[3.7] Frosty Duelist - Dual Wielding Frost Blades

"
mrtournevis a écrit :
Hello dude, and thanks again for your build.

I have a weird question i need to ask, i'm not a huge fan of frostblade (mainly for his aesthetic), do you think your build could work with wild strike ?

Hi, hadn't thought of it but yeah it does. Probably need a little tweaking, the cold hit will do almost as much as frost blades and the other a bit less although swapping hypothermia for maim and changing winter spirit on tree to berserking or duality would even it out. Be great to hear how it goes if you try it :)
I'd like to try it for science !
But would/could you kindly update an poe-planner with your initial tree + some modifications for wildstrike pls sir ?
Not really familiar with your build, ty a lot for your response tho'.
Dernière édition par mrtournevis, le 2 sept. 2018 12:34:11
"
mrtournevis a écrit :
I'd like to try it for science !
But would/could you kindly update an poe-planner with your initial tree + some modification for wildstrike pls sir ?
Not really familiar with your build, ty a lot for your response tho'.

Hi, I'd work on something like this.
https://pastebin.com/Pi2N5iJL
Ends with very similar damage to frost blades. My swords have extra cold but you could go for any extra element :)
Thank you again good sir, i'll try this out, if it doesn't work well i'll stick with your initial build.
I have a question about the immortal call (this might be a very noob question), but how do you gain the endurance charges for immortal call to work? I tried to find the trigger for endurance charges in your guide, I am a little confused. Thanks!
hi,

unfortunately we dont get endurance charges (although it is possible with new precursors emblem) so immortal call only lasts the default 0.4 seconds. It isn't much but does make a difference when you are taking a lot of hits in a short time.
Dernière édition par WildWombat, le 7 sept. 2018 03:44:10
Hello dude, hope all's going well for you.
Still trying the wildstrike and having a blast with it, i have not that much time to play (and i'm not a good player neither) so it's hard to give a fair review.
Beside that i have some questions, should i focus on one type of elemental damages for my build ?
For frostblade it's pretty handy to focus on frost dmg + frost pen, for wildstrike unless they make uniques jewels like elemental hit ones i can't really tell.
May i suggest using a fire damage gem instead of maim for example ?

Thanks you.
"
mrtournevis a écrit :
Hello dude, hope all's going well for you.
Still trying the wildstrike and having a blast with it, i have not that much time to play (and i'm not a good player neither) so it's hard to give a fair review.
Beside that i have some questions, should i focus on one type of elemental damages for my build ?
For frostblade it's pretty handy to focus on frost dmg + frost pen, for wildstrike unless they make uniques jewels like elemental hit ones i can't really tell.
May i suggest using a fire damage gem instead of maim for example ?

Thanks you.

Hi, glad it is working out for you, I'll have to give it try later in the league :) I'm nowhere near as good as I should be considering the amount of time I play :D but yeah I wondered whether to focus on one damage type, cold was the obvious choice for me as I know it and the build is geared for cold. It converts from physical for each so doesnt really get conversion effects that others like elemental hit does. I havent played enough fire and other builds to know if there is something obvious that I am missing
Dernière édition par WildWombat, le 7 sept. 2018 12:35:45
"
WildWombat a écrit :
hi,

unfortunately we dont get endurance charges (although it is possible with new precursors emblem) so immortal call only lasts the default 0.4 seconds. It isn't much but does make a difference when you are taking a lot of hits in a short time.

Hello,

Thank you for that clarification. I am liking the build a lot. I am kinda new to following guides and I was unsure about the numbers you mention (in brackets) when you discuss the tree node selection under your level section. I just took winter spirit, herbalism and wasn't sure the direction in which I should progress. Should I go all the way to Brutal and Fatal Blade or go back to get Strong Arm?

Thanks!
"
iksu1990 a écrit :
"
WildWombat a écrit :
hi,

Hello,

Thank you for that clarification. I am liking the build a lot. I am kinda new to following guides and I was unsure about the numbers you mention (in brackets) when you discuss the tree node selection under your level section. I just took winter spirit, herbalism and wasn't sure the direction in which I should progress. Should I go all the way to Brutal and Fatal Blade or go back to get Strong Arm?

Thanks!

Hi sorry there is a picture in the levelling that wasnt working, I have fixed it now. The numbers in brackets refer to the spots in the picture.
I grab the jewel socket above herbalism and then go to strong arm and work my way up to the scion jewel and the big life cluster. I just grab constitution and then drop in more life points later as I feel I need more life (My preference is that I try for around 1500 life for kitave act5 and 3000 for kitava act 10)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires