Known Issues & Common Technical Problems

I am getting a weird issue.

The game opens and I can connect fine, once I load into Lioneye's I can watch everyone move around fine and when I hit F1 my framerate is around 30 fps (I have a really old PC) but as soon as I try and move the graphics freeze. I can still hear everything and the character responds to my clicking but it's completely frozen.

I do get the message that my graphics card can't render water so I don't know if that is the issue. What's annoying is my laptop can run it with no issues. The character select screen and login screen run really smooth, much better then my laptop but I can't actually play.

Any ideas, tips, help? Thanks
Good morning,
in my game I'm having a problem with my witch, was playing on normal difficulty with it, especially in act 2 at the end when the damage virtually all my attack spells disappeared with the exception of the damage of fire trap and freeze trap, I just can not kill any enemies using magic too making it impossible for me to pass the act and at the same time appeared a strange display codes I do login.

I hope you can help me while saying what to do or if you can do something to fix this.

Thank you for your attention.
"
Im getting some crashes in client.exe when i change maps ( mostly )
The last one, when i jumped to Vaal Ruins 1, the game crashed and i got this message in windows environment:

Exception

Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code 8 Offset: 2670985216 Size:5603470

Getting the same problem, usually when portalling or using a waypoint. It seems to start when there's a patch out. Couple weeks ago re-installed and it seemed fine. Now after the latest patch gettin the error again. Not really in the mood to re-install every time there's a new patch. Any solutions?
"
korghy a écrit :
"
maikerufox a écrit :
"
korghy a écrit :
Im getting some crashes in client.exe when i change maps ( mostly )
The last one, when i jumped to Vaal Ruins 1, the game crashed and i got this message in windows environment:

Exception

Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code 8 Offset: 2670985216 Size:5603470

I'm running PoE in Windows 7 Professional, 4Gb ram
My laptop is an Asus G1Sn ( Geforce 8600GT ) w/ latest drivers

Sometimes, in some areas of PoE, i got 5 (five) FR/s!!

What can i do?

Thanks in advance

Also experiencing this. Every time I change map (besides river crossing) in Act 2. I get the aforementioned error or an Out of memory/Bad allocation error message.

I checked the log file in the installation directory - but I dunno if it is of any help since it doesn't contain that much besides the chat log and server connection stuff.

Is there anything we can do to minimize this?

The issues are still happening and now i got another error message in client.exe:

Exception
Bad Allocation

... after crash (allways when i jump to another map in Act 2).
This time, this exception occoured when i was walking into the jungle going to the Forest Encampment and jump to the entrance..
I hope someone fix this or just give a clue to resolve this annoying problem.

Best regards

-----------------------------------
Update:

After a bunch of crashes, all of them when i jumped to a TP or just change to another scenario, i discovered wierd instances of client.exe still active in my O.S. ( W7 Prof ).
These issues happening with more frequecy when i play in party (3 or more ppl ), so i decided to put the hands on the problem:

Every time when a crash occurs, the file client.exe hangs and there is no way to close the program but only killing the instance using W7 task manager or other ( i prefer "Process Explorer".

I made an upgrade in my graphic card drivers to the latest version.
I ran the PackCheck.exe file ( PackCheck Content.ggpk)
I Changed my shortcut of PoE adding -gc 2 ("C:\Program Files\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\Client.exe" -gc 2)
and before to run the game, i killed all program or instance not really necessary to the enviroment.

Result: The game ran an better, more smooth and no "crashes" at all. After to play for 2 hours, the program crash again but with some different messages:

"Audio/Sound Effects/Ambient/WaterFalls_Fires/File_large_1.loop.ogg" Decoded no data

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: Runtime error!: Path/client.exe has requested to Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Contact the support team -> ( yes i'm, doing ;)

"Art/Models/Terrain/Act3Town/Act3_town_01_01_c1r1.tgt Error: E_OUTOFMEMORY" ( run out of memory )

.... and so on...

This is just an example of log file ( in xml )

- <System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-02-06T22:09:11.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>6705</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>3HG4C37-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>Client.exe</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>510f44b9</Data>
<Data>wrap_oal.dll</Data>
<Data>2.2.0.7</Data>
<Data>4b04488c</Data>
<Data>40000015</Data>
<Data>00048441</Data>
<Data>1694</Data>
<Data>01ce04ab0e10a634</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\Client.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\wrap_oal.dll</Data>
<Data>d557e849-70a9-11e2-ac24-001e8c22b8ff</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I hope to help if this info update works as some clue to the problem.

My last resort will be download all again and make a fresh install with a real debugger in background..

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Korgh
The Real Korgh since Diablo I
Got another one..after runnin Pack Check...this time it said Bad Allocation. What is going on?
Since last patch the game interface is weird.
http://i.imgur.com/QL0uLyp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/I2CS0HQ.jpg
And some maps(tab) are really fucked up I cant understand the map at all.

How do I fix this? what files got corrupted x.x

Thanks for the help.
Dernière édition par rosti93, le 7 févr. 2013 16:46:55
Played right up until they said to log out for new patch, now I can't even start my game.. Crashes with "game has stopped responding" error when I boot it up.
I have an account and downloaded the game. everytime I try to launch the game it says unable to connect to the patch server. how do I fix this? I haven't played a rpg in a while and I'm dying to play but I can't get past this problem.
"
WookieNinja87 a écrit :
I have an account and downloaded the game. everytime I try to launch the game it says unable to connect to the patch server. how do I fix this? I haven't played a rpg in a while and I'm dying to play but I can't get past this problem.

Check your firewall rules.
It's very usual the firewall do not permit new .exe files to connect ( even updated ones ).
In your firewall program, go to options and check the rules for programs. Find client.exe (PoE) and let it bypass all ( tcp in/out ).
Maybe this helps.

Best regards
Update: 2 - The Salvation

After some investigation (google, debugged my O.S. system and have read some threads in PoE forum)finally my old game problems are fixed. I made some tests, playing continuously ( almost 5 hours ) jumping to the portals, waypoints and all ran smooth and clear. No frame drops, crashes or annoying messages like those related on my previous posts (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73322/page/12#p1108265).

My environment: Asus G1Sn
Windows 7 Professional 32 bits
4GB Ram
Intel Core2 Duo T7700 - 2,4GHz
GForce 8600M GT 256MB dedicated
500GB HDD

That's what i did: "The Cure"

a) Download and run the PackCheck fle as explained on the link below:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18531#p296516

b) Patch the registry.
This procedure avoids annoying messages caused by Windows O.S. when video card or driver has exceeded the threshold set by O.S. that determines a hung device.

Disable the system responsible for raising the fault by setting/adding the following registry value:

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
Value: TdrLevel
Type: DWORD
Data: 0

For more information, see this thread : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/108634#p1086755

c) Modify the way how Windows reserve your RAM memory ( only applies to
32-bit builds of Windows )

See this thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/108634#p1086755

Open the command prompt windows with administrative privileges (windows keyboard button + r)
Enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072" and hit enter.
Restart your computer.

d)Add -gc 2 to the end of Path of Exile shortcut target
(for more information, please see this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73322#p878390)

Also, set your game options for graphics to:

Shadow Type: No Shadow
Antialiasing Quality: 2
Texture Quality: Medium
Texture Filtering: Trilinear Filtering

This ensures better performance and avoid "possible" troubles in some old graphic cards like mine.

After to do these steps, i finnaly fixed the problem.

GOLDEN RULE TO REMEMBER:

After any new patch, always run the PackCheck fle as mentioned above BEFORE to run the game!
It's better safe than sorry

I would like to thanks to Rory, Emjayen and all people who contributed in this forum for this amazing game from GGG.

Best regards
Korgh
Dernière édition par korghy, le 8 févr. 2013 06:36:28

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires