[3.19] Donkster5' LS Champ - Still great! Leaguestart to endgame SC and HC. Updated 8/18

Very nice build and guide :-)

Currently at L50/A6.

Soul Raker however is the clincher... Once you get that everything gets a LOT easier. I was playing a 3L for a long time as I hadn't found a decent 4L, so I used Vigilant Strike for Fortify. It worked, but wasn't as smooth as in the 4L.

Once Soul Raker was taken, I could add Anger, and everything is smooth sailing now.

My gear for reference. I caved and bought the Mortem Morsu for 1C...
Spoiler
"
Uramir a écrit :
However, I have a small question: in your high level setup, I see that you no longer use the Fortify gem in your 6-link setup. So how do you get the fortify buff? Did I miss something?

The second ascendancy node, 'Fortitude', gives Fortify :-)
New PoB: https://pastebin.com/2AG2PEdd PoB finally updated support for new gems so I've properly switched War Banner out for the intended gem, Defiance Banner.

Sorry if that wasn't clear before.
~Donkster5
Thanks for the build! So far I am doing great in white maps and there's clear indication that yellow will be same. Bosses melt now with VAAL version and when I realized that you need to stand a bit further from them, not straight into face, but not far away too, like 1-2m away.

One thing I decided to change was static strike setup. I have nothing against it, but I am lazy and really don't want to mash it constantly (tried it, it is not for me).
So I took Arcanist Brand + Wave of Conviction + Elemental Weakness (Conductivity would do too, but thought maybe there's more benefit in lowering all resistances). As a fourth link, it could be Hydrosphere or Elemental Proliferation (currently running with prolif). Also, you could apply Mark this way, but it is very short and not worth it, imho.
This setup is great for bosses too, although feel like overkill.

Regarding Rage generation, I bought 2 Brightbeaks and put Chain Hook + Attack Speed + Hydrosphere. You swap to these weapons before boss, put Hydrosphere down and hit it with Chain Hook, you get rage maxed out.
Honestly never bothered, bosses die quickly so far, but maybe for endgame bosses it will be very relevant.
Here's a video from FastAF, explaining how to increase boss damage for various builds(inc. Chain Hook method): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20xg1jitiRo
Dernière édition par ShoveMoneyDeeper, le 26 juil. 2021 09:55:36
Also, experimenting now with Ancestral Protector + Culling Strike + Blind + Ancestral Call. If anything, looks cool when a bunch of them just mash mobs :D Multiple get culled, blinded...
"
mysboy6 a écrit :
hello , thanks for your nice guide , look very fun . I thinking to pick this build to starter after i feel bored of tr bc the mana issue , may i ask :
1.how hard it is to transition from campaign to map ?
2.how is the leveling ?
3.how much do i need to invest to run up to red map ?
4.how is champion compare to raider

FYI, Mana nerf is getting partially reversed, but to answer your questions:
1. Super easy, just keep leveling and gearing. I didn't put in a ton of hours this weekend so I'm only in early maps and still rocking a 4Link. I definitely need a 5-link, but with that I should be good up to red maps.
2. Based off the reactions in these forums and my own experience. Leveling is good. You do need to pay attention to upgrading your weapon as you go. Big improvements are found when you get Soul Raker and can swap out Lifetap for Trinity.
3. Red Maps? Nothing, but feel free to grab some cheap QoL stuff. Its super budget friendly. To farm T16s without dying will take some better gear, but I was doing T15 ultimatums in SSFHC on a 5link chest last league. The budget starts growing if you want to continue with the build and try for bosses. It can be done, but your probably looking at ~30 ex to do it, and even then its not going to one-shot them unless you raise your budget much more. The fights take time, which I don't mind as you learn how to fight the bosses. Its tanky enough though to avoid most one-shots.
4. Champion is tankier with less investment/button managment. Raider is faster. DPS-wise, they're similar.
~Donkster5
"
Cyzax a écrit :
Very nice build and guide :-)

Currently at L50/A6.

Soul Raker however is the clincher... Once you get that everything gets a LOT easier. I was playing a 3L for a long time as I hadn't found a decent 4L, so I used Vigilant Strike for Fortify. It worked, but wasn't as smooth as in the 4L.

Once Soul Raker was taken, I could add Anger, and everything is smooth sailing now.

My gear for reference. I caved and bought the Mortem Morsu for 1C...
Spoiler

Hey, good to hear. If you're playing trade, you might as well pick up some cheap QoL gear to level. No point struggling to do it SSF unless you really are playing that way.
~Donkster5
"
ShoveMoneyDeeper a écrit :
Also, experimenting now with Ancestral Protector + Culling Strike + Blind + Ancestral Call. If anything, looks cool when a bunch of them just mash mobs :D Multiple get culled, blinded...

Cool idea with the Arcanist Brand setup. I used an OoS setup to get Power charges and apply conductivity, but the brand stays with the monster which is nice. Yeah, assassins mark is really only useful with ring for on hit, conductivity or elemental weakness is the way to go till then.

I only really worry about culling for the bosses, but the visual for multiple ancestors off one totem is pretty funny.
~Donkster5
"
Donkster5 a écrit :
"
Cyzax a écrit :
My post

Hey, good to hear. If you're playing trade, you might as well pick up some cheap QoL gear to level. No point struggling to do it SSF unless you really are playing that way.

Thanks, but I usually try to reach maps on my first character in a league without spending much currency. At the moment, this build is clearing everything without problem, so no great need :-p
Dernière édition par Cyzax, le 26 juil. 2021 16:18:43
What's the order of upgrades, more or less? Not sure what to aim for to upgrade damage. Got weapon almost 400 ele dps, so Farrul's next?
Dernière édition par ShoveMoneyDeeper, le 27 juil. 2021 15:41:54

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires