[3.14] Jack the axe Bladestorm Glad - Max Block, 2000 Life leech, 2mil+ dps [League starter/ender]

hey, new player here. been using this build as a guide for my first character, and even at low levels without the unique items the skill/passive combos feel really good. had a few questions about the fundamentals of the build though, as an inexperienced player. for example, what is the upside to taking the Iron Reflexes passive, and focusing evasion rating on the armor pieces as opposed to going for high armor/armor boosting passives in the first place?
"
chrisdip55 a écrit :
hey, new player here. been using this build as a guide for my first character, and even at low levels without the unique items the skill/passive combos feel really good. had a few questions about the fundamentals of the build though, as an inexperienced player. for example, what is the upside to taking the Iron Reflexes passive, and focusing evasion rating on the armor pieces as opposed to going for high armor/armor boosting passives in the first place?

Evasion gives you a chance to evade, when you dont evade the physical damage is then reduced by your physical damage reduction from your armour.

Having high block, we dont get hit as much so we benefit more from the reduced damage when we are hit. It prevents getting one shot more.
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
"
Jankomatic a écrit :
I finally got this running pretty well. My hopefully last question. Thirst for Blood says it connects the nearest 5 bleeding mobs via lines to you and leeches from them. I never ever see these lines and I have killed 100s and 100s of mobs, so I know they have been bleeding. :) Buff is activated as well, so what am I missing here?

I dont think they added a visual effect for this sadly
"
Regenpijp a écrit :
My 2cents.

For shield, consider Lioneye's Remorse Pinnacle Tower Shield

For body armour, consider "Belly of the Beast Full Wyrmscale".
You can buy a cheap one with good stats, and then buy the prophecy "Jeweller's touch" for easy 5 link. Or buy 5L.

Increased "Melee damage" does not help bleed. Only global physical and weapon damage. (so the spikey gloves wb better just with +physical damage to attacks)

Also flasks are important for their immunities, stats, and relatively easy to fix.
1. Take a flask, normal, and make 20% quality with 4xglassblowers bauble (you can go to Weylan (Oriath) and buy with Whetstones 8:1
2. Roll transmutation, and then Alteration until you get the PREfix you want, WITHOUT an suffix!
3. Go to the Beastiary and add the SUFFIX you need, available suffixes are all the "removed <effect> + immune to <effect> during flask", like curse, bleed, shock etc.

If you need more idea's about what people are going for, consider looking at similar build high end players. For instance by filtering on Poe.ninja
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Gladiator&skill=Bladestorm&keystone=Gratuitous-Violence,Resolute-Technique,Blood-in-the-Eyes,Crimson-Dance&heatmap

For amulet annointment, consider "Command of Steel" as good and bit cheaper option. I think it is more or less the "BiS" for similar builds.

THIS

thank you. Im playing around with different skills this league so dont have a character to link. but yes, this is what id say too.
"
XvXReaperXvX a écrit :
"
chrisdip55 a écrit :

Evasion gives you a chance to evade, when you dont evade the physical damage is then reduced by your physical damage reduction from your armour.

Having high block, we dont get hit as much so we benefit more from the reduced damage when we are hit. It prevents getting one shot more.

okay cool, that makes sense. however, is there a specific advantage to using Iron Reflexes and using gear pieces that have mostly evasion instead of armor? I thought IR was meant as like a bonus to your armor from any leftover EvR, while you'd still want gear with mainly armor. on this build, most of the gear has high evasion rather than armor.
Hi Reaper

First of thanks for makign the build, it is a lot of fun.

Just a question though regarding block chance.., how did you get it to 75% for both phys and spell?

I have pretty much identical skill tree and similar gear but I am only at 57% block chance for both spell and phys and as a result I am getting annihilated in Ulti trials..
how good is +1 bladestorm on helm,is it worth it?
"
domac a écrit :
how good is +1 bladestorm on helm,is it worth it?

depend on what you sacrifice for it :) no right answer!
no longer playing league. no further updates for this league at least. have fun guys
"
XvXReaperXvX a écrit :
no longer playing league. no further updates for this league at least. have fun guys

so sad :(

gonna ask about optimize for high dmg :(

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires