Please fix: Bane is a 1-link against Null Portals

The curse immunity of Null Portals seems to make it pretty much impossible for Bane to complete the adds phase for the Elder fight, as Bane's damage is simply too pitiful to reliably kill them without its applied curses. My character is capable of cursing Hexproof enemies (Cospri's Will), but these portals still can't be cursed.

I'm doing pretty good damage against the Elder himself, and the monsters that spawn from the portals, but I simply can't kill the portals before the Shaper gets turned into a pincushion. Please, either change their curse immunity to Hexproof, or simply remove it.
Dernier bump le 23 mars 2019 19:33:26
Ce fil de discussion a été automatiquement archivé. Les réponses ont été désactivées.
and this is exactly why you should have a 4L Essence Drain setup
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Miazga a écrit :
and this is exactly why you should have a 4L Essence Drain setup

I have a 5l Soulrend setup as my secondary skill. It isn't enough to kill the Null Portals quickly enough to stop the Shaper from dying. Total curse immunity should simply be Hexproof, so that methods of bypassing Hexproof are actually relevant in endgame content.
Dernière édition par Willizord, le 18 mars 2019 06:23:55
Yep, i was murdered by yellow Elder 5 times because of it. I was honestly shocked by it as my weaker characters could easily handle him.
Yeah that sucks. My first Elder of the league was in red maps, so I was pretty excited about that at first, but the actual boss fight was pretty disappointing. I had no trouble surviving against the Elder and beat him without dying, but Bane was completely worthless against the Null Portals and it was impossible for me to protect the Shaper, so I had no chance to get a Watcher's Eye.

I'm really hoping this gets fixed soon because I'm loving Trickster Bane+Soulrend, but both Elder and Uber Elder look to be completely out of the question for this build.
Lots of builds have trouble keeping shaper alive in red elder. Just run a frost wall or a decoy totem or something like everyone else.
"
Lots of builds have trouble keeping shaper alive in red elder. Just run a frost wall or a decoy totem or something like everyone else.

I mean I will if I have to but the point of this subforum is to make suggestions and my suggestion is that they make Bane a functional skill against endgame content. I don't see why you would argue with that.
"
Willizord a écrit :
"

I mean I will if I have to but the point of this subforum is to make suggestions and my suggestion is that they make Bane a functional skill against endgame content. I don't see why you would argue with that.

I'm not arguing with that, and using a supportive skill like Frost Wall to keep Shaper alive is HOW you make Bane functional against endgame content.

Like I said, MANY builds can't keep shaper up with 10 IQ play due to things like AOE coverage etc. And those builds run frost wall or decoy totem, problems solved. This is not a problem unique to Bane, and complaining because you have to use two buttons for an endgame boss is just ridiculous.
"
"
Willizord a écrit :
"

I'm not arguing with that, and using a supportive skill like Frost Wall to keep Shaper alive is HOW you make Bane functional against endgame content.

Like I said, MANY builds can't keep shaper up with 10 IQ play due to things like AOE coverage etc. And those builds run frost wall or decoy totem, problems solved. This is not a problem unique to Bane, and complaining because you have to use two buttons for an endgame boss is just ridiculous.

Other skills actually DO DAMAGE to the Null Portals, dude. Bane's curses ARE its damage links, so the curse immunity effectively removes the links from the skill. What's the reasoning behind not being able to curse the portals when you can curse the Elder himself? What's the point of Hexproof if there are things that are arbitrarily curse immune? It feels like an oversight, considering I'm able to curse everything else in the game, including the doors of syndicate fortifications which aren't even actual enemies.

Like, I would even be fine with the Null Portals having 100% less curse effectiveness if they want to make them effectively curse immune, but they should still be able to get the curses placed on them to enable other effects.
Dernière édition par Willizord, le 20 mars 2019 16:45:36
Agreed. In addition to curse-immunity, other immunities should be removed. There's a reason GGG removed elemental immunities that D2 had: They aren't fun.

Make them like Hexproof where you can't normally curse them unless it's something that character/skill specializes in.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires