3.8| Stress Free PoE - HOLY RF |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

It's Thanksgiving in my part of the world. So thanks for your patience with some of my delayed responses.

But more importantly, I pray, whether life is great or full of pain, that you all are able to see things in your life that you are truly grateful for.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Wrecker_of_Days a écrit :
It's Thanksgiving in my part of the world. So thanks for your patience with some of my delayed responses.

But more importantly, I pray, whether life is great or full of pain, that you all are able to see things in your life that you are truly grateful for.

Happy Thanksgiving.

I have two questions:

1- This might have been answered in your first post, but I haven't found it, so I'll ask here instead. Do you have any suggested anointments for amulets for this build?

2- Do you really need CWDT on a level 20 Molten Shell? That's a lot of damage just to trigger Molten Shell. I was thinking putting the current CWDT in the weapon slot onto the Glove/Boot and putting Stone Golem and Holy Relic on the weapon, so level 11 Molten Shell can trigger off of the same CWDT as the Purifying Flame and the Wave of Conviction. It would open up spots, possibly for adding life to the golem via Empower or Minion Life support.

I'm working on my own version of it, so hopefully by the end of the weekend I will be ready to anoint an amulet, assuming the rest of the items I choose work well. Once I get to high enough level, I will test the CWDT Molten Shell as well, unless you have better advice on the matter.
Thank you for your time, and have a nice day.
Dernière édition par AceOfJacks1, le 12 oct. 2019 22:37:36
"
AceOfJacks1 a écrit :
Spoiler
"

Happy Thanksgiving.

I have two questions:

1- This might have been answered in your first post, but I haven't found it, so I'll ask here instead. Do you have any suggested anointments for amulets for this build?

2- Do you really need CWDT on a level 20 Molten Shell? That's a lot of damage just to trigger Molten Shell. I was thinking putting the current CWDT in the weapon slot onto the Glove/Boot and putting Stone Golem and Holy Relic on the weapon, so level 11 Molten Shell can trigger off of the same CWDT as the Purifying Flame and the Wave of Conviction. It would open up spots, possibly for adding life to the golem via Empower or Minion Life support.

I'm working on my own version of it, so hopefully by the end of the weekend I will be ready to anoint an amulet, assuming the rest of the items I choose work well. Once I get to high enough level, I will test the CWDT Molten Shell as well, unless you have better advice on the matter.
Thank you for your time, and have a nice day.
Thanks for your patience this weekend AceOfJacks1. I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you. How's the build going? Did you get good playing time throughout the weekend? To answer your questions:

1) I don't go crazy with these types of gameplay additions. I would typically just add what I really wish I could have in the game but had to scrap. Elemental Equilibrium would be awesome (it's probably really expensive). Yes, we hit often with fire damage, but if you added lightning damage to your attacks, I think Cyclone would hit the enemies often enough that you'd get more of a benefit from EE than a negative consequence. Also, Inexorable I assume is quite cheap. Adding that to your gear would save you 5 passive points to re-allocate anywhere.

2) I think your suggested gem combo works really well together! I personally don't mind a guard skill on a level 20 CwDT with this build just because we're always getting hit. My intention isn't for the skill to always be up, but there is a huge benefit to a slightly lower level Guard skill "always" being active. You have a great idea! As far as I know, I find that my two minions are always active. I think one thing with Holy Relic (especially if you're using Cyclone) is that linking Culling Strike with it works wonders.

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Let me know how your version of the build is going!

Thanks again for your patience with the response.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
I am working on a version of the build. Once I get to play the build in higher level maps and see how it performs in endgame, I might start to min-max.

I like a few things about this build:
Poison immunity, bleed immunity, soon-to-be max chaos resistance.
Just finished the story. I will update when I test it out a little more.

For this current version, I am currently wearing:
I should probably upgrade this at some point.
It's either this, or Rise of the Phoenix, since they both give higher "max fire res" than rares can give.
Bleed immunity seems too good to pass up.

Also wearing a Watcher's Eye with poison immunity amd a DoT multiplier.

I know there is a ton of room for improvement, but I think this is a decent start.

Re: That anointment:
There is an anoint-only passive called "Tenacity" which gives:
- 5% increased maximum Life
- Transfiguration of Body (increases and reductions to maximum life also apply to Attack damage at 30% of their value)
I think this might possibly be a dps boost for the build. Not too sure, since we rely on the fire dps from RF, not from links to Cyclone.
If this anoint doesn't work out, I might just find the highest life node on the tree and find a way to work the anointment into there somehow, similar to the suggestion of Inexorable and saving 5 points that way. Or possibly adding more strength nodes to get that Doon Cuebiyari to 100% damage boost via 800 strength.

Re: the Empower gem on the Holy Relic and Stone Golem: When the Empower eventually levels up, it will boost the Golem and the Relic, and thus boost the life regeneration they provide as well as give the Golem a little more life. The Empower is primarily to get more life regen since higher levels boosts the life regen.

Edit: I was thinking about the final Ascendancy. In your first post, you list Arohongui, Moon's Presence, but I'm not sure if that is the way to go for this specific version. I was actually thinking Ramako, Sun's Light, because I have been melting all the content pre-maps so far. Maybe if/when I get to red maps I will understand the need for more damage reduction, but so far I don't even have to use my totem until I hit a boss. I melt all rare mobs, all random unique mobs in a map, but go for the totem at like the act boss or something. Maybe it's because I'm still in the story, and everything is relatively weak.
Dernière édition par AceOfJacks1, le 17 oct. 2019 22:24:38
"
AceOfJacks1 a écrit :
Spoiler
I am working on a version of the build. Once I get to play the build in higher level maps and see how it performs in endgame, I might start to min-max.

I like a few things about this build:
Poison immunity, bleed immunity, soon-to-be max chaos resistance.
Just finished the story. I will update when I test it out a little more.

For this current version, I am currently wearing:
I should probably upgrade this at some point.
It's either this, or Rise of the Phoenix, since they both give higher "max fire res" than rares can give.
Bleed immunity seems too good to pass up.

Also wearing a Watcher's Eye with poison immunity amd a DoT multiplier.

I know there is a ton of room for improvement, but I think this is a decent start.

Re: That anointment:
There is an anoint-only passive called "Tenacity" which gives:
- 5% increased maximum Life
- Transfiguration of Body (increases and reductions to maximum life also apply to Attack damage at 30% of their value)
I think this might possibly be a dps boost for the build. Not too sure, since we rely on the fire dps from RF, not from links to Cyclone.
If this anoint doesn't work out, I might just find the highest life node on the tree and find a way to work the anointment into there somehow, similar to the suggestion of Inexorable and saving 5 points that way. Or possibly adding more strength nodes to get that Doon Cuebiyari to 100% damage boost via 800 strength.

Re: the Empower gem on the Holy Relic and Stone Golem: When the Empower eventually levels up, it will boost the Golem and the Relic, and thus boost the life regeneration they provide as well as give the Golem a little more life. The Empower is primarily to get more life regen since higher levels boosts the life regen.

Edit: I was thinking about the final Ascendancy. In your first post, you list Arohongui, Moon's Presence, but I'm not sure if that is the way to go for this specific version. I was actually thinking Ramako, Sun's Light, because I have been melting all the content pre-maps so far. Maybe if/when I get to red maps I will understand the need for more damage reduction, but so far I don't even have to use my totem until I hit a boss. I melt all rare mobs, all random unique mobs in a map, but go for the totem at like the act boss or something. Maybe it's because I'm still in the story, and everything is relatively weak.
Thank you for your patience AceOfJacks1. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

You have an awesome setup! I like the changes you've made! Feel free to share a video of it if you like. It's always cool seeing how people's versions of my builds play out! You've really thought it out well and I love that you're maxing Chaos Resist. And I love the boots too.

I chose Arogongui over Ramako because of the defence. Because we're using Holy Flame Totem, it adds a whole level of defence that is basically free. If you're finding that you don't need the defence in the center of the atlas then definitely switch! I mean, switch anything you like anytime I guess :). Just remember about the defence if you end up needing it.

Awesome post. Sorry it took so long to respond. I hope you're enjoying PoE. Let me know how things go as you progress.

Annnnnd

"
Thank you for your patience AceOfJacks1. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

You have an awesome setup! I like the changes you've made! Feel free to share a video of it if you like. It's always cool seeing how people's versions of my builds play out! You've really thought it out well and I love that you're maxing Chaos Resist. And I love the boots too.

I chose Arogongui over Ramako because of the defence. Because we're using Holy Flame Totem, it adds a whole level of defence that is basically free. If you're finding that you don't need the defence in the center of the atlas then definitely switch! I mean, switch anything you like anytime I guess :). Just remember about the defence if you end up needing it.

Awesome post. Sorry it took so long to respond. I hope you're enjoying PoE. Let me know how things go as you progress.

No need to apologize. Real life always comes before video games.

I allocated Blood Siphon (10% max life, +5 life on kill, +20 str) on the Amulet, since the anointment that was on it when I purchased the amulet did very little for the build. Currently level 82, 6700 life. When I hit 90, I will try Uber Elder, assuming I think the build is ready.

I know that with your medical issues, there is an issue with lots of things moving on the screen at the same time, so the build doesn't mind a slower movespeed and a slower clear speed. This is perfect for my wife if she ever decides she wants to try the build for herself, but I play a little faster than she does, so that's why I went with the Quicksilver + Silver flask, to help myself move a little faster in between mobs.

Currently doing yellow shaped maps, just to get a better feel for the character now that I switched over to some higher level gems. I still need to level up my Empower gems, but I have another issue that might be due to my lack of understanding.
If I stand in front of a multi-lane blight encounter, even with cold and minions towers, I have to protect the pump from multiple directions. In cases like these, I find myself dying rather quickly. Sometimes my life just gets drained from too many monsters hitting me at the same time, sometimes it's my Golem or Holy Relic dying and then I have to move away to re-summon them or wait until the mob is dead and re-summon them. I MIGHT have to go back to your original suggestion of max Molten Shell and putting a level 20 CWDT with the Molten Shell, Golem, and Relic. I would have to manually cast them before I opened a map though, so that they can be active as soon as I go into a map.

I assume it's just that I don't have a lot of practice with melee characters. I'm used to casters or minion builds, where my character is usually a safe distance away from the mob in question. But if a blight encounter on a BLUE tier 8 shaped map can kill me (despite be facerolling all the other mobs on the map) then I think it's EITHER me doing something wrong, or blight monsters are just too OP.

EDIT: video as per request: https://youtu.be/vX8g-0N3Lyw
Dernière édition par AceOfJacks1, le 20 oct. 2019 17:43:45
Quick question, why nobody here plays EE? I used to play RF a lot and its basicaly as important as EO in the build. Thanks!
"
"
AceOfJacks1 a écrit :
Spoiler
No need to apologize. Real life always comes before video games.

I allocated Blood Siphon (10% max life, +5 life on kill, +20 str) on the Amulet, since the anointment that was on it when I purchased the amulet did very little for the build. Currently level 82, 6700 life. When I hit 90, I will try Uber Elder, assuming I think the build is ready.

I know that with your medical issues, there is an issue with lots of things moving on the screen at the same time, so the build doesn't mind a slower movespeed and a slower clear speed. This is perfect for my wife if she ever decides she wants to try the build for herself, but I play a little faster than she does, so that's why I went with the Quicksilver + Silver flask, to help myself move a little faster in between mobs.

Currently doing yellow shaped maps, just to get a better feel for the character now that I switched over to some higher level gems. I still need to level up my Empower gems, but I have another issue that might be due to my lack of understanding.
If I stand in front of a multi-lane blight encounter, even with cold and minions towers, I have to protect the pump from multiple directions. In cases like these, I find myself dying rather quickly. Sometimes my life just gets drained from too many monsters hitting me at the same time, sometimes it's my Golem or Holy Relic dying and then I have to move away to re-summon them or wait until the mob is dead and re-summon them. I MIGHT have to go back to your original suggestion of max Molten Shell and putting a level 20 CWDT with the Molten Shell, Golem, and Relic. I would have to manually cast them before I opened a map though, so that they can be active as soon as I go into a map.

I assume it's just that I don't have a lot of practice with melee characters. I'm used to casters or minion builds, where my character is usually a safe distance away from the mob in question. But if a blight encounter on a BLUE tier 8 shaped map can kill me (despite be facerolling all the other mobs on the map) then I think it's EITHER me doing something wrong, or blight monsters are just too OP.

EDIT: video as per request: https://youtu.be/vX8g-0N3Lyw
Thanks for the video AceOfJacks1. It was a good try. Looks great though!

I find that I'm fine not pre-casting the minions that I have attached to CwDT gems. We take tons of damage all the time. It doesn't take long for them to come out.

Melee/cyclone takes a lot of getting used to when you're ranged. The thing with PoE, unless you make a character that's designed to stay still, you always need to be moving (like you were in the video). Blight instances are a good example of needing to bounce back and forth a bit. The hard thing with Cyclone is seeing the danger on the ground. I find that I'm so busy looking to where I want to go with Cyclone that I don't see (with all the spinning animation) what danger there is right under me.

What kind of characters does your wife like to play?

Thanks for the post and the video :).
"
"
Eliah_cze a écrit :
Quick question, why nobody here plays EE? I used to play RF a lot and its basicaly as important as EO in the build. Thanks!
Hey Eliah_cze,

I made this build with a lot of active defensive skills. Most cast from CwDT gems, the other is Holy Flame Totem. All those skills hit with Fire Damage so it'd conflict with EE. I chose Defense over Offense.

If you take a look at some of my recent play sessions, see if the build does enough damage (with my mediocre gear) for you liking. If not, you could always sacrifice some life nodes, pick up EE, and just make sure you have lightning or cold damage being applied by Cyclone. As long as you keep spinning, you'll have the benefits of EE way more often than the negative aspects. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Annnnnd

Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

Re: My wife:
My wife has issues with anxiety and quick thinking. She panics and makes poor "on the spot" decisions, so she's currently playing a Flame Golem Elementalist so that it's a low stress situation. I was playing one earlier this league but after I killed Uber Elder with it (for the first time ever), I simply gave her all my gear and starting leveling the RF Chief myself. For her the builds have to be as straightforward as possible. For example, her Elementalist simply casts all golems, turns on auras, and then runs ... er ... STROLLS around the map dodging things on the floor while her golems literally do all the work. left click - move only, right click - convocation, q- flame dash. Everything else is CwDT or an aura. So other than flask management, she just takes her time opening chests and dodging shaper orbs while the golems clear the map for her. I would imagine the next character she plays (probably next league, I doubt she will want to learn to play a new character this late in the league) would be something else that is a simple 2 button build. Maybe a necro if next league is not summoner meta, since necros are expensive this league. Maybe even a totam build, where you just drop a totem and then run around while the totem does the work. Probably not something where you have to actively manage 4 or 5 different skills though.

Re: Elemental Equilibrium: I assume I'm ignorant to the mechanics of EE, but would Shield Charging, Leap Slamming, etc. into a mob with EE automatically give the mob fire resistance, since the RF touches the monster before the movement skill hits them? Even if you Cyclone with cold damage on a ring, isn't the RF hitting the mob before you even get close enough to Cyclone?
"
AceOfJacks1 a écrit :
Spoiler
Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

Re: My wife:
My wife has issues with anxiety and quick thinking. She panics and makes poor "on the spot" decisions, so she's currently playing a Flame Golem Elementalist so that it's a low stress situation. I was playing one earlier this league but after I killed Uber Elder with it (for the first time ever), I simply gave her all my gear and starting leveling the RF Chief myself. For her the builds have to be as straightforward as possible. For example, her Elementalist simply casts all golems, turns on auras, and then runs ... er ... STROLLS around the map dodging things on the floor while her golems literally do all the work. left click - move only, right click - convocation, q- flame dash. Everything else is CwDT or an aura. So other than flask management, she just takes her time opening chests and dodging shaper orbs while the golems clear the map for her. I would imagine the next character she plays (probably next league, I doubt she will want to learn to play a new character this late in the league) would be something else that is a simple 2 button build. Maybe a necro if next league is not summoner meta, since necros are expensive this league. Maybe even a totam build, where you just drop a totem and then run around while the totem does the work. Probably not something where you have to actively manage 4 or 5 different skills though.

Re: Elemental Equilibrium: I assume I'm ignorant to the mechanics of EE, but would Shield Charging, Leap Slamming, etc. into a mob with EE automatically give the mob fire resistance, since the RF touches the monster before the movement skill hits them? Even if you Cyclone with cold damage on a ring, isn't the RF hitting the mob before you even get close enough to Cyclone?
That's cool. I'm a huge fan of 1 button builds too. I actually need them myself for medical reasons. By no means feel obligated to pass on my builds to her, but by the end of the league, I'll have 6 guides that will cater to the "super-relaxed" and "1 button" playstyle. The builds may not interest her, but at least she'll have the options if she has a hard time finding more builds like the one she's currently on. I'm personally the kind of person that can play the same build forever.

In regards to RF, Damage Over Time skills do not Hit. So anytime you see a skill or ailment that deals Damage Over Time, remember that they don't hit. (Which is why Fire Penetration Support doesn't work with RF.) EE requires HITS to have itself applied to enemies. So RF will never change the Resists of EE. With my build specifically, I didn't choose EE (though I'll be adding it for 3.9) because I have a lot of automatically casted skills that give great offence and defence but all hit with fire damage. So you could Leap Slam into a group of people if you have Cold Damage added to your attacks and apply the positive aspects of EE. It'll just get nullified once our low-level CwDT casts spells...which is often. So that's where Cyclone is a huge improvement. It'd CONSTANTLY be hitting with cold damage. So the CwDT spells will have their negative aspects nullified quickly.

Does that make sense?

Annnnnd

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires