3.23 black zenith flamewood totem, 15m dps less than 5-8d

I played flamewood totem at 3.22

with very low budget, dmg is good and very tanky, but can be very bad against enermy who doesn't hit.
for example: shaper(only trigger flamewood with slam), Drox's flag, totem boss summoned from sige map etc.

in 3.23 we have a new ascendancy Warlock of the mist, one node Choir of the demnand which summon three enermy when we hit, and they will attack us/our totem, that fixes the problem in 3.22, and the effective damage could be much higher and close to pob theory damage.

however, Warlock of the Mist also have blood magic node nad will bring 50% life reservation efficiency, so we now use hp to cast aura, in this case we could use eternal blessing with purity of element, then petrified blood, arctic armor, herald of ash, purity of fire, vitality(if u have higher hp than me), and tree nodes to keep our life unreserved at 49%.

for life regen we use Eternal Youth and Blightwell to easily get more than 5000 hp/s when we are in any flask effect duration, in this case we dont die in t16 with extra damage alt, I tested with my character with even 41% life unreserved,
without eternal blessing purity of element, I can tank boss like nothing happening.

this is my first build guild after finishing my first league(afk 4 years ago, game became very unfamiliar), so don't blame me for being a newbie.

pob: https://pobb.in/4uX1ho14Jad5

gears is what I'm currently using in 3.22 but not optimised, I will give up on suppress since we dont have tattoos any more, only tatoo I used in this pob is blood magic keystone which we will get in 3.23. there's are also tons of unused socket in this pob, so maybe we could make this build better together\

video in 3.22 for refering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtrkEdpIyhY

haven't decide anoint, in 3.22 we lack energy shield to cast totem but not anymore in 3.23, my idea is getting more recoup/recharge/max fire res. maybe totem cast speed(doesn't affect dps since flamewood has 1s CD but will make projectiles drop faster).

Dernière édition par Riki_J, le 4 déc. 2023 00:27:19
Dernier bump le 9 janv. 2024 15:59:32
do you have any gameplay videos?
"
Lyutsifer665 a écrit :
do you have any gameplay videos?

no, u can search on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtrkEdpIyhY
My build is similar with this but have an cluster jew and my gear is worse, u can find it in my account or pob, this build is slow but with new ascendancy should be much smoother.
and the build didnt get nerfed? they usually nerf builds that are too OP
the build is not op because enermy dont attack we will have 0 dps.
they buffed totem life after remove the tattoos and add enermy minions to trigger the flamewood and explosion, the downside is we need to fix other blood magic node. there's one more node unveiled in the Warlock ascendency we need to check out.
Also going to start this, so am interested to see what others are thinking.

What's your backup if the enemy doesn't hit? Is it really only shaper and that one boss? Do you just skip?

When did you switch to flamewood, how did it feel?

Personally I think I will stick with Jungroan's take on defenses and go for suppress cap, 90 res and phys as ele for defenses.

A friend of mine wants to do the blood magic angle, did you consider taking pain attunement, looks tricky to fit in the tree.

Will post my PoB when I am at my pc.
"
Titanium170 a écrit :
Also going to start this, so am interested to see what others are thinking.

What's your backup if the enemy doesn't hit? Is it really only shaper and that one boss? Do you just skip?

When did you switch to flamewood, how did it feel?

Personally I think I will stick with Jungroan's take on defenses and go for suppress cap, 90 res and phys as ele for defenses.

A friend of mine wants to do the blood magic angle, did you consider taking pain attunement, looks tricky to fit in the tree.

Will post my PoB when I am at my pc.

I don't recommend start with this bd especially following Jungroan's BD. Here are the reasons:

1, you can check Jungroan's pob or my 3.22 pob(https://pobb.in/e5thhwtmZ7mn), which allocated Tempered by War, you will find it's very hard to get the res to cap, and so many tattoos help the rejuvenation's level, suppress chances, you can't get cheap gear easily in 3.23
to achive the same level. in 3.22 my gear is about 25-30d include all tattoos and I dont want to spend more on +1 fire spell on weapon, my damage is not as high.

2, I was leveling with RF, not sure it would be same in 3.22, changed with flamewood until I have currency to buy Defiances of Destiny amulate and lv4 enlighten, the amulet is not cheap in 3.22, will 100% not be cheap in 3.23.

3, this build feels very slow in pace even in high end gear, for league starter I think faster is always better.

as I mentioned, this build is relying on ascendancy Warlock of the mist, one node Choir of the demnand, you hit boss with wave of conviction trap to trigger the curse summoned enermy to hit our totems, solved the problem that boss doesn't hit.

pain attunement is great for blood magic version, but require 7 more points, I think we might have some better options.

current blood magic pob only need lv90- and shit gear(except immutable force and bloodnotch) to run, you can check my account to see what gear I'm using(pointless mana reservation efficiency and suppress, no need to get such high res so it would be very cheap).
I tryed guardians and t16 with extra damage map alt, not tanky as before but still can face tank most hit, not a boss killer anymore. if you could enjoy slow paced gaming style, you can definitly start with this.

Dernière édition par Riki_J, le 4 déc. 2023 17:12:39
Yeah I agree 100% the gear is going to be more expensive in 3.23, but a lot of the expensive stuff is not necessary early. I don't need 90 all res day 1-3 because I'm playing SC (also tempered by war is only useful for pinnace bosses according to jung).

I am assuming defiance of destiny will be unaffordable, so taken that out. I'm thinking about using replica dragonfang instead, but that slot is open. For bosses I can pump even more dps (again SC) with an annihilating light as an option.

Honestly my main concern is as you say, speed on league start. Thinking I might need a different build for day 1/2 and switch.

Here's a more endgame PoB since most people like to see that rather the cheap version. (Cluster is for fulcrum tech, yeah I know its another expensive item)
https://pobb.in/rwGqLm41p4o5
Dernière édition par Titanium170, le 4 déc. 2023 21:26:37
did you get this build working in 3.23?
"
Lyutsifer665 a écrit :
did you get this build working in 3.23?

I didn't test but can promise u this build is stronger than 3.22, read the patch note, rejuvenation totem and flamewood support have more and increased totem life per quality.

once I get enough currency I will test this in 3.23, Rain of Splinters is too expensive now

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires