[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

"
Korpivaellus a écrit :
Which stance i should use in blood and sand?

sand.
"
Korpivaellus a écrit :
Which stance i should use in blood and sand?

Make sure you are using the Flesh and Stone gem. It’s confusing because there is a blood and sand gem as well that gives blood and sand stance.

Sand stance is defensive and your default stance. If you have versatile stance passives allocated, then you get a really nice offensive bonus for switching back and forth. Sand stance is just fine if you don’t like switching it, but for bosses, switching to blood stance gives a decently big offensive buff. Each time you switch you get buffed attack speed for a few seconds on top of any other built-in buffs.
~Donkster5
Hello!

I just wanted a clarification regarding bows for this build.

So if I understand correctly, we don't care about the bow's physical damage.

Meaning we're only interested in attack speed, +x to gem levels and bonuses to DoT, right?

Also, for leveling, which quiver is best between Skirmish and Asphyxia's Wrath?

Thanks!

Where do we stand on the mod 'Bow Attacks Fire An Additional Arrow'?

This look pretty good for this build
Dernière édition par Korpivaellus, le 6 mai 2021 16:29:34
"
wicked_potato_PoE a écrit :
Hello!

I just wanted a clarification regarding bows for this build.

So if I understand correctly, we don't care about the bow's physical damage.

Meaning we're only interested in attack speed, +x to gem levels and bonuses to DoT, right?

Also, for leveling, which quiver is best between Skirmish and Asphyxia's Wrath?

Thanks!

You are correct regarding bows... the dps of the bow is completely inconsequential. We scale AS, +# gems, and DoT Multiplier are the key elements. I’ve got a really good bow linked in the build guide.

Skirmish!
~Donkster5
"
biglimezzana a écrit :

Where do we stand on the mod 'Bow Attacks Fire An Additional Arrow'?

It is nice to have a 2-3 extra arrows as it helps with clear speed and ground coverage, but it’s not going to scale your damage. Hence, why dying sun is a great QoL flask for us, but not mandatory. Extra projectiles aren’t going to hurt you, so if it’s on an otherwise good bow, great, but i’m not actively looking for it.

Re: the bow you posted, it’s not great for this build as it’s AS is quite low. Really the only good thing about it is the +3 to gems, the extra arrow and projectile speed is a little QoL, but the poison and phys dps really don’t help us at all. This bow isn’t too bad for CA, but I’d actively look for another bow with much higher AS, even if it was only +1 or 2 to gems. It’s really important and feels much better.
~Donkster5
"
Korpivaellus a écrit :

This look pretty good for this build

That bow is plenty good enough to take you into the endgame. It’s good but not great. See if you can change the craft to DoT Multi instead of chaos damage. They should both be suffixes.

Your colors should be 4G 1R 1B as efficacy or concentrated effect will nearly as good or better than level 3/4 Empower due to the +2 bow gems.
~Donkster5
Is it normal to have ballista totems instantly die, particularly in mechanics like ultimatum? The build's been pretty smooth in most content so far, just something I'm wondering resolves itself as Ballista totem gets more levels
Just took out Sirius 8 with a build very close to this one, wanted to link a pastebin since this build was able to very easily start the league and succeed through red maps broke, grind maps for cash and end up below.

https://pastebin.com/mWPecSAP

Biggest change I made was spec'ing into Panopticon manually and opt'ing OUT of cluster jewels, with the exception of an insane self crafted sleepless sentires/snaring spirits. This let me run tanky totems to the extent that I could drop 5 in an Ultimatum and they lived longer than 2 seconds, this was somewhat a problem for early mapping in this build. (I even see it being a problem in the OP's latest video).

I was leveling through early mapping, I found it difficult to "easy mode" ultimatums though as the totems would die to quickly when I ran rip-y as F maps.

I planned on running chaos multi clusters and annointing panopticon but honestly, the dps was insane always. Sirius 8 melted like butter and I didnt even swap in my %40 toxic rain dmg hat, and opt'd for a %fortify effect helm instead. At first I just grabbed Ironwood but the physical and elemental nodes leading up to it were very impactful as well T16.

In place of Panopticon annoint, I was able to annoint Growth and decay for another 20% chaos, 10% chaos multi over time and 1% life regen. This helped offset he loss of cluster jewel multi, then building out to Method to the Madness tree node you can bake in another 12% multi and 30% chaos flat dmg (and get boosted max chaos res, I weirdly enough found an insane syndicate belt with 45~ chaos res so maxing was lucky [cuz im an asshole with good luck]).

Im also running only one Iolite ring with a 30% dmg essence craft on it, saved the other ring slot for an unset as I took forever to decide not to have clarity and got a quiver with +mana on hit, then just peppered in blast rain (for curse on hit) between every couple totems, worked like a charm. I should swap it for another Iolite but again, the dmg is NOT the problem with this build.

Excellent pick for endgame, excellent pick for Ultimatum grinding, AMAZING clear speed!!!!!!!!! Seriously.....I clear mobs offscreen behind me sure, but bum rushing the boss of maps still mostly ended up having less than 40 monsters left all while my friends think Im an asshole for playing too fast =P

A+, would play again. TY for spending time typing this up, everyone on the thread.
Dernière édition par ghenna64, le 8 mai 2021 11:38:14

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires