[2.6] Wormageddon - Pathfinder (Herald of Ice)

I'm happy to see Worm builds coming back!

Nevermind! I did some reading and apparently the Master Surgeon node is gutted these days. :/

Still.. I can't wait to get the build running! :)

Thanks OP for sharing!
Dernière édition par Pracis, le 22 avr. 2017 16:31:55
Wait, so if we can humor the noob for a second here, two questions:

Why do we use the Hypothermia gem instead of Ice Bite, since our goal is to have everything frozen and the more damage only applies to chilled enemies, is the relatively unused more multiplier better than the additional 5% freeze from Ice Bite, or are our frozen enemies also counting as chilled?

Also, is there a reason we pass right by the "Alchemist" flask nodes up by the witch start? The flat "increased effect of Flasks" seems useful.
"
Smileefacee a écrit :
Wait, so if we can humor the noob for a second here, two questions:

Why do we use the Hypothermia gem instead of Ice Bite, since our goal is to have everything frozen and the more damage only applies to chilled enemies, is the relatively unused more multiplier better than the additional 5% freeze from Ice Bite, or are our frozen enemies also counting as chilled?

Also, is there a reason we pass right by the "Alchemist" flask nodes up by the witch start? The flat "increased effect of Flasks" seems useful.

1) Hypothermia - since quite often the explosions from HoI overlap, there are many hits that can easily apply chilled to monsters.

When a target is hit with cold damage, it is chilled for a duration proportional to the damage relative to the target's maximum life. Base chill duration is 60 milliseconds for every 1% of the target's maximum life (before party scaling) dealt by Cold damage, up to a maximum of 50%. If the duration would be below 300 milliseconds, the chill effect is not applied.[3] Furthermore, when a target is frozen, it is also chilled for the freeze duration plus an additional 300 milliseconds. - Wiki

Secondly, with the use of vortex on cwdt, we create chilled ground - so any nearby monsters are guaranteed to be chilled and therefore take the 39% more multiplier.

2) The tree is very stretched as it is, and the alchemist nodes do not add a whole lot. It slightly buffs the life we get from writhing jar and provides another 13% increased damage to the overflowing chalice - which is just not worth it in my opinion
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
afaik you get 3 worms instead of 2 per use if you get 50% flask effect from pathfinder+alchemist
"
jimyyoo a écrit :
afaik you get 3 worms instead of 2 per use if you get 50% flask effect from pathfinder+alchemist

there's a reddit post where people tried this and it still produced 2 worms only
hi love this build only thing i have bad gear and just got 6l harvest i whish i had your gear (; love the build one thing how do you survive bosses
I just spread out the worm flasks, using 1-2 per second instead of spamming like crazy
Any plans to update this build, or make a build similiar to it? The Herald body and hypothermia seem pretty cool but idk how the new freeze mechanics are going to effect this build
So I tried to play the above build ..... and immediately I stopped again, build them so good to farm in maps 1 - 5 :-)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires