useless? Haste and AA maybe? Blaspheme Vulnerability and AA? Or just screw it and run Blood Magic?

(also i would have added commando but i always wear jeans and commando+jeans=D: )
Dernière édition par Ciaphas01, le 15 sept. 2017 17:18:14
"
Ciaphas01 a écrit :
Cool, thanks for the responses. A Starforge is far more affordable for me right now, so I might go that route and start farming for a Disfavour.

One more question, what auras would a Starforge Cycloner even run since Hatred and Herald of Ash etc are pretty useless? Haste and AA maybe? Blaspheme Vulnerability and AA? Or just screw it and run Blood Magic?

(also i would have added commando but i always wear jeans and commando+jeans=D: )

Yeah, don't want that d-hole rubbing against the zipper. Could have a bad time.

I'd say blasphemy/vuln or blood magic sure. AA is useless for cyclone cuz we're always moving and only works when we're stationary
Hey Ahfack - quick question, are you 100% sure we should kill all Bandits? Wondering if siding with Kraityn might be better?

Just for the attack speed which benefits cyclone?

Siding with Kraityn:

6% increased Attack and Cast Speed
3% chance to Dodge Attacks
6% increased Movement Speed

Or do you get more damage out of the 2 passive points?
Proud Kiwi
Got any idea what would be the most beneficial, a good Steel Ring (Flat Phys/Life/Res/Int) and only running one aura VS Doedre's Damning (No flat phys, some jewel offers to compensate int/res) and running two auras ?
To get a Daresso's Salute with +1 curse in league will be hard as **** :P

At the moment I'm running Blasphemy + Enfeeble + Enlighten Lvl 4 + Haste without problems :)

BTW such an awesome build, have managed to get my desired gear and just breeze true all content :)
(Glove enchantment took about 40 u-lab tries, harder then I thought)
Gear (-35chaos, fire/cold/light 115%) :
Spoiler

-Nerf
Dernière édition par robin_nerf, le 17 sept. 2017 06:11:13
What's up man? Just a quick update,

Level 84 right now... having absolutely no issues w/ T15 maps, get one shotted sometimes but that's really unavoidable unless I switch from Kaoms to a Belly w/ an Immortal Call setup, even then I'll probably still get one shotted if I whirl into a group of porcupines. Also can't really run uber labs consistently because I'm used to having a character that moves really really quick but having a TON of regen; traps are a huge mental block for me in this game.
Anyways, finding it harder and harder to upgrade my gear while keeping capped resists. Feel free to take a look at my gear;

No insanity gloves. I don't know if because it's a league and no one is crafting insanity gloves but there don't seem to be any and I've already gone through about 3-4 ex trying to craft my own (completely new to crafting, can find a few videos on crafting but nothing specific to what I'm trying to do. Maybe there's a cheaper method?)

Can't run the Doedre's Ring because it'll put me well under capped resistances and not enough intel to run decent curses anyways. I know my boots/gloves/rings all need to be upgraded, possibly even my flasks but I keep hitting roadblocks trying to craft my own stuff, after 6-7ex, I'm beginning to believe it's a fools errand and that I should just wait until someone eventually puts a piece I'm looking for up for trade.

Boots aren't horrible I don't think but then again, I've thought that I had great gear before and it turned out to be less than average.

*Also curious (not going to try it myself) on how you began crafting your Vaal Axe to get beastly like that? I've found a few but I don't know if you started it from scratch or found a rare one w/ decent mods on it already.
Dernière édition par MotorCityScrubs, le 17 sept. 2017 06:00:33
"
MotorCityScrubs a écrit :
What's up man? Just a quick update,

Level 84 right now... having absolutely no issues w/ T15 maps, get one shotted sometimes but that's really unavoidable unless I switch from Kaoms to a Belly w/ an Immortal Call setup, even then I'll probably still get one shotted if I whirl into a group of porcupines. Also can't really run uber labs consistently because I'm used to having a character that moves really really quick but having a TON of regen; traps are a huge mental block for me in this game.
Anyways, finding it harder and harder to upgrade my gear while keeping capped resists. Feel free to take a look at my gear;

No insanity gloves. I don't know if because it's a league and no one is crafting insanity gloves but there don't seem to be any and I've already gone through about 3-4 ex trying to craft my own (completely new to crafting, can find a few videos on crafting but nothing specific to what I'm trying to do. Maybe there's a cheaper method?)

Can't run the Doedre's Ring because it'll put me well under capped resistances and not enough intel to run decent curses anyways. I know my boots/gloves/rings all need to be upgraded, possibly even my flasks but I keep hitting roadblocks trying to craft my own stuff, after 6-7ex, I'm beginning to believe it's a fools errand and that I should just wait until someone eventually puts a piece I'm looking for up for trade.

Boots aren't horrible I don't think but then again, I've thought that I had great gear before and it turned out to be less than average.

*Also curious (not going to try it myself) on how you began crafting your Vaal Axe to get beastly like that? I've found a few but I don't know if you started it from scratch or found a rare one w/ decent mods on it already.

Your gear needs immense work.

1. REPLACE YOUR GLOVES. They only have 23 fire res on them - that's unacceptable. Don't worry about insanity until you get more filled out. Take off your Armageddon Nail Coral Ring, take off your gloves, and then get some gloves that help compensate for the tres.
2. Put Deodre Ring in the place of Armageddon Nail, take +30int nodes on tree if you need to in order to run vuln/enf
3. Use enfeeble with vulnerability. punishment as a second curse is only good if you are tanky enough to begin with, which doesn't sound like you are. Enfeeble very important for the come up.
4. Focus on leveling, get your life pool up - the only way we die is one-shots. Get more life
5. You need to replace your boots as well, dual res isn't good enough for endgame. Get a pair of nice two-toned boots since the implicit doesn't matter that much to us. You need to focus on defensive.
6. Lastly, you need to replace your beast coil with a steel ring.

Look at the post above yours, gear up like him if you can. Shoot for gear like that, but make it what you need. Don't have to do anything too crazy.

Also quality your flasks :D

Also, if you're getting one-shotted by porcupines you could take out your AW totem setup and put in cwdt-inc dur-imm call - and put AW back in before bosses.
Dernière édition par Ahfack, le 17 sept. 2017 08:41:54

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires