Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

hi at me shield charge skiil is not active...i put all the 4 gems on an item(shield charge,faster attacks support,fortify support and flame dash)...why in your video is skill active,i need an item for that or?
You need scepter to use shield charge, it won't work with wands
Hi all,

Firstly I want to thank this group and amazing community. I have been lurking a little while and learned a lot since this is my second toon.

Could I please get someone to look at my profile and let me know how I can improve? I am having trouble with certain Shaper guardians, I assume I would find Shaper kinda hard - let alone uber elder.

I think my next purchases will be gear that costs a couple ex each, if that is the case, learning what I need to prioritize would be really helpful.

Thanks all!

EDIT: also, when you review this I might be devling. In which case you may see two quicksilvers, I am using a Sulphur and Basalt normally :)
Dernière édition par midnightL, le 14 oct. 2018 10:43:34
are shaped sceptres with "gain #% of physical damage as..." any good for our build? cause i guess poe build count them wrong
"
14plus a écrit :
are shaped sceptres with "gain #% of physical damage as..." any good for our build? cause i guess poe build count them wrong

I dont think so, because we dont have much physical damage so we are not gaining very much compared to other mods.
@zeddius
Could work, but you'd lose a 4L setup which may nullify the gain. I'm at Depth 511 and didn't feel the need for them, it's either easy zones or stuff is so difficult that you will get oneshot either way.

@Kirian42
Lv21 Arc, it's the best damage boost you can get.

@Инсектор
Get the Alchemist nodes, replace Quicksilver with Basalt, quality all flasks that miss it atm and use Decoy Totem. Also get a jewel with Cold Damage to Spells to make Hypothermia work more reliably. In the trio fight, kill the one shooting spikes first, the other two can be easily dodged.

@frikabg
You will always chill with Beacon of Ruin if you deal atleast 1 Cold Damage, no matter how much HP the enemy has. Ailments are also calculated against single player HP, even when in a group.

@digitalspenz
Very crucial, it's the core item of this build. I'll rewrite the guide a bit to reflect this better once I got more time.

@devilhamza
First step would be Lv21 Arc, that's the biggest damage boost. Your amulet is also missing any DPS on it, and you can get more DPS our of helmet enchant, shaped helmet or a higher tier boot enchant. Also haven't checked cuz of time restraints, but make sure your lightning res is highest for Wise Oak and you're around 5 casts/s.

@YJEN
Attack Speed is only for shield charge. With the most recent rework, an attack speed roll on weapon only affects the start and end animation of shield charge, while all other attack speed affects all three parts of the skill.

@SnowVlok
In addition to what Morkonan wrote, there's still some more things to do. You're missing lots of crucial life rolls on gear, your flask setup is all over the place, you're missing the Alchemist cluster and you've went for less effective nodes that you shouldn't be taking before really high levels. Those changes will noticeably improve your setup.

@zaric1
In addition to what Morkonan wrote, you could start looking out for or trying to fossil craft a sceptre, although it takes quite something to beat Catalyst. And i'd recommend a Sulphur over Quicksilver, atleast for high tier Delves and endgame bossfights.

@Swiks
It's just my philosophy for the build. I want it to be a balanced build that's accessible for everyone in any league at any point of time during that league that can do everything in the game, it's not intended to be the absolute highest DPS Arc setup out there.

Gating leech to specific items wouldn't just kick out SSF players or most newbies, it can also result in a huge DPS loss, even up to the point where a Mastermind setup deals less damage depending on the consequences using a leech item has on other item pieces in a minmaxed setup.

Paragon also doesn't just work for Ele Reflect maps, it also cancels out the reflect of Atziri (implicit reflect & mirror), Izaro's Lieutenant, Racecourse & Waterways bosses and whatever other source may be added in future. Especially a new player not knowing these things would straight up get killed there, and this guide is mostly aimed at new players.

The damage reduction part is also stronger than you give it credit for. Reduced damage taken is calculated last and stacking it is one of the main survivability mechanics in this build, something i'll make more clear once I find time to rewrite parts of the guide.

@midnightL
Only thing i'd change is upgrade the weapon and farm a boot enchant in Merc Lab. It's usually better to stay ranged on Guardians, so you wouldn't get the damage bonus nor Hinder most of the time and without that, Singularity is really bad. That said, it could also just aswell be the mapmods that make the Guardians much harder. Shaper/Uber Elder is ironically easier in that regard, as it's always the same fight.

@14plus
We purely deal Lightning Damage except for the small amount of Cold to chill for Hypothermia, "gain phys as x element" statsticks do absolutely nothing for us other than blocking affix slots for more important mods.

@everyone: Thanks! If i've left out a question here, it's because someone else already answered it so please check that out. I've also reworked the "How to buy cheap gear" tutorial completely, and will do more guide reworks in the coming days/weeks/whenever I find time for it.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hey Enki, thank you for your feedback on my previous post.

"Just a regular Essence Worm would free up lots of mana, although at a 60k damage loss, which can be negated by getting a Lv21 Arc.

A Mana Leech Watcher's Eye + Sulphur Flask would be more consistent than your current Lightning Damage Watcher's + Mana Flask setup, and you barely lose damage (50% flask vs. 60% jewel) but gain survivability and can use Culling Strike on Orb of Storms.

Ahn's would give you more speed and a more consistent elemental damage protection than Elemental Aegis from Magna Eclipsis, and you don't lose anything at all if you replace two speed-oriented jewels for Fragility.

Rest of gear looks fine, but i'd rather go all out on DPS on amulet and get resistances on ring, they can overall have more resistance due to implicit while amulets have more DPS stats available. And get the Alchemist nodes asap."

I took your advice and went back to Ahn shield, you are right I didn't lose anything when i replace two of my speed-oriented jewels.

I am currently facing problem surviving against some bosses. Is it because I am not using the essence worm? I tried to increase my survivability using tempest shield. CWDT + IC + Enfeeble + tempest shield.

Also, instead of switching out my watcher eye for mana leech (I can't bear to lose 60% lightning dmg haha) I am using a shaped ring with warlock mark for mana leech. Does that work?

My current gear below.

Dernière édition par ckjh, le 14 oct. 2018 12:55:45
@ckjh It can work, but not together with Enfeeble. Unless you run +1 curse amulet.

Your mana reserved should be about 40% of your total hp for bossing. I doubt you can get it this high without Worm, but you can try. This is due to leech mechanic not enabling leeches at full hp/mana. As a result,
when you take a big hit your mana goes to 0 and you can't cast to enable leech.

Since you are using Warlord's Mark you can benefit from returning to your attack/cast speed jewels while mapping, instead of -Endurance. But not bosses. Also you can use Blood Rage (Mana Leech swap) and Culling Strike on Shield Charge for more clear speed in maps.
[Delve] Depth 1997 Solo/Volatile Dead
[Betrayal] Depth 1353 Solo/Dark Pact
[Legion] Depth 1003 Solo/Ice Spear
[Blight] Depth 1137 Solo/Dark Pact
[Metamorph] Depth 1005 Solo/Vortex
Dernière édition par zoNiklv, le 14 oct. 2018 18:41:25

Dernière édition par Jellyzerg, le 23 oct. 2018 07:40:34
So, i got my +1 lvl gems inpulsa's yesterday. Got unlinked one and linked it with mastercraft service :) Overall cost was about 28ex

With my gear and mastermind of discord + herald of thunder it was 760k dps (chilled, shaper, shocked recently. Without flasks) and 5k hp + 1870 unreserved mana.
At that point it was just about time to switch back to paragon of calamity + liege of primordial.
Now i have 5309 life, 1824 unreserved mana and 608k shaper DPS on lvl 95, plus paragon of calamity defensive options. Overall character feels very solid.
Plus today I got a pretty sweet ahn's shield corruption, took me only 5 shields to get it.

With that shield, if i understand correctly, every time i take a physical hit, I get 40% more lightning damage for 4 seconds from paragon of calamity wich is about 27k dps.
My PoB after the changes:
https://pastebin.com/x9waFYCJ
Idk what to upgrade next, probably jewels with increased effect of shock, I have only 130% now. But they are quite expensive and it's hard for me to evaluate "shock effectiveness vs flat lightning damage" since PoB can't help me in it :)
Thanks to Enki for this build again :)

p.s. I just killed depth 489 Lich that i wasn't able to kill with mastermind of discord ascendancy.
Dernière édition par blg_RealiZe, le 15 oct. 2018 04:13:33

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires