[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

"
DeadManWalkin a écrit :
Thinking about this for next league as I have never played SST before. Do you plan to update the guide for 3.11?

edit: also, how important to have is the helm enchant? and if it is important, how important is having +5 over "just" +3?

I will definetly update the build for 3.11.

As i understood there will be a lot of tree changes, mostly 2hand but maybe also shields get some love :)

Helm enchant is only nice to have. It's a little bit extra clear. But with bleed explosions i won't worry if you don't get it / want to go for something else.

"
S4l3m a écrit :
"
settonull99 a écrit :
Well thanks again for the build. Definitely recommend it! Only my second league playing the end game, managed to do 38/40 and got to see a ton of the game - you weren't joking about all content. Uber Elder demolished me, but I got to see the fight at least! And here I just started this build because I thought it might be fun and needed to start a new character to play with my wife. :)

+1

Yeah, fun and potent build, having a blast!

Thanks. Glad you enjoy the build.
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
This build is crazy!

I played more than 10 builds this league but this was by far the tankiest and one of the smoothest.

Reached maps and decided to try a T16 map for the lulz with just a tabula, goldrim and a 1ex shield I just bought and totally destroyed everything. Barely saw my HP go down.

Boss killing is not top tier as expected with a dot build, but very respectable (I'm using the pob someone posted in this thread with more cluster jewels).

Don't know if I would recommend as a league starter though, as the map clearing is shit before you have the threshold jewel and spectral shield throw is very rough in beginning even with full set of leveling gear. Build only starts to shine after act 5 or so.

Super recommended.
Thanks for the build :)
Thank you for the build, PoE is fun again.
Thanks for the inspiration for 3.11!

Looking at the patch notes, not too much seems to have changed, mainly Vaal molten shell got buffed/nerfed (more armor, more dps but less absorb).

The new "Transcendence" timeless keystone may be interresting for the build (Your armour applies to elemental damage instead, -5% max res)
Everything got nerfed. So patch looks good for SST.

They updated Command of Steel which is now 75% increased Damage. pretty good. I think it's again worth the travel to the right.

Soul of Steel & Bloodletting lost their Damage reduce, and also Vaal Molten Shell got nerfed.

But normal Molten shell is the same and max. Block is still tanky.

I will try to look a bit deeper into the tree and try to adapt my pob asap.

Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
"
paLe1337 a écrit :
Everything got nerfed. So patch looks good for SST.

They updated Command of Steel which is now 75% increased Damage. pretty good. I think it's again worth the travel to the right.

Soul of Steel & Bloodletting lost their Damage reduce, and also Vaal Molten Shell got nerfed.

But normal Molten shell is the same and max. Block is still tanky.

I will try to look a bit deeper into the tree and try to adapt my pob asap.

Dissapointing they removed the phys damage reduction. Iron Grip was moved and will probably cost a few extra passives to get. Gladiatorial combat is now placed between testudo and retaliation.

I think I will use Prismatic Eclipse with 3 green sockets but those colours aren't really useful. Relentless Fury might also be an option. I used red nightmare and advancing fortress to max out block in delirium but I don't think either are necessary with the changes, whilst still using cluster jewels.

A quick look with the new tree has me thinking there will be more damage and more life than I had with this build in both delirium and metamorph.

The berserking notable also only gives 6% attack speed now, and lust for carnage got buffed, and with iron grip being moved you will probably path right by it anyway.

Path of the warrior was nerfed, monsters no longer have reduced damage reduction against your hits.

Am I correct in seeing that we have even less ways to scale this build now that "increased damage with ailments while holding a shield" has been removed from the Defiance wheel, Retaliation Wheel, Solidity and Precise Interception? So these nodes have no effect on bleed damage anymore?

For what its worth "increased damage with ailments while holding a shield" still remains on the Aggressive Bastion wheel, which seems incredibly inconsistent.

I've played SST for the past 3 leagues, loving each iteration, including this build but at this point with these changes it just feels like it's DOA with even fewer ways to scale up our damage.

Can anyone talk me off the ledge on this? Am I wrong on my interpretation of the changes?
"
ForceTen a écrit :
now that "increased damage with ailments while holding a shield" has been removed from the Defiance wheel, Retaliation Wheel, Solidity and Precise Interception? So these nodes have no effect on bleed damage anymore?

None of those had ailment damage, at least not in delirium. Defiance got a small buff, solidity and precise interception are unchanged and retaliation wheel has gladiatorial combat in it now.
I was mistaken, looks like the wording was changed after 3.9.
https://pastebin.com/vxDQV6RX

This is the tree I plan on using. I have used red nightmare for block chance, but you can change that for advancing fortress, or use neither but it will cost points from cluster jewels. There is plenty of room for improvement, the jewels could be much better, I want to use a large, 2 mediums and 2 smalls.

I would anoint Command of Steel

nb: I use the community fork of PoB, not sure if that link works on the regular PoB.
Dernière édition par el_indio, le 19 juin 2020 04:19:32

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires