[3.3] Physical Vaal Double Strike/Summoner Champion | [OUTDATED]

"
zuckerjoe a écrit :
_

Ohhh, that definitely sounds interesting! Perhaps make a life/ES hybrid (thanks to all the ES nodes from the Occultist). Dual-cursing (or maybe tri-cursing with Blasphemy + lots of reduced mana reservation nodes) is certainly doable too. The only issue I foresee with it is that "Profane Bloom" has a 20% chance to trigger as opposed to the 100% chance of "Gratuitous Violence" - Profane Bloom's damage output would be less consistent.

Building on this premise, the most successful variant I've tested was with the Inquisitor, namely for its ability to create Consecrated Ground on-kill. Not only does it provide additional life regeneration for both you and your minions, but also grants elemental status immunity (and potential use of Mind Over Matter - I haven't tested that far yet).

The joys of theorycrafting, lol~
Dernière édition par kaype, le 30 août 2017 17:49:39
I mean if you go ES you might as well just go LL with Shav's. It's pretty expensive, though, because basically all LL characters will need Shav's Wrappings and Chayula's.. something. Heart? The Amulet.

Anyway.. since I pick up quite a lot of crit nodes I might even try Reave+CoC+Dark Pact... maybe build in a Summon Skeleton Totem for bosses or something. Ah well.. first I'm gonna go ahead and try some stuff with my Necro. :) Hit level 70 with total shit gear and could jump right into T5 maps. I even still have my Tabula Rasa equipped...

Oh, couple of things I noticed: Raise Zombie supported by Brutality will keep the Monty's Grasp explosion from happening or causes it to deal no damage, so I stepped away from Brutality Gems and took Added Fire Damage instead.
"
zuckerjoe a écrit :
Oh, couple of things I noticed: Raise Zombie supported by Brutality will keep the Monty's Grasp explosion from happening or causes it to deal no damage, so I stepped away from Brutality Gems and took Added Fire Damage instead.

Yes, I mentioned that in the guide as well. Of course, if you're using Speaker's Wreath, then the zombie's explosion would never trigger anyway (which is why I used Brutality). Overall, I wanted to stack physical damage, mostly because effects like Maim and Vulnerability (if you have a +1 curse mod somewhere) cater to physical damage.
[Delete]
Dernière édition par kaype, le 10 sept. 2017 22:08:53
I don't know how it happened, but I managed to push T15. Unfortunately, I wasn't recording so most of you are probably thinking: "Psh, yeah right." Lol, I wasn't expecting it, to be honest... Nevertheless, I'll try it again (although I think it was a total fluke; I was just messing around and the map mods happened to be in my favor) and I'll be recording.
Have you considered Maim support for the Zombies but not you? Maim can be on another source like Ancestral totem and still increase other sources of physical.

I am interested if Speaker's Wreath is actually best in slot. I just bought a perfect roll one for 5c, which makes me highly skeptical since I play all kinds of minion builds and uniques are one the main ways to scale a minion build. Helmets are very strong slot for summoners. Because you use The Scourge and Montregul's Grasp, I have to believe that a basic Bone Helmet with 40% minion damage implicit, +2 to minion levels, and a life roll should be noticeably stronger. I have found it's not hard to find or roll such a Bone Helmet.

Speaker's Wreath kinda sucks in my Null's Inclination build since dexterity is the worst stat in the game and Null's already puts tons of pressure on the build for both stats and damage. By contrast, The Baron is the strength scaling version and is an all-star. I predict an int scaling version soon enough! Maybe it boosts minion cast speed and AoE or max res or give them your energy shield or something cool like that.
"
NorrYtt a écrit :
I am interested if Speaker's Wreath is actually best in slot. I just bought a perfect roll one for 5c, which makes me highly skeptical since I play all kinds of minion builds and uniques are one the main ways to scale a minion build. Helmets are very strong slot for summoners. Because you use The Scourge and Montregul's Grasp, I have to believe that a basic Bone Helmet with 40% minion damage implicit, +2 to minion levels, and a life roll should be noticeably stronger. I have found it's not hard to find or roll such a Bone Helmet.

The main reason for Speaker's Wreath is not the dmg it gives but that it does so your minions is unable to kill target so you get all kills for the on kill effects.
are you planning to update the build for 3.1?
"
Zehelius_Thoris a écrit :
are you planning to update the build for 3.1?

Most likely, but probably not for a few weeks. I actually respec'd my Gladiator into a Champion with the recent patch, but I plan on making a second Duelist for this build. There are three aspects that I'm considering changing in the build:

* Since Vaal Pact is now in the Duelist starting area and since there's quite an amount of leech from the build itself, I may invest points to get to Vaal Pact.

* The changes to Vulnerability gives an inherent chance to inflict bleeding. I was considering having the Zombies do both normal damage and bleed damage, then change their gem setup to Minion Damage and Melee Physical Damage (since both types of damage would benefit from these gems). Then I was thinking putting Bloodlust on Reave's setup for the big boost in damage. Please note that this won't affect the explosion from "Gratuitous Violence" because your minions will still be applying bleed.

* Substitute Blind for Maim in the Spectral Wolves' setup. Although Blind is a good defensive mechanic, it's easily applicable with Stibnite flasks. With Maim, there's more damage output from Reave and Zombies.
Dernière édition par kaype, le 12 déc. 2017 10:02:42
The build and guide have been updated for 3.1. I'm working on new gameplay videos, as well as a pastebin for Path of Building. These will be released over the next couple of weeks. Also, I've renamed the build from "The Overseer" to "Physical Melee/Summoner" as the latter provides a better description.
Dernière édition par kaype, le 18 déc. 2017 16:19:01

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires