How come no builds take evasion passives?

I get it and don't disagree with your points. I just want to point out to less experienced players that evasion nodes, ones that don't offer damage or life/ES on top of evasion, are (almost always) a waste unless they somehow save you skill points to pass through them.

From a melee standpoint, pure evasion gear can be worthwhile if you buff the crap out of it (high evasion on most gear, good damage, Grace in Alpha's Howl, increased aura effect/self-buffs), get high dodge (Hyrri's Ire, Atziri's Step, maybe even Vaal Grace), or convert evasion to armour with Iron Reflexes. High movement speed really helps too. We'll probably see some evasion Cyclone Shadows soon with the Trickster Ascendancy class and Walk the Aether.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Dernière édition par Tempada, le 25 févr. 2016 08:46:54
"
Tempada a écrit :
I get it and don't disagree with your points. I just want to point out to less experienced players that evasion nodes, ones that don't offer damage or life/ES on top of evasion, are (almost always) a waste unless they somehow save you skill points to pass through them.

From a melee standpoint, pure evasion gear can be worthwhile if you buff the crap out of it (high evasion on most gear, good damage, Grace in Alpha's Howl, increased aura effect/self-buffs), get high dodge (Hyrri's Ire, Atziri's Step, maybe even Vaal Grace), or convert evasion to armour with Iron Reflexes. High movement speed really helps too. We'll probably see some evasion Cyclone Shadows soon with the Trickster Ascendancy class and Walk the Aether.

Agree :)
I'm at 50% chance to evade right now. With Grace I get to 60%, and on flask I get to 65% or 67% (depending on which one I can use at the time. I tried to use them together and apparently they don't stack).

Those numbers seem pretty low compared to what some of you guys are talking about. Without Grace, and with flasks, I get either 55% or 57% Chance to evade, with 69% and 99% evasion respectively. Realizing that it would take 4 nodes (unless I went for Arrow Dancing anyway...) to get 44% evasion, which would only get me to like 53% chance to evade, really doesn't quite seem worth it. I'd have to get the Celerity cluster and the Survivalist cluster to get about 56% chance to evade, which would put it at about 65% with Grace.

Yeah, you're probably right. I was thinking that the returns wouldn't be so small since I'm only at 50%, but I guess they still are. That combined with the fact that I'll probably never see those fancy Uniques people always talk about because I simply don't have 1000 hours to play the game...

I'm not sure what the best route would be, defensively, then. Arrow Dancing and Acrobatics both seem to have downsides that counteract any benefits.

It would be nice to have more movement speed, though, but I can't justify removing one of my flasks for that purpose alone.

Anyway, thanks for the input. I'll just have to see how much a bit of MS is worth to me, and where the best place to get it would be.

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Dernière édition par VideoGeemer, le 28 févr. 2016 16:14:34
"
xMustard a écrit :

getting upwards of 75-80% chance to evade takes A LOT of investment. usually QoTF, highest EV gear you can find like alpha's or devoto's or a 1k rare EV helm + atziri step + a massive EV shield with inc defenses to shields. it essentially is not worth it for what you get.

This is what I was talking about before. Does your recommendation change seeing as I'm not likely to ever find those Uniques, and I'm at 50% (60% with Grace), and nowhere near 75%?

-VG-
Dernière édition par VideoGeemer, le 29 févr. 2016 01:27:03
"
VideoGeemer a écrit :
"
xMustard a écrit :

getting upwards of 75-80% chance to evade takes A LOT of investment. usually QoTF, highest EV gear you can find like alpha's or devoto's or a 1k rare EV helm + atziri step + a massive EV shield with inc defenses to shields. it essentially is not worth it for what you get.

This is what I was talking about Does your recommendation change seeing as I'm not likely to ever find those Uniques, and I'm at 50% (60% with Grace), and nowhere near 75%?

-VG-

evasion is good. its actually great BUT you need to layer it with other defenses. dodge/block etc. first off, are you melee or ranged? i can't remember. if you're melee you can still take a shield and maybe run 3 passives to give boost to block/defenses. full EV shields are easy and cheap to come by, even 1500+ evasion ones.
the 3 nodes almost directly south of ranger start. gives 4% block and 110% inc defenses. you can still take acrobatics. if you run a rumi's flask that bonus points too.
alpha's howl is expensive but full out evasion helmets should be easy to come by as well. atziri step should only be a chaos, basically, theres so many if you're playing on standard.

40-50% evasion without jade flask is plenty fine, but again it can't be your only thing. grab acrobatics. as ranged this is easily enough defenses as you're usually manually dodging and kiting things with movement speed/blink arrow or whatever.

as evasion you should always have a granite flask and if you're melee you can easily run fortify somewhere to reduce some incoming damage. the new flasks will help immensely too i imagine.
"
xMustard a écrit :

evasion is good. its actually great BUT you need to layer it with other defenses. dodge/block etc. first off, are you melee or ranged? i can't remember.

Ranged.

"
alpha's howl is expensive but full out evasion helmets should be easy to come by as well. atziri step should only be a chaos, basically, theres so many if you're playing on standard.

Oh, that is quite cheap. Thanks for the tip. :) Even the 8C for Alpha's Howl from vendors isn't outlandish or anything; it's just getting to that point without it.

"
40-50% evasion without jade flask is plenty fine, but again it can't be your only thing. grab acrobatics. as ranged this is easily enough defenses as you're usually manually dodging and kiting things with movement speed/blink arrow or whatever.

as evasion you should always have a granite flask and if you're melee you can easily run fortify somewhere to reduce some incoming damage. the new flasks will help immensely too i imagine.

I have a Surgeon's Granite Flask of Reflexes, as well as an evasion mod on a mana flask.

As for Acrobatics ... I hear conflicting reports from people, some who say it helps and others who say it leaves them very vulnerable to things that use magic. Some Reddit users report dying all the time after getting it, others instant survivability increases. 50% chance to dodge physical attacks, but 30% LESS chance to block... Can ranged still "block" spells or attacks? I had thought we could, but my Defence screen doesn't show a chance to block. So then maybe Acrobatics really is all for the better...

-VG-
Dernière édition par VideoGeemer, le 29 févr. 2016 10:48:29
Get it, really ;), along with Phase Acrobatic for Spell dodge. You can't block with a bow anyway (except with a very specific quiver, and the block % is still low).

You need multiple layers of defense to survive properly, and these two keystones define such a layer, for a rather cheap price.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
I really wouldn't put too much stock in what a lot of people on reddit say. A lot of the time people copy builds without actually understanding the playstyle required. Also, getting acro doesn't make you more vulnerable to spells any more than without it. In fact, with phase you'll be better off.

Evasion is rather lackluster without either high amounts of block or dodge. And for a lot of high dps crit builds, getting block takes too much investment, so acrobatics it is.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Panini_aux_olives a écrit :
Get it, really ;), along with Phase Acrobatic for Spell dodge. You can't block with a bow anyway (except with a very specific quiver, and the block % is still low).

You need multiple layers of defense to survive properly, and these two keystones define such a layer, for a rather cheap price.

Also the unique amulet "the Anvil" xD Once tried the Anvil + Rearguard + Point Blank + Iron Reflexes + Rain of Arrows + Chin Sol. Was decent but slow x)
Dernière édition par Frankenberry, le 1 mars 2016 14:25:20
That would be horrible in current meta. You can't follow group in parties with that :p.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires