How come no builds take evasion passives?

So ... due to the impending optional passive reset, I decided to do an experiment and grab Celerity.

4% chance to evade increase. And one of those is from picking up the extra +10 to Dex node. So basically, that 44% amounted to only 3% actual evade chance. Pretty lame.

But the MOVEMENT SPEED increase is awesome. +34% movement speed really lets me feel like a ninja. Very ... well ... evasive. If you want to get those nodes, this is the real reason for them. However, there are "attack and movement speed" nodes between Celerity and the Ranger start that might be better grabs, as you get almost the same boost, but for 3 points instead of 4, plus you fire faster.

However ... I don't really see builds taking those either. After the reset, I'll go without the speed boosts again and see if I suddenly feel like I'm slower and getting hit more often.

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Evasion is still a very unreliable mechanic. It is fantastic and honestly OP in early to mid mapping. However in end game it is the worst defensive stat in the game. In end game maps damage gets stupid high and the one time you don't dodge/evade you will get killed.

There are glass cannon style rangers though that do elect to pump a ton of dps and spec into some evasion and acrobatics and just pray to jesus they don't get hit.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
evasion builds take the hassle of levelling out of the game so you can focus on dying in every map.
the most simple reply you will get with that question is,

RNG Vs Guarantee.

evasion is not reliable its all chance.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires