[3.3] Physical Vaal Double Strike/Summoner Champion | [OUTDATED]

[Delete]
Dernière édition par kaype, le 16 juin 2018 19:28:10
Updated the build for 3.2. We're now running Champion [instead of Gladiator] for a variety of reasons - please review the "Change Log" for more details.
I'm so excited that this build is getting a bit of attention :) Here are some general questions I've received (questions are paraphrased and authors were removed for anonymity).
___

"
What do you consider "end-game" and will you take it that far?

To me, "end-game" is anything beyond T15 maps, although one can argue the subjectivity of the term "end-game." However, the way the build is explained in the guide, it cannot handle many of the bosses past T15. Of course, if you substitute some skills and gear for better options, I'm sure someone can take the build further, but I do not intend on taking the build further than where it currently stands. My goal isn't to see how far it'll go - it's to show players the high amount of build diversity in the game.

"
Why not use Spectres?

I tested Spectres and they require a lot of investment, particularly in more support gems. Since Reave is taking up the only 6-slot for this build, I felt Spectres were too much to juggle. Obviously, you can use the right Shaper/Elder item to support Reave and/or Spectres into having a psuedo 6-slot, but, again, I chose not to include Shaper/Elder items for the sake of new players. If you want to include Shaper/Elder items in this build, by all means - do it. Let me know your results!

"
Have you tried "Summon Phantasm on Kill"?

Oh yes, definitely, especially considering their physical damage. However, I quickly noticed the Phantasms were difficult to support since this build is focused heavily on melee damage (as opposed to the Phantasm's projectiles). I may come back to Phantasms for a second go, but it'll require more in-depth planning (perhaps I'll consider a bow/summoner for my next off-meta build).

"
Have you had any trouble using Coruscating Elixir?

Not at all. As long as you're watching your character's position and ensuring you're not on any harmful ground effects, Coruscating Elixir shouldn't be a problem to use. I do suggest having the keys for Coruscating Elixir and Forbidden Taste right next to each other (my keys for them are "2" and "3," respectively); this way, you can use Forbidden Taste immediately after Coruscating Elixir. Remember you can also use Whirling Blades to get away from danger first, then use the flasks.
___

If these questions become more regular, I'll include them in the "Frequently Asked Questions" subsection. Thanks to all who have read the guide, showed interest in the build, or have tried/enjoyed the build :)
Dernière édition par kaype, le 11 mars 2018 08:33:25
[Delete]
Dernière édition par kaype, le 2 mai 2018 07:51:40
So my mates are wanting to get into PoE, and I hadn't really intended to play this league (yeah, really). So I think I want a different build, and yours looks like a ton of fun.

I haven't really paid attention much, does 3.3 change anything that would make this build obsolete?
"
Cryosyn a écrit :
So my mates are wanting to get into PoE, and I hadn't really intended to play this league (yeah, really). So I think I want a different build, and yours looks like a ton of fun.

I haven't really paid attention much, does 3.3 change anything that would make this build obsolete?

If you plan on using the build how it's posted, then 3.3 won't really change the build as the core mechanics are basically the same.

I'm messing around with Vaal Double Strike and it's very promising. I'm also altering the defensive buffs of the build for more consistency. I'll keep the guide updated as I progress.

The build has been updated. However, feel free to use the 3.2 version (Reave is still a good skill; I just wanted to capitalize on Vaal Double Strike for its Clone generation).
Dernière édition par kaype, le 17 juin 2018 22:41:34
Updated the build for 3.3. Many changes aimed at more consistent damage and defense. Main skill changed from Reave to Vaal Double Strike. Please review the "Change Log" for more details.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires