[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

Has anyone tried the Inspired Learning unique Crimson Jewel with this build?

I know it won't help with uber high end content but for a total of 4 regrets it might make a nice map farming option.

Any thoughts?
To follow up on my own post I tested it out a bit and decided I didn't care for it.
What would you use:
Sunder-multistrike-brutality-ruthless or
Sunder-multistrike-conc-brutality/ruthless

I`m aiming 100% bleed
Yes this build on 3 00 how it go?
Delete
Dernière édition par TheGrinch100, le 7 juil. 2017 17:09:28
Ran several minotaur fights using Determination over Hatred and it felt like the extra armor did very little. Also lost 23k DPS so that little exercise turned out to be a waste of time.
Now i suppose i need to ask if anyone thinks that extra 3% block given by using The Anvil amulet is a game changer?
"
sangvinu2 a écrit :
What would you use:
Sunder-multistrike-brutality-ruthless or
Sunder-multistrike-conc-brutality/ruthless

I`m aiming 100% bleed

LETS DISCUSS THE SUPPORT GEMS FOR 3.0 FOR SUNDER (as of early july, 2017).

Bahh i wish i played this in beta (my first beta char wiped out), so i cannot test in real life, only path of building. See below for the gear that I have and used for this discussion.

But let's set some assumptions.
1) Forget bleed dps, we are talking about 2-4k dps addition on a decked-out character. Bleed is only for corpse explosion.
2) Arctic armour is essential in my opinion. This layer of defense i care about alot. On the same note, let's assume we only have one curse (decked-out builds will have two curses from corrupted anvil amulet, but most people will not have this). The curse of choice is enfeeble because of our defensive-mindset: let's try to avoid vulnerabiliy so we can have enfeeble.

3) What are the crucial gems at the moment (we have faster attack and melee phys damage built-in plus sunder, leaving us with 3 slots open).

-Multistrike is crucial - dps-boost one of the highest, and for reasons like quality of life (auto-targetting) and more instances of leech (remember we can only leech 2% of our max life per hit, so more hits = more leech = more survivability), multistrike is crucial hands-down.

-Conc effect is still top tier - before, bleed/poison caused by sunder would scale (double dip) with conc effect, so it was crucial pre-3.0. But for 3.0, it is just a damage multiplier for our phys and ele damages. Just considering the damage boost, it is the second highest (54% compared to 59% from brutality, a small difference) and enables us to utilize herald of ash/hatred, so no reason not to take it. The negative effects of conc effect is minimal on sunder - we still have great reach and secondary sunder explosions are still okay, and corpse explosion will ensure/boost pack clearing anyways.

4) Which of brutality/maim/chance to bleed/ruthless/added fire to take?

-First of all, lets not do added fire since we don't have fire penetration. Then, let's strike out ruthless because 30% chance for 113% multiplier is only 34% more on average (here, i cannot test how well stun works because i don't have a character on beta - if someone could tell us if stun is worth it in high tier maps and especially for bosses that would be great). If we can reliably stun bosses i could consider ruthless.

-Chance to bleed - not as much of a damage boost as compared to brutality/maim but gives +25% chance to bleed. Imo, for general purposes white trash mobs will die by 1-2 hits anyways, blues and yellows will probably be bleeding with our 10 hits per second, and for a pack, corpse explosion usually ensures pack-killing without having to swing our axes a few more times. So, let's not take chance to bleed.

-Maim - i think this is the best of them all. First, we can deal elemental damage. Next it has two multipliers: 30% multi (more phys damage) and then another 14% multi (take increased phys damage). 30% is not as high as others but these two together is 1.3 * 1.14 = 48% damage multiplier for phys damage. Still not as high as brutality but the 14% part takes more corpse-explosion damage too. Plus, the enemies are maimed so they should be clustered more densely for better corpse-explosion damaging, not to mention a small defense-boost because melee enemies will take more time to walk towards you. If we take maim, we can keep our arctic armour-hatred-herald of ash and keep enfeeble on cwdt or curse on hit, fully utilizing our 100% mana reservation with soul taker. Lastly, 30% chance to maim on 10 hits per seconds.. everything will be maimed within a second if they are not one-shotted already.

-Brutality - the only arguement to take this for better phys damage is that we can drop hatred/herald of ash and go arctic armour - blasphemy enfeeble - and then what for remaining 40% of mana reservation? Even if we take the most offensive route with blashphemy vulnerability it falls off considerably compared to herald of ash/hatred (even considering regular boss ele resists). Other 50% mana-reserving auras are not that good as well (like determination). We can always enfeeble off of cwdt and reckoning-curse on hit, and we are unlikely to die by first hit cuz of block. Lastly, if we were to go all out on phys damage (which brutality doesnt really shine above others anyways), we wouldnt play a defensive build like this max block build anyways.

Considering that our end game dps 200-300k is enough for all trash/blue/and most rares for all content, we don't need to go all out on brutality, not that it gives us anything superior anyways. Boss hp has been doubled for 3.0 and assuming that bosses will get maimed, maim is the superior choice (not like obvious superior choice but it has a definite edge).

On my character imported to 3.0 settings, sunder-multistrike-conc effect + usual buffs + herald of ash/hatred, enfeeble on curse on hit, switching to vulnerability only for brutality, the dps is the following:

1) maim 302k (trash) / 271k (boss) - assuming they are maimed, they will be (espcially for bosses at 10 hits per seconds).
2) ruthless 288k (trash) / 257k (boss)
3) added fire 272k (trash) / 232k (boss)
4) chance to bleed 264k (trash) / 235k (boss)
5) brutality (no enfeeble, level 14 vulnerability) 256k (trash) / 215k (boss)
5) brutality (no vulnerability) 188k (trash) / 188k (boss)

Of course, things can change over the course of the beta and these numbers are for my character (go to permanentherpes on my account if you want to check out the gear). Also, i tried to double check all the info to make sure im not saying wrong things, but things are so technical i still may have said some things wrong.

TLDR: maim is best for damage, brutality sucks because we use enfeeble and arctic armour (and nothing much to do with leftover mana), ruthless may be the best of them yet if stuns work well against bosses (doubt it). You can consider brutality if you like to enfeeble as blashphemy aura or considering using two blashphemy auras.

Gear used:

Dernière édition par hyukin, le 10 juil. 2017 06:39:34
"
Yes this build on 3 00 how it go?

About the same.

Buffed:
Armour/life.
New support gems, many better than added fire. (See my post above :)) About 10-20% dps increase for on-hit damages.

Nerfed:
Bleed dps, lose out on significant bleed dps, but new support gems should make up for it.
New bandits suck, lose out on some life and end/frenzy charges.
More people will play life-based builds, so gear will be more expensive on average.

Side point:
Our exploitable double-dipping bleed and poison damages are gone, but that wasn't in the build anyways (although many of us have deviated towards that by 2.6). Seriously talking about ungodly amount (1 million plus) damages on double-dipping poison damages. Although the ungodly damages are for under perfect conditions and for long-lasting boss fights (to stack poison), so this arguement is moot. Just saying we lose out on damage over time potential for 3.0.

Main things are untouched: our block chance, so we are fine. Adding all that above, its about the same for strict build-follwoing. Superb league starter and still will clear everything until shaper as the character progresses.

"
EDMOSES a écrit :
Ran several minotaur fights using Determination over Hatred and it felt like the extra armor did very little. Also lost 23k DPS so that little exercise turned out to be a waste of time.
Now i suppose i need to ask if anyone thinks that extra 3% block given by using The Anvil amulet is a game changer?

Going from 75 -> 78 Block is a 12% increase in blocks, yes, it's a game changer.
"
EDMOSES a écrit :

Yes anvil is essential.Against minotaur you want fortify up as well as arctic armour and enfeeble.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires