[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

"
xNuj a écrit :
Hey I've been lurking on this page and I made a dual sword version, but man it feels lackluster for the investment I've put into it. This is the first league I've played since betrayal, but it just feels terrible. Clear speed is not good and while ST is amazing (thanks headsman), I still get one shot constantly and I have 1k more life than you do. I really love the build aesthetically but I might have to go back to my lightning arrow to farm faster than a snails pace

edit: any tips for improving clear speed would be appreciated. I just don't think this will compete with any meta builds sadly

I'm sorry homie, but that's why I wrote a guide and made several posts showing my gear progression from leveling to current gear.

If you're coming back to the game after a long break, trying to figure things out on your own is just asking for frustration. The game has changed A LOT since Betrayal and defensive requirements are much steeper now.

You can't just get by like you were used to picking up only DPS buffs; you need defensive Auras like Purity of Elements, Determination or Grace. You need good Granite/Jade Flasks and you need to cap Chaos res.

You should follow what I am doing, if you want to see the same results I'm getting. I just don't have time to evaluate/fix people's custom setups.

GL
"
sirswears a écrit :
I will give those two a try on the pantheon, thank you for the info. Was running Arakaali and Shikari to offset chaos damage/dots since I didn't have much mitigation early league. Saw your builds and bought into the antivenom skill from cluster.

Opened up my profile for viewing.

You can't have 2 flasks that give you Evasion. Only one will apply. Grab two flasks like this instead:

Grab Phasing from the tree, along with Bleed and Corrupted Blood immunity masteries, also grab all the +max res nodes in tree.

You don't need Precision at lvl 20. The higher the level, the more mana it reserves. Look at the level I am using. You just want to level it enough to keep your Accuracy higher than Life.

Switch your Life Flask to Curse Removal. Else you're not getting Max Rage on-demand from Emancipation Belt.

Overall toon is looking fine though, just keep upgrading and grab Vengeant Cascade annoint for a big boost to DPS.

GL

"
ultra_super_hyper a écrit :
Thoughts on Vengeant Cascade?

I posted on Page 6 about how good it is. It's awesome with Splitting, better than Nimis. Anoint it ASAP!

GL
there is no way you are clearing maps with any kind of time efficiency. i run purity of elements, have 79/78/79 all res, vengeant cascade, probably need to work on chaos res, bosses go down smoothly but the skills/links themselves do not clear much aoe at all (even with gmp which makes vengeant cascade really feel nice). i'll probably just be selling some of this gear and to make a build that actually has output
"
xNuj a écrit :
there is no way you are clearing maps with any kind of time efficiency. i run purity of elements, have 79/78/79 all res, vengeant cascade, probably need to work on chaos res, bosses go down smoothly but the skills/links themselves do not clear much aoe at all (even with gmp which makes vengeant cascade really feel nice). i'll probably just be selling some of this gear and to make a build that actually has output

LOL, wtf... Did you just nonchalantly call me a liar?

First of all, you're not playing my build, you're playing a janky setup you came up with yourself, so don't blame me or this guide for your inability to put a proper setup together.

Second, I've been making builds for years, have never had anything to hide, or any reason to mislead people.

Here's a quick T16 Defiled Cathedral I just recorded for you to judge for yourself:

YouTube: 3.21 T16 Defiled Cathedral (Light Juiced Mapping)

Now granted that wasn't a mega juiced map, but it's enough to get the gist of the clear-speed.

Maybe you should pick your words more carefully, lest you end up looking like someone who thinks they know what they are talking about, when they really don't...

Either way, GL with whatever build you go with

EDIT: oops... meant Defiled Cathedral
Dernière édition par corosou, le 18 avr. 2023 19:25:53
Thanks for the reply!

I saw that in the defiled cathedral video you posted, you just have 3k health. Is that going to scale much higher you think? Would we still be really tanky seeing as how this is a champ?
Hey ! I've been leveling and gearing as you advise and it's doing wonders. I'm currently starting the maps and spent a lot of time trading and playing with sockets to have decent sockets and it's making a huge difference.

I read some of your previous answers and you mentionned you have precision at lvl 2, is there a reason for the others gems not to be leveled up ?
"
ultra_super_hyper a écrit :
Thanks for the reply!

I saw that in the defiled cathedral video you posted, you just have 3k health. Is that going to scale much higher you think? Would we still be really tanky seeing as how this is a champ?

I usually stick around 3.5k, which feels fine for me, but there's plenty of DPS we can drop for more Life, if you feel you need it.

Just remember that you have to keep Accuracy higher than whatever Life you choose to have.

GL
"
hazu___ a écrit :
Hey ! I've been leveling and gearing as you advise and it's doing wonders. I'm currently starting the maps and spent a lot of time trading and playing with sockets to have decent sockets and it's making a huge difference.

I read some of your previous answers and you mentionned you have precision at lvl 2, is there a reason for the others gems not to be leveled up ?

Glad to hear things are working well!

So, Precision we level just to get our Accuracy higher than life. We don't crit, so we don't get any other benefit from it. In 3.21 I am also linking it to Arrogance, so it reserves a bit of Life instead of Mana, so I can take advantage of the +1 all Resistances under the Reservation Mastery.

CWDT + Molten Shell I keep low level because the amount of DMG required to trigger CWDT increases with the gem level. Lvl 2 requires a very small difference from Lvl 1 to trigger, so that's what I pick for more triggering.

Divine Blessing, like Precision, has increased Mana cost the higher the level.

That's all I think...

GL

EDIT: Just noticed you're leveling with regular Wings of Entropy, which is fine, since you're not using Brutality yet, but I've never used them myself early on and I'm curious... how do you like them?
Dernière édition par corosou, le 18 avr. 2023 19:40:46
Hello, first I want to start by saying thank you. I've played PoE for hundreds of hours but this is the first time I've been able to really push the end-game atlas and work on clearing shaper thanks to this build (I usually end up quitting after getting one shot on cyclone builds a few too many times and quit the league). I started a Steelchamp in the past following a different guide and it worked well, but it didn't work nearly as well as this one. So thank you very much for making such an easy to follow build with notes on progression all the way from acts to red maps!

I have a few questions because I don't really know where to progress my character from where I am right now. I die a bit due to my own skill issue so I'm leveling up rather slowly. I picked up an Atziri's Disfavour but I don't really know what to socket in there, I dropped some notables for points to put into a cluster jewel that I found (which was probably a mistake because I die a bit more). Other than leveling my character for more points where should I go from here?

Thanks again!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires