3.11 NEBULOCH JUG. TECTONIC SLAM, HC SUPER TANK, 3.11 BUFFED! Featured by Goodgaming!

"
LegendaryMewtwo a écrit :
"
Nickolai20599 a écrit :
So after playing this build for a couple of days as a league starter, I've come to the conclusion that without major min-maxing, you won't be able to do some of the high end bosses. The bossing DPS in 3.11 is rather low, and the defences don't make up for it when you're on a 10-15 exalt budget. It was an alright experience, but I cannot recommend it as a league starter or even on a mediocre-ish budget. I went in knowing that this was experimental this league, and it might still very well be improved upon and work better after I've quit, but that's my verdict as of today.

I don't hate the concept, don't mind the clear speed. But if a bossing character built for defense gets hammered by some bosses and takes minutes to kill others, it's not a very enjoyable experience.

Sadly, I agree with you and it's been my experience so far league starting with this build. You will be hammering Uber Lab boss for 5-10 minutes and still get close to one-shotted if you slip up. Metamorph bosses, again you will be hammering for minutes and all the defense doesn't mean you can just face tank things. I find the build also struggles with Alva portals where the DPS can't keep up with the timer even on white maps.

I'm hopeful things will change once I can get a 6L, but not overly optimistic that it will improve much without getting Nebulochs.

I am early in maps but I am finding the same things out right now.

My gear is crap which is probably some of the problem but just yesterday I battled a Metemorphasis boss and it was useless. I simply could not out damage his life regen. It was almost a stand still since I would whack a bunch of times, step back to heal with enduring cry, rewhack and got no where for almost 4 minutes until I gave up and just left the fight.

I am very bummed that people who already have the full nebuloch setup with 6 link damage are having problems bossing. That is a bad sign to me about whether I want to fully invest in this build.

If the final form of the build can't take down bosses in a modicum amount of time, it may not be worth the investment needed. But that investment level is still such a long way away, I am going to keep playing this build and see how the reviews go for people who are further along than I am.
I mean this is what I've been saying - the build got heavily nerfed but people kept trying to tell me it was better overall. If I'm in white maps with a 500pdps weapon and it takes me 10 hits to kill some of the tankier rares, the damage is going to tank like crazy endgame.

The clear is quite nice, and honestly the clearspeed isn't that bad when a slam hits the whole screen. But the single target is severely lacking.
Dernière édition par dragonsroc, le 24 juin 2020 11:34:59
Im getting into yellow tier maps, and have mostly been doing okay. Haven't unlocked uber elder yet. Doing SSF so i farmed myself a tabula to get the quick 6L, which i do find helps a lot. But yeah i do wonder if it's enough with the nebuloch damage.

I was considering yesterday farming an oni-goroshi to tie me over until i get nebulochs. According to PoB, the damage is slightly better, but you lose all the defensive capabilities. Anyways, i wonder if changes could be made to the tree or the item select to better improve damage for late end game.

Dernière édition par agm_ultimatex, le 24 juin 2020 12:17:26
Also concur this build is pretty mediocre now. Getting absolutely hammered and think I'll just try something else next league since this is not remotely fun
"
AndyLovesHisBge a écrit :
"
LegendaryMewtwo a écrit :
"
Nickolai20599 a écrit :
So after playing this build for a couple of days as a league starter, I've come to the conclusion that without major min-maxing, you won't be able to do some of the high end bosses. The bossing DPS in 3.11 is rather low, and the defences don't make up for it when you're on a 10-15 exalt budget. It was an alright experience, but I cannot recommend it as a league starter or even on a mediocre-ish budget. I went in knowing that this was experimental this league, and it might still very well be improved upon and work better after I've quit, but that's my verdict as of today.

I don't hate the concept, don't mind the clear speed. But if a bossing character built for defense gets hammered by some bosses and takes minutes to kill others, it's not a very enjoyable experience.

Sadly, I agree with you and it's been my experience so far league starting with this build. You will be hammering Uber Lab boss for 5-10 minutes and still get close to one-shotted if you slip up. Metamorph bosses, again you will be hammering for minutes and all the defense doesn't mean you can just face tank things. I find the build also struggles with Alva portals where the DPS can't keep up with the timer even on white maps.

I'm hopeful things will change once I can get a 6L, but not overly optimistic that it will improve much without getting Nebulochs.

I am early in maps but I am finding the same things out right now.

My gear is crap which is probably some of the problem but just yesterday I battled a Metemorphasis boss and it was useless. I simply could not out damage his life regen. It was almost a stand still since I would whack a bunch of times, step back to heal with enduring cry, rewhack and got no where for almost 4 minutes until I gave up and just left the fight.

I am very bummed that people who already have the full nebuloch setup with 6 link damage are having problems bossing. That is a bad sign to me about whether I want to fully invest in this build.

If the final form of the build can't take down bosses in a modicum amount of time, it may not be worth the investment needed. But that investment level is still such a long way away, I am going to keep playing this build and see how the reviews go for people who are further along than I am.

I am just in early reds so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I have been doing fine with the build. Sure, it is not summoner levels of broken, but I have been able to progress up the map tiers steadily with slow gear improvements, as is customary with most builds.

I did most of the progression on two handers (Sinvicta's mettle because I could not be bothered to min max a progression weapon), and made the switch to nebulochs and dual wield this morning (T10 maps) when I could finally afford it (that is like 85% of all the currency I made thus far...). Have not had the time to play much since then, but I can tear through vaal'd T11 as far as I can tell. And I have a lot of clear progression goals to hit left !

Overall, it has been a very pleasant ride thus far, so do not despair too quickly ! All I can say is that if you are struggling before T10 it probably is a gear problem (I only did cheap gear adjustments before grabbing nebulochs).
"
FakePersona a écrit :

I am just in early reds so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I have been doing fine with the build. Sure, it is not summoner levels of broken, but I have been able to progress up the map tiers steadily with slow gear improvements, as is customary with most builds.

I did most of the progression on two handers (Sinvicta's mettle because I could not be bothered to min max a progression weapon), and made the switch to nebulochs and dual wield this morning (T10 maps) when I could finally afford it (that is like 85% of all the currency I made thus far...). Have not had the time to play much since then, but I can tear through vaal'd T11 as far as I can tell. And I have a lot of clear progression goals to hit left !

Overall, it has been a very pleasant ride thus far, so do not despair too quickly ! All I can say is that if you are struggling before T10 it probably is a gear problem (I only did cheap gear adjustments before grabbing nebulochs).

thank you for the feed back. That is promising.
I've been rolling with Doryanis Catalyst while Nebulochs are stupid expensive and a cheap 6-link.
Although I'm only on yellow tiers it's going fine, but I don't think it's gonna be THAT bad on red tiers.

I'm using Avatar of Fire on the passive tree and was thinking abt using a flammability Impresence, might be good against bosses to help out the ST damage while I don't have a curse on hit glove
Worth noting i am on 2h right now, and am using fist of war. I have fortify linked to leap slam. I really hated the feel of Dash, so ill probably use a few points and get Combat Control.

Checking numbers in PoB, i used ruthless over the fortify support, and concentrated effect over elemental focus. I wonder if Elemental Focus applies before or after full phys->fire conversion.
"
Linhares07 a écrit :
I've been rolling with Doryanis Catalyst while Nebulochs are stupid expensive and a cheap 6-link.
Although I'm only on yellow tiers it's going fine, but I don't think it's gonna be THAT bad on red tiers.

I'm using Avatar of Fire on the passive tree and was thinking abt using a flammability Impresence, might be good against bosses to help out the ST damage while I don't have a curse on hit glove

FYI curses are not very good against bosses. Shaper and Co have 66% reduction to curses so a lv20 Flammability is only looking at a -14% (19% with blasphemy curse eff) to fire res. Combustion is a larger -res than the curse. You'd probably see a bigger boss dps gain using those two links to up your Warchief totem damage in all honesty.

The build just needs to find ways to increase ST damage against bosses. The clear is very nice with the tectonic changes to more area per end charge. I use infernal cry and on very large packs everything just explodes in one hit. I'm not sure which is better on bosses, infernal vs seismic, but the fact that infernal cry can proc combustion, curse on hit, fortify, etc I think makes it overall better for ST dps.
Dernière édition par dragonsroc, le 24 juin 2020 14:53:13
So this was my league starter, now I got some good stuff, currently progressing at tier 10-12 maps.

I'm tanky enough, clear is quite good but not fast, this is especially painful with Legion, I don't believe you could decently clear T14+ Monoliths with this build :(

Here's my stuff so far:

Bossing is bad. Yes, you tank them easily but with that low dps it's annoying. Drox is the worst, when he has the bubble up and he sends you mobs, they tank sooo much damage it's ridiculous, I don't know what's with that.

Well, I'm sticking with it now, I see in POB that late endgame dmg is 2mil, I'm still at around 800k so let's see how it will feel later.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires