3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

"
Rothulean a écrit :
"
Shuggananas a écrit :
I highly doubt empower will be worth it
If you use a 6L armor you lose a lot of HP and you lose the 30% more from essence of horror, doubt it's worth it too.

Breath of flames and heart of flame look good but damn it's a very long path to get there

I'm guessing an option is to allocate less %life nodes to get there more easily, since we scale off life less now

edit: wait I'm dumb, we can just use oils to allocate breath of flames too, dunno if that's the most efficient use of oils though

I think its worth it though. Currently we take a bit of a detour to get Discipline and Training. Removing those points gives us 6 extra talents to allocate. Which gets us to the Breath of Flames/Heart of Flame/Cruel Preparation Nodes.

The new scaling on RF/Fire Dot Multiplier just makes that node too good to pass up.

idk what detour you're talking about, there's several great nodes around discipline and training (AoE, endurance, ele damage, etc)
@rhah:
is this build now good again?
Last league i listened to late and played rf for to long instead of switching to cyclone ;)
Well

This could be a great option for a RF Chieftain in the 3.8 ligue

Why do i get this options?

Some people get Bravery in the south part in the passive tree. I dont hit attacks, just i run with my RF and my SR for stronger enemies. So for me, that is useless.

I use 3 auras: Malevolence + Purity of fire + Vitality. The most efficience way to do it is using enlighten at LVL 4 with Sovereignty.

I dont use EE cause i am playing with Slep Slam on my XBOX. EE is hard to use it properly for me.

I only get "Breath of flames" in the north of the passive tree. Heart of flame is not worth to get it cause in those 4 nodes there arent "Fire DoT". You gain more dmg with "Arsonist" (marauder zone) with 3 nodes.

Rest of that are tipicall nodes suck as HP, life recovery, armoour, resists and endurance charges nodes.
So RF Chief will be viable this league?
"
Thoryndin_I a écrit :
So RF Chief will be viable this league?

I need to do more tests with new gem in PoB. But I think you could play it with PROPERLY EQUIPMENT.

I dont recomend it as starter.
"
partyonacid a écrit :
@rhah:
is this build now good again?
Last league i listened to late and played rf for to long instead of switching to cyclone ;)

Depends what you compare it too. Cyclone, for example, will still deal more damage, be cheaper and simpler to build and play.

Comparing to average current RF build, the new one should give you at least 30% more damage, if you take advantage of the new fire damage dot multiplier. RF can also break destructible objects now, like barrels, which is kinda cool.
"
Shuggananas a écrit :
"
Rothulean a écrit :
"
Shuggananas a écrit :
I highly doubt empower will be worth it
If you use a 6L armor you lose a lot of HP and you lose the 30% more from essence of horror, doubt it's worth it too.

Breath of flames and heart of flame look good but damn it's a very long path to get there

I'm guessing an option is to allocate less %life nodes to get there more easily, since we scale off life less now

edit: wait I'm dumb, we can just use oils to allocate breath of flames too, dunno if that's the most efficient use of oils though

I think its worth it though. Currently we take a bit of a detour to get Discipline and Training. Removing those points gives us 6 extra talents to allocate. Which gets us to the Breath of Flames/Heart of Flame/Cruel Preparation Nodes.

The new scaling on RF/Fire Dot Multiplier just makes that node too good to pass up.

idk what detour you're talking about, there's several great nodes around discipline and training (AoE, endurance, ele damage, etc)

Didn't say there weren't good nodes. I just said it was a bit of a detour.

But now we have some other stronger nodes in the northern part of the map. Seems like potentially better overall for us.
"
NewArkhadiam a écrit :
Well

This could be a great option for a RF Chieftain in the 3.8 ligue...

Dropping EE is a bad idea. Even though, with decent gear, you generally can do without while mapping, tough bosses are going become a huge hussle. It's a lot of damage. Just connect storm brand to cwdt+inc crit if it's hard for you to manually activate.

I also wouldn't be so eager to drop life nodes for damage ones. RF is a melee build, and you generally gonna need over 8k to consistently survive tough encounters. Ideally, you should have 8.5k-9k. I don't think it's worth going for those distant nodes unless you are in high 90s, with a ton of life on gear. The league mechanic will also allow us to enchant an amulet with any notable, so it might be better to just get Breath of Flames that way, if you really want it.
"
rhah a écrit :
"
NewArkhadiam a écrit :
Well

This could be a great option for a RF Chieftain in the 3.8 ligue...

Dropping EE is a bad idea. Even though, with decent gear, you generally can do without while mapping, tough bosses are going become a huge hussle. It's a lot of damage. Just connect storm brand to cwdt+inc crit if it's hard for you to manually activate.

I also wouldn't be so eager to drop life nodes for damage ones. RF is a melee build, and you generally gonna need over 8k to consistently survive tough encounters. Ideally, you should have 8.5k-9k. I don't think it's worth going for those distant nodes unless you are in high 90s, with a ton of life on gear. The league mechanic will also allow us to enchant an amulet with any notable, so it might be better to just get Breath of Flames that way, if you really want it.

Yep agreed. The ones in the north aren't that distant though. But I wouldn't go for them prior to level 80 myself. There's a 3 point investment to get there, but that's what we pay to get to Discipline and Training.
Dernière édition par Rothulean, le 5 sept. 2019 18:58:50
"
rhah a écrit :

Dropping EE is a bad idea.

This.

It just makes so much sense to have it for this build.

There's devils on each side of you with bottles in their hands.
You need one more drop of poison and you'll dream of foreign lands.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires