[3.9] Endurance Charge Jugg

I now added a Might of the Meek in the jewel socket next to Constitution. It gives me a little extra life and armour at the cost of a bit of damage.
"
merlinbolt a écrit :
I'm also tecito, this is my main account and the reason I couldn't post characters before.

My jugg is standard character "zoolm" (level 94). It should be visible now, not sure how to post directly in forum.

I had been playing another character for legion, and I just came back to jugg a couple days ago.

I think I may have improved upon the skill tree, but not sure if that's just because of 3.8 changes.

Anyway, what I did was taking out some of the damage nods to get Champion of the Cause, which together with lvl 21 purities means we get an extra 1% to maximum resist, for a total of 83/82/82.

Also, and possibly just because of my item setup, I managed to take out the +30 int nod and replace it with two +10 nods to get an additional jewel socket below Elemental Overload.

I'm now using the Vitality Aul+Watcher's Eye version for near instant life recovery... However, I'm having a lot of trouble with hard delve mods at deph 560... I honestly don't know why, but mobs seem to be 1 or 2-hit me all the time. Sometimes the 2 hits come in so fast it doesn't even give time for my health to replenish or to pop molten shell.

I know I'm not supposed to selfcast molten shell, and that may help with some of the deaths, but most of the time I die while it's on cooldown anyway.
I've a 6600 life pool now. Armor goes up to 39k with full endurance charges.

Damage is not great, taking out those nods may have hurt more than I realize. But I care more about survivability anyway. I want this to be my deep delver char.

I seemed to be having trouble with projectiles not reaching some mobs, so I re-colored and took out concentrated effect to put fortify on main, I think that helped a bit with clear, but I'm still dying like crazy. For bosses I swap out Ancestral Call for Endurance Charge on Melee Stun based on your recommendation. Sometimes I even swap out faster attacks for culling strike on leap slam. And I still keep the Gluttony belt on inventory to get full endurance charges prior to entering a delve or starting a boss.

I managed to get a decent +3 molten strike proj. helmet too. Pantheon is Solaris and Ralakesh.

I don't even know if what's killing me is elemental damage, physical, chaos, or what. I know it's not DOT or bleed (I pop my flasks constantly and I would notice DOT anyway). It doesn't even seem to be crits, as I swapped helmet out for my good 'ol Ahn's Contempt, but made almost no difference, even in a 400% crit, 40% crit multi delve nod.

BTW- I couldn't figure out how to fit Blood and Sand. Even after taking Champion of the Cause, and with the lvl 4 enlighten, I'm left with just over 75% reserved mana with the 3 purities. I guess you take something to reduce the reservation on another aura, and don't use vitality. Or maybe another enlighten, or a helmet with reduced mana reservation.

If you could point out anything else you see that could be wrong, that would be great.

Refer to how i have my tree, just note that since you are playing on league you'll have to run the 3 vaal purities with dropping xophs blood and picking up avatar of fire in the tree. The amulet that you want i apologize i cant remember the name of it but it makes the purity of lightning not reserve mana and then you would be able to run with vitality

Ill be swapping around gems later on from my setup dropping blood magic and portal gen to get vaal molten shell and have my auras with enlighten so ill be able to run with ball lightning with cwdt and greater multiple projectiles while having the molten shield and curse with cwdt setup.

The reasoning that your dying contantly is because your setup is doing life leech instead of life on hit with watchers eye with life on hit. Ball lightning serves as each ball that hits produces hp on hit.
If you change 6 link with the setup im running everything dies in 1-2 hits so packs go bye bye once you leap into them.
Benefit with hp on hit is because its intant rather than over time like leech

Now currently im not 100 so my last 4 nodes will be all hp nodes but i am currently running at 5300 hp and have no issues at 545 in delve, still going deeper probably with current setup will be able to achieve 1200 depth.
there are nodes in delve after 500+ which need to be avoided and are ele pen, double or triple ele damage, and any exiles that do ele damage as they tend to slip away and 1 shot.
Only times i have died recently is because i didnt use belt to generate endurance charges at beginning of map either because i wasnt paying attention or just super stoned lol.
Dernière édition par Xiser, le 2 oct. 2019 14:24:02
"
Xiser a écrit :
Refer to how i have my tree, just note that since you are playing on league you'll have to run the 3 vaal purities with dropping xophs blood and picking up avatar of fire in the tree. The amulet that you want i apologize i cant remember the name of it but it makes the purity of lightning not reserve mana and then you would be able to run with vitality

Ill be swapping around gems later on from my setup dropping blood magic and portal gen to get vaal molten shell and have my auras with enlighten so ill be able to run with ball lightning with cwdt and greater multiple projectiles while having the molten shield and curse with cwdt setup.

The reasoning that your dying contantly is because your setup is doing life leech instead of life on hit with watchers eye with life on hit. Ball lightning serves as each ball that hits produces hp on hit.
If you change 6 link with the setup im running everything dies in 1-2 hits so packs go bye bye once you leap into them.
Benefit with hp on hit is because its intant rather than over time like leech

Now currently im not 100 so my last 4 nodes will be all hp nodes but i am currently running at 5300 hp and have no issues at 545 in delve, still going deeper probably with current setup will be able to achieve 1200 depth.
there are nodes in delve after 500+ which need to be avoided and are ele pen, double or triple ele damage, and any exiles that do ele damage as they tend to slip away and 1 shot.

Thanks for the tips, the ball lightning setup seems interesting, I didn't know you could do that for extra life on hit.

Did you also mean that life on hit isn't working on my molten strike lava balls anymore?

You gave me an idea, I should probably just put culling strike on weapon swap somehow, for hard bosses like Aul.

What do you think of a delve node like this? Should I avoid it at all costs at deph 560?

Spoiler
Monsters have: +328% crit chance, +45% crit multi, +28% damage, +31% speed, +2 additional projectiles, 90% extra damage as fire, 104% extra damage as cold, magic packs each have a bloodline mod, power charge on hit, +40% ele resist and +37% pack size
[/quote]

Thanks for the tips, the ball lightning setup seems interesting, I didn't know you could do that for extra life on hit.

Did you also mean that life on hit isn't working on my molten strike lava balls anymore?

You gave me an idea, I should probably just put culling strike on weapon swap somehow, for hard bosses like Aul.

What do you think of a delve node like this? Should I avoid it at all costs at deph 560?

Spoiler
Monsters have: +328% crit chance, +45% crit multi, +28% damage, +31% speed, +2 additional projectiles, 90% extra damage as fire, 104% extra damage as cold, magic packs each have a bloodline mod, power charge on hit, +40% ele resist and +37% pack size
[/quote]

Apologies i did forget the most critical delve note to avoid. So below is the ones you want to avoid and are not worth trying to go thru even with being extra careful.

first node you wanna avoid is enemies have 30% chance to steal your charges. since our build depends on endurance charges this is deadly.
2 extra ele dmg mods + pen or 3 extra ele dmg mods: since lightning dmg is our worst defense we need to avoid too much extra ele dmg.
exiles with extra ele dmg mods: these can be quite annoying since they spit in your face and 1 shot you from far far away.

With the life on hit question to molten strike, it does still work but it only hits the monsters that are around you or being damaged by it. With ball lightning with a watchers eye, the balls go thru monsters and continue they dont stop. So youll be shooting those out constantly and hitting monster with it which means that youll be getting atleast the two koams ring hp on hit and watchers eye on each hit. That mixed in with our hp regen, youll never go below losing more than 50 hp at a time because the regen + on hit hp is just so quick that you dont notice it moving. But when your hp goes down farther your defenses allow enough time for you to leap away and recover.

For culling strike, i did consider it at one point but found that were doing so much damage anyway that culling would only save about 5 seconds in a boss fight. It was really hard to see a difference really but maybe thats just me.

If i had the gem socket i would link ball lightning with blind with running tombfist which is a great source for dps becsuse of the intimidate abyss jewel combo. Tombfists were nerfed but they are probably best in slot imo. Just corrupt to get the curse ele weakness and youll be golden.

In total i am running about -85 fire resistance to monsters between gems, tree, and curse which makes everything die super quick.

Attack speed is also a big factor into the build after balancing your resistances. So thrle ambidexterity nodes on tree make your molten strike that much quicker.

Also a big factor in your survivabilty is from fortify, so my recommendation would be to corrupt at least one of your nebulochs to have it on hit. You can go with both so youll have it always or do what i did and get the other corrupted with onslaught on kill

Here is a recent video i did doing a spider forest with speed shrine. I will admit this is not the true speed all the time but its just fun to see something tanky have this clear speed lol
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/xiser/video/79810232

Then of a random 500+ delve

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/xiser/video/79811255
Dernière édition par Xiser, le 2 oct. 2019 21:30:22
I'm having a lot of trouble with an Aul, Crystal King at deph 554, already died over 100 times here alone.

The mods are:

+398% crit chance
+41% crit multi
+31% movement speed
+34% attack speed
+35% cast speed
102% damage as extra lightning
+18% pack size

The worst part is that I'm not even dying to the special mechanics or the bomb or even the beam, just the regular windup attacks/projectiles. If my health is not at max when he does these, I just die, and sometimes he does 2 attacks in quick succesion and it's not enough time for my life pool to replenish entirely.

Most of the times I manage to destroy only 1 or 2 guardians, sometimes 0 if my leap slams are on point and I don't panic.

I've found a nice trick that has helped me survive for a while longer in the fight, while it still hasn't been enough to beat him. What I do is I take 3x Blood of the Karui flasks and get Ryslatha pantheon for life flask charges and quicker life regen from life flasks. Perhaps it's because of my particular Watcher's Eye, which adds additional and quicker life regen from flasks, but that amount of life regen is enough to fill up my life inbetween the 2 hits quickly enough that I don't die. It's nice because it saves Molten Shell and Vaal Molten Shell for when I really need them. Another option would be to use Forbidden Taste instead, those are instant speed, and with my 72% chaos res with 10 endurance charges the chaos damage is not a problem, but they don't refill with the pantheon, so in that case I would probably take Yugul as it can save us from some of the deaths. For my other 2 flasks I take 2x Dying Sun, as they are by far the most DPS enhancing flask, and also help a bit with life recovery. The reason for doing this is that there are long periods between each of the minion phases and your flasks always run out. Also the other flasks don't seem to be very useful here, except for the sulphur flask that adds a bit of DPS, but still much less than the Dying Sun. And because my DPS isn't that high, I'll run out of flask charges way before the minion phase comes up, so I have plenty of time to use all my charges from multiple copies of the same flask.

If you have any other tips for this fight I would greatly appreciate them.
Dernière édition par merlinbolt, le 4 oct. 2019 07:13:33
"
merlinbolt a écrit :
I'm having a lot of trouble with an Aul, Crystal King at deph 554, already died over 100 times here alone.

The mods are:

+398% crit chance
+41% crit multi
+31% movement speed
+34% attack speed
+35% cast speed
102% damage as extra lightning
+18% pack size

The worst part is that I'm not even dying to the special mechanics or the bomb or even the beam, just the regular windup attacks/projectiles. If my health is not at max when he does these, I just die, and sometimes he does 2 attacks in quick succesion and it's not enough time for my life pool to replenish entirely.

Most of the times I manage to destroy only 1 or 2 guardians, sometimes 0 if my leap slams are on point and I don't panic.

I've found a nice trick that has helped me survive for a while longer in the fight, while it still hasn't been enough to beat him. What I do is I take 3x Blood of the Karui flasks and get Ryslatha pantheon for life flask charges and quicker life regen from life flasks. Perhaps it's because of my particular Watcher's Eye, which adds additional and quicker life regen from flasks, but that amount of life regen is enough to fill up my life inbetween the 2 hits quickly enough that I don't die. It's nice because it saves Molten Shell and Vaal Molten Shell for when I really need them. Another option would be to use Forbidden Taste instead, those are instant speed, and with my 72% chaos res with 10 endurance charges the chaos damage is not a problem, but they don't refill with the pantheon, so in that case I would probably take Yugul as it can save us from some of the deaths. For my other 2 flasks I take 2x Dying Sun, as they are by far the most DPS enhancing flask, and also help a bit with life recovery. The reason for doing this is that there are long periods between each of the minion phases and your flasks always run out. Also the other flasks don't seem to be very useful here, except for the sulphur flask that adds a bit of DPS, but still much less than the Dying Sun. And because my DPS isn't that high, I'll run out of flask charges way before the minion phase comes up, so I have plenty of time to use all my charges from multiple copies of the same flask.

If you have any other tips for this fight I would greatly appreciate them.

Get yourself a watchers eye with life on hit. Instead of relying on flasks you be getting hp back with every hit. With molten strike +2-3 balls from helmet + the wilfire you be pushing 7-8 balls which means depending on your hp on hit watchers eye youll be generating about 140 hp per swing and that is without the flask for additional projectiles. Youll be tanking everything. Ill post some more later on. But this will be the biggest and greatest swap you can make
"
Xiser a écrit :
Get yourself a watchers eye with life on hit. Instead of relying on flasks you be getting hp back with every hit. With molten strike +2-3 balls from helmet + the wilfire you be pushing 7-8 balls which means depending on your hp on hit watchers eye youll be generating about 140 hp per swing and that is without the flask for additional projectiles. Youll be tanking everything. Ill post some more later on. But this will be the biggest and greatest swap you can make

I do have that Watcher's Eye and should be gaining 38 hp per ball hit, shooting 8 balls + basic melee hit every 0.32s, I calculated that without flasks that's 1000 hp per second from life on hit (assuming all balls hit), +1200 life regen (minus about 700 damage per second from nebulochs and blood rage damage), and then there's the leech, which should be 1500 per second extra. All in all it should be 3000 life recovery per second, but even all of that is not enough, Aul just hits me too hard and too fast.

Even with the Blood of the Karui active I'm sometimes dying now, thinking of going back to the Forbidden Taste, but I often run out of charges with that one so I don't know.

It's not even just the Aul, even regular mobs often kill me at these dephs and with these kind of mods if I'm not careful, even with the regular set of flasks active.

I don't think the crit mods matter because I have solaris and the crit chance is so high that solaris reduction is almost always active probably.

I'm starting to think that something isn't working as intended with my character, I'm not sure what it is.

Once I can use vorici for white sockets on chest I will swap in conc effect instead of endurance charge on melee stun for bosses.
Dernière édition par merlinbolt, le 4 oct. 2019 10:10:52
"
I do have that Watcher's Eye and should be gaining 38 hp per ball hit, shooting 8 balls + basic melee hit every 0.32s, I calculated that without flasks that's 1000 hp per second from life on hit (assuming all balls hit), +1200 life regen (minus about 700 damage per second from nebulochs and blood rage damage), and then there's the leech, which should be 1500 per second extra. All in all it should be 3000 life recovery per second, but even all of that is not enough, Aul just hits me too hard and too fast.

Even with the Blood of the Karui active I'm sometimes dying now, thinking of going back to the Forbidden Taste, but I often run out of charges with that one so I don't know.

It's not even just the Aul, even regular mobs often kill me at these dephs and with these kind of mods if I'm not careful, even with the regular set of flasks active.

I don't think the crit mods matter because I have solaris and the crit chance is so high that solaris reduction is almost always active probably.

I'm starting to think that something isn't working as intended with my character, I'm not sure what it is.

Once I can use vorici for white sockets on chest I will swap in conc effect instead of endurance charge on melee stun for bosses.

Ok looking over your build you are lacking some major defenses for deep delves

Gems with cwdt need to be revisited- recommendation swap with ball lightning+greater mulitple projectiles+cdwt
2nd cwdt should be for curse and vaal molten shell if you can fit it without losing blood rage

Nebulochs need to be corurupted with fortify on hit. Atleast 1 nebuloch. 1 corruption should be fine.

Tree wise-
Swap the four nodes on top left reducing mana reservation to get the 4 nodes at bottom leading to the + 1 to minimum endurance charges. Also you can sacrifice all the points just above to bottom + 1 to maximum endurace charges and pick up the 3+ attack speed nodes by the hp node wheel and pick up nore hp or there is 3 nodes on the bottom left of tree. you can pick up that grant more hp Regen per endurance charge and more armor. Which will put you up to close to 50k armor at full endurance charges.

Also wildfire jewel needs to be corrupted with immunity to corrupted blood.

I apologize im not being specific in tree im posting while at work lol.
If you need to refer my tree to see how i have my tree. Just keep the 5 points going to get +1 to maximun to all resistances since your not able to get a standard loreweave with 80 max res If you are able to get one, then you can drop the 3 vaal gems for res and pick up some more damage auras and drop the 5 points on tree needed to get +1 max res and pick up a purity of elements to scale your resistances.
Dernière édition par Xiser, le 5 oct. 2019 12:02:56
What do you think about LoreWeave for this build? Can i use it?
"
OchinchinXD a écrit :
What do you think about LoreWeave for this build? Can i use it?

Defensively, it is a much worse option with both life and resists. You would also probably need to run a purity of elements just to hit resist cap. The degen from the nebulochs also would be worse too. Would be more damage tho.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires